RU's new DD, "The Red Baron".

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF SECRETS
Staff member
Welp, I traded my GS on Sat for a really Sweet '05 GTO.
He's a Torrid Red A4 '05 GTO and I've decided to name him The Red Baron.
Very quick car. 18k miles and in absolutely immaculate condition. Already installed were an FIPK kit, cat back exhaust system and tinted windows. So right off the bat, I've saved myself $1,800 - $2k. The car runs strong and is going to be alot of fun. Here are a few pictures.

DSC01167.jpg

DSC01170.jpg

DSC01179.jpg

DSC01180.jpg

DSC01182.jpg

DSC01187.jpg

More can be seen here.

Patricks_cars/The Red Baron - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Don't worry everyone, I haven't forgotten about Sarah as I'm currently saving my pennies now for the trans over the winter. Looks like I'm being swayed deeper and deeper by the dark side. Future mods you might ask? I'm really looking hard at that APS TT kit.
Anywho, I'll keep everyone posted.
Thanks for reading.

Patrick

Becareful with the GTO, it will take all your attention away from your turbo Buick. You will find yourself slowly ignoring the Buick as you mod the goat.
Trust me, I know....

Attachments

• nublu 008s.JPG
    nublu 008s.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 370
Patrick,

That thing is very nice, I don't want to know if Tracey calls you Snoopy now or not....:eek:

Very nice Patrick! Welcome to the club! When will you begin installing the turbo kit? :D

nice ride!!

bought one for the wife a year ago this month. awesome car look's like it is identical to her's red interior as well. i was told they didn't make many that way. havent had much time for it though my buick is my baby and alway's will be. wait till the keyless entry act's up. :confused: nice ride good luck with it.

Seems like quite a few GN guys are buying the GTOs. I got mine about 2 months ago with 14k miles on it. You might want to look into the GenTT kit that Mike sells. Seems to be able to produce better numbers, and I don't think there is as much cutting of the car. I think its a better price too, I'm sure mike will hook you up with a killer deal. I paid cash for mine, so I'm kinda poor right now. I'm looking at the STS sytem for mine, cuz I don't want to hack the car up, but may go with the GenTT system once I sell my old DD.

Attachments

• GTO-at-house-b.jpg
    GTO-at-house-b.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 222
Great car for a great guy.

It was a pleasure to meet u today. But I will say I hate U because now I got the itch again to get one but that grey-blue color!;)

It was good to meet you too Brer.
Thanks for all the compliments guys. Now, just as 441120 said, it's already getting tough deciding on which car to spend money on. Especially with funds being tight. I do want to get the car over to 41 before the weather sets in. I can already tell that traction is going to be a serious issue once I start turning up the power. Yep, I'm talking with Mike at FT about future power mods.
On a different note, I have already introduced Sarah to the Baron and from first impressions, they are getting along just fine. :D

Patrick

Sweet color choice. I have always loved Red, don't know why its just the way it is.

I had an 04 LS1 Goat - fun car - had to trade for something with four doors though to make the wife happy:confused:

I just drove a 05 gto last night (first time) and wow....lots of power, i was very impress..the GTO alreadly had headers and exhaust when he purchased it and it pulled in every gears...but i`m waiting on the CAMARO...

It is impressive the factory power they have. I have quite a few mods on the GN, and I'm pushing a little over 400 hp to the rear wheels on a VERY tame tune, although it has over 540 rwt. My GTO (all stock) doesn't have near the umph that the GN does, but it continues to pull well into the rpms. A small nitrous shot would make the goat very respectable on the street.

Thats the same thing i told the guy with the GTO, that my GN has alot more power....and pulls harder....but from the factory the GTO has potential to become a monster :eek:

Thats the same thing i told the guy with the GTO, that my GN has alot more power....and pulls harder....but from the factory the GTO has potential to become a monster :eek:
The GTO is the perfect daily driver for Turbo Buick owners.
JMO
:cool:

We reflashed the ECM and trans controller in mine and I can say this, the difference was impressive to say the least. The L92 heads/L76 intake and a custom cam will be going is soon, Average RWHP with that setup in around 450. After that the turbos will go on. Traction is an issue now so we need to sort that out before the turbos.
Mike

Mike, I was going to ask where you were at with the build-up on the BOM GTO. I'm still trying to figure out what direction I'm going to take with the GTO. Right now its my DD, but I may bring the old Eagle TSI out of retirement and put that back as the DD. Problem is, right now the TSI is still worth a good little chunk of money, and I may sell it while its still worth something. Insurance for 3 performance cars in south florida isn't cheap. Plus I'm paying about $100 more a year for the GTO than I am for a 13 year old 4 banger car. Doesn't make sense to me.

How much cutting is done on the car to install a GenTT system? I read the install guide for the APS system and was surprised at the amount of cutting that had to be done to the car.