Roll cage

I think S&W does, but let me be the first of many who are going to jump on here and tell you that a bolt in bar is not NHRA legal in a G-body. The bar must be welded to the frame.

I don't think there is such a thing as a "bolt-in" roll cage. And like previously mentioned, it is not LEGAL. Do it right and have a custom built 10-point cage done by a true professional! Your life is not something to risk man. I've seen some NICE cage setups where it wasn't a big deal to get in and out of the car on both sides. I see caged cars on the street all the time. In fact, most people say don't do a cage for a street car, hell, I'd rather have a cage for the street because you are more likely to get in a nasty accident on the street than at the track!

The problem with a 10 point on the street is you don't have your helmet on to prevent your head from hitting the bar over the drivers door in a wreck. Ouch!

A 4-point could be ok...not sure. I would be most interested in what our readers experiences have been with street use.

Having said all that, I would "feel" safer in a car with a proper 10 point system! Would I get strange looks if I wore an open face helmet when driving on the street? I use a full face helmet on my V-Rod! I could change myb GN's tag to "My Cycle"!

Conrad
Hot Air

It really depends on how fast you want to go with the car. Under 10.00 requires a 10 point. Might as well build yourself a nice one now and be done with it because you know you will want to go faster! You won't look funny with a helmet on the street. It will just show everyone you mean business and are a professional. LOL!

My advice to you is find a local chassis builder. Find somebody you can trust and who has done other GN's.

Have them build you a custom rollbar/rollcage out of chromemoly tubing. A 5 point rollbar is legal to 10.00. And if done properly, it can be updated with a halo to a full 8 to 12 point cage if you decide to go faster.

I've found that the generic kits offered by S&W, Alston, and others don't fit as nice as a well built custom bar/cage. Going with mild steel really adds alot of weight. CM steel is much lighter and very strong.

Build it once, do it to NHRA or IHRA specs, and enjoy the car!!

Dave

Thanks for all the replies. I just ran a 10.95@126mph in the car off a 5psi launch and it spun a bit. BUT they never said anything about the cage issue :) i know i know not safe at all but until i get the boot for not having one ill save my loot.