rip engine

ITzABUICK

Well sadly my brother was the last one to drive my Buick it's now dead have to yank the motor get the crank machined , bearings new connecting rod (minor crack near threads ) BUT the good news is now I can build it any thoughts to what I should do

First I would access just how much damage the engine sustained. Can't really set a budget until you know if you have to bore it, line bore/hone it, get new valves, will the crank clean up, are the main caps OK, does it need new valves, etc....

As of now the crank needs to be machined and new bearings of the motor is gonna be pulled I'd do a cam to it small (very small )crack at the base of the connecting rod were the bolt goes in

1st........... NEVER let your brother drive your GN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is exactly what happens.
is he paying for the damage/ repairs?
2nd ....... do not scrimp on labor and materials, use someone knowledgeable, and affordable.
you cannot "just add a cam", you will need better springs, timing chain. lifters, and if flat tappet, you MUST use a zinc additive! in the oil everytime!

1. For the cost of the crank mag and regrind, I'd call one of our vendors and get a forged piece.
[I think Dave Husek has them advertised on the board.??]
[.001+/- brgs are a lot easier to find for stock diameter crank throws.]
2. One of Earls ft covers is necessary.
3. Roller cam.

Just my $.02:shifty:

Jw, how did your brother manage to hurt your engine, or was it already going downhill and he popped it?

Sent while spoolin in a tomato field

Never loan your car or your wife out. Sooner or later someone will throw a rod in it.:ROFLMAO:
HAHA one of the funniest things Ive heard in awhile and those thrown rods can do some real damage. If you end up grinding your crank insist on having it ground to the high side of the journal diameters, the reason being this will reduce the bearing clearance and go along way to helping your fresh motor have good oil pressure. These motors struggle to have good pressure if the journal clearances are done smallblock chevy style.