You can type here any text you want

Rjc pcv

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

getdowngranny

Mr. Fix It
Just received my rjc pcv today since my stock pcv valve was allowing boost to pass. I tried sucking on the valve in the proper direction I trying really hard I can barely get any air through. Is this how it is supposed to function? When I blow through it is it nice and sealed as advertised.

getdowngranny said:
Just received my rjc pcv today since my stock pcv valve was allowing boost to pass. I tried sucking on the valve in the proper direction I trying really hard I can barely get any air through. Is this how it is supposed to function? When I blow through it is it nice and sealed as advertised.

It's right. Takes a few psi to crack it. Shoot compressed air into it but I don't think human lungs can do it.

I tryed the RJC pcv on three diffrent TTA's, didn't work right on either one...

TTA308 said:
I tryed the RJC pcv on three diffrent TTA's, didn't work right on either one...

What was it doing/not doing? What did you end up using? I have tried 2 different pcv's and neither seal 100%.

High idle, wacky blm numbers, acted like a big vac leak, ended up using a stock pcv from Highway stars i think...

What was it doing/not doing? What did you end up using? I have tried 2 different pcv's and neither seal 100%.

Use the stock one to meter vacuum and put the rjc inline between the pcv and TB and let it do its job of keeping boost out of the crankcase. I've been set up like this for two years now. Original slugs and rings with 87k and I can't put more than a 1/2 quart of oil in it over 3k miles and LOTS of WOT blasts at 25psi. I used 1qt every 1k miles before this mod; I guess I was just pushing it out.

I use the RJC valve in place of the stock PCV...with no issues...and I'm out pounding on my junk at my local track most weekends.

What's all this blowing and sucking going on.:D

High idle, wacky blm numbers, acted like a big vac leak, ended up using a stock pcv from Highway stars i think...

X2 on that... I threw it away to be honest. Caused my BL to jump to 150 and sucked so much air in through the crank case breathers that my hand would get stuck to the valve covers..lol.. Kirbans has an in line check valve for about $26 that looks useable though I've never used it...

i have to check when i get home, but, i found 2 at advance auto- 1 sits in the stock grommet and another one is smaller and thinner that i use inline with it. They are both gray and black and have held 30+psi. If i only used the one in the factory location the vacuum was too great and would pull oil, the second one limits the amount of vacuum so my plenum stays dry.

I ended up putting a stock AC Delco PCV in the stock location and put the RJC PCV in-between my PCV oil catch can and the throttle body. Works like a champ. BLM's locked in low 130's idle and 127 cruising and no boost in cranckcase. Thanks for the info guys.

After chasing high BLMs..Looking for a vacuum leak. I saw this thread last night and noticed what was said about running a RJC PVC alone.. I just installed the autozone brand pcv with the RJC in line... my BLMs went from 143 to 126 at idle. looks like im burning some oil tho? lite smoke out the tail pipes.

I am going to try that tomorrow (Rjc in line), Thank's for the tip we4Mateo i had gave up on that pricey PCV....

I put one in my car when I rebuilt it and I haven't had any problems. BLM is good Idle is good.

aminga said:
I put one in my car when I rebuilt it and I haven't had any problems. BLM is good Idle is good.

Some seem to work fine; not sure what the difference is but i had blm issues too until i ran both stock and rjc pcv valve. I've put just the rjc on some cars and been fine too, idk.

Im going to install one on mine and see what happens, ordered on friday from kirban

Some seem to work fine; not sure what the difference is but i had blm issues too until i ran both stock and rjc pcv valve. I've put just the rjc on some cars and been fine too, idk.

I think that's the message for those that find this in a search. Sometime they work, sometime they don't sealing boost isn't the problem it's the crack pressure under vac.

I've used the kirban one along with ac delco PVC first, no iproblems for years this way. Seen several have probs with Rjc ones

I ve used the Kirban style for a while. I can say that it does lower the crankcase vaccum and this does result in blowby out the beathers on engine with excessive blowby. Returning to the stock setup elimated the blowby everytime until WOT so pic your poison.

Back