Roll Call TAI TurboBuick.com National's!!!!! 2013

Well my 2 cents here......

TAI is certainly the place to be in NC.

Well my race week started off on sunday as thats when JD and Don landed in Randleman as i hosted those guys for the week. So we started off by going nad hanging out at richards place and helping clean up. Over the next few days I helped work on many cars and i also changed out a engine in Bob Bailey's car. I knew that my transmission as acting funny. So i swapped out the trans filter to a 700r4 bottom feed filter as i had a deep pan and was thinking i was havin fluid starving problem and when doing this i found a couple of small pieces of metal in the pan. OH well buttoned it up and drove it seems to help

Well i now friday morning and i make the trip to the track and make my first pass and spun bad. so i waited a bit and decided to make another pass and it hooks i ran like a 6.8X off the foot brake and i find out 2 things wrong with my car!! one the trans is still acting up on the 2-3 shifts hitting the rev limiter @6500 during the shifts. Second the Turbo drain is leaking oil like crazy. WTF I was a little pissed about that.

So i lowered the rev limit down to 6100 to help the 2-3 and i helped alot ! it lowered the et 2 tenths!!!!!! so i'm now stuck in the low 6.60's and i.m tring to turn the boost up and it won't go up !! I later found out that tha gasket under the turbo is now busted and i now have a exhaust leak!! so three thing wrong wth my car ! damn it!!!!

So i enter e 6.99 race and i got put out in the first round due to what i thought was tire spining thru the 60 ft. (Bad Trans).

So along comes TAI count down. I had to race since i talked so much smack to JD here in this thread!!!

JD got the bye run (imagine that) :)

Esinger runs John gorrie (gorrie wins )

I run steve from FL and I win

So the next round was JD and John gorrie ... JD won to the Finals he goes!!!!!!!!!

I got a bye Run.

During my bye run i was just gonna 60ft it to make sure i could stick it a little harder since i knew it was going to be me an JD in the Finals. Well the car left hard (foot brake) and the trans done a caught and relaese thing and i thought that i had spun a little when it got out near the 60ft clocks.......Well i lifted and coasted to the end of track and got nthe return road and the trans acted like it was in nuetral ...............so i tried all gears and all i had was reverse.........SO i backed all the way down the return to the timing tower and to the pits in reverse!!!!!!!

I got the trans out of the car and gonna tear in to it tomorrow........

here is a vid my buddy shot of me in the semi-finals.........

IT was a great week for me!!!!!!!!!! and TEAM JD!!!!!!!!!!

We need people like JD. It makes think about how boring life would be with all political correct people.

Couldn't agree with you more!

My mom was recently diagnosed with cancer and underwent surgery this last week. While I would have LOVED to have given JD all kinds of crap face to face, I had to stay home...but, then I received a couple of pictures from JD and Patrick. Not only did it mean a ton, it really shows what kind of people are still around in the Buick community. I've gotta say, I'm a lucky gal to have such wonderful friends. :D

Attachments

• IMG955484.jpg
    IMG955484.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG955794.jpg
    IMG955794.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 182
We need people like JD. It makes think about how boring life would be with all political correct people.

JD is really a great guy and really fun to be around. He's always happy to help people, really is a great racer and has a great car.

With all that said, JD gets an award from me. I'm going to call it the "Mike Shields Butt Crack" award.
butt-crack.jpg

after seeing the track and the TAI cars run on friday... there will be one more in the TAI class next year

guys/gals better brush up on your lights

Finally Home!!!!!!

First off I want to thank Patrick for puttin up with Don and I for A HOLE WEEK!!!!!

Next I have to thank Clint for ONCE AGAIN , being a GREAT RACE DIECTOR!!!!!

And have to say I wish I could have given him a CLOSER RACE!!! hats off to you!!!!!

Not sure where to start........ for all that where not able to make IT, you'll missed a GREAT TIME!!!!!

Was AWESOME to see all that where able to attend!!!! Nice to put Faces to names!!!

As always got to meet a lot of new Buick NUT'S!!!

I hope Clint can post up ladder and times from the Race!!!

Cant wait to see you all in Bowling Green!!!!!

Team JD, you guys and gals are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't agree with you more!

My mom was recently diagnosed with cancer and underwent surgery this last week. While I would have LOVED to have given JD all kinds of crap face to face, I had to stay home...but, then I received a couple of pictures from JD and Patrick. Not only did it mean a ton, it really shows what kind of people are still around in the Buick community. I've gotta say, I'm a lucky gal to have such wonderful friends. :D

Patrick and I where honored to RACE ON HER BEHALF!!!!!!!

Plesea give your Mom, A BIG HUG FROM ME!!!!!!!!

I just got home 2 hours ago, minus a car and trailer...motor started knocking on the dyno !!!!!! Missed getting to run TAI AGAIN!!! Left the car and trailer at RCs
. RC and I will go through the motor and get her running soon.

Met some more cool people there again !!!

Thanks to JD !! Installed ALKY back on my car, was a late night install.

Thanks to Patrick for letting me crash on the couch so I didnt have to run all the way back to the motel.

I missed the grudge race but saw the races Saturday...Congrats to JD for a new Personal Best 1/8 mile !!

As always, Richards hospitality was second to none !!!

Great to see everyone again.

Bryan

I just got home 2 hours ago, minus a car and trailer...motor started knocking on the dyno !!!!!! Missed getting to run TAI AGAIN!!! Left the car and trailer at RCs
. RC and I will go through the motor and get her running soon.

Met some more cool people there again !!!

Thanks to JD !! Installed ALKY back on my car, was a late night install.

Thanks to Patrick for letting me crash on the couch so I didnt have to run all the way back to the motel.

I missed the grudge race but saw the races Saturday...Congrats to JD for a new Personal Best 1/8 mile !!

As always, Richards hospitality was second to none !!!

Great to see everyone again.

Bryan

One of these days ur bad luck will be GONE:)

Glad u got home safe and sound!!!

And was thinking sacrificing a virgin.....but down there that might be a little tough to find. So a chicken it is.