RUSTYNAIL TTA engine

Either the better Aeromotive (Eliminator?) or a Weldon 2015. I have seen that pump run out of steam around 750hp when the boost (and fuel pressure) starts climbing.

I am under the understanding that to go with GN heads I would have to remove the AC. This started out as a very mild build. I am basically going to get the chassis set-up with this combo and next winter build a new engine combo.

Ya.. but the TTA heads have "issues" when you start to really turn up the steam. There is a wall in that lower 10 second range.. as long as you keep the performance slower than that, you wont need a better head and you wont need a better fuel pump.

Been there.. done it.. know a few that have been there and done it as well. Same results. Maybe maybe you can be the fortunate one to figure it out. I know where the wall was for me.. and its been the same for everyone else. 135 MPH. Discussion with Jack Merkel was the exhuast runners where too short on the TTA head. Could also be downpipe design that has a sharp bend creating too much back pressure. Either way, whether its the heads, DP, headers, etc.. keep a very close eye on the tuneup if you choose to venture up in power.

If I had to do it again, and wanted to go lower 10's or faster.. I would have a really good look at the AC and downpipe issue using the GN1's. But I wouldnt do it with the TTA heads. Just my humble opinion, and trying to save you some wrench turning.

The motor looks absolutely beautiful. And your selection of parts has been perfect.

Good luck with it.. really. And remember "your saying" .. "I would like room to grow" With the TTA head.. I know what size room you'll have :D

Looks like a great combo. The suspension looks great too very similar to what I have on my Formula. The car should work really well.

Been there.. done it.. know a few that have been there and done it as well. Same results. Maybe maybe you can be the fortunate one to figure it out. I know where the wall was for me.. and its been the same for everyone else. 135 MPH. Discussion with Jack Merkel was the exhuast runners where too short on the TTA head. Could also be downpipe design that has a sharp bend creating too much back pressure. Either way, whether its the heads, DP, headers, etc.. keep a very close eye on the tuneup if you choose to venture up in power.

If I had to do it again, and wanted to go lower 10's or faster.. I would have a really good look at the AC and downpipe issue using the GN1's. But I wouldnt do it with the TTA heads. Just my humble opinion, and trying to save you some wrench turning.

The motor looks absolutely beautiful. And your selection of parts has been perfect.

Good luck with it.. really. And remember "your saying" .. "I would like room to grow" With the TTA head.. I know what size room you'll have :D[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA there has never been truer words spoken! I to agree with Julio. I am at the wall as well with TTA heads :frown:. Just dont ask for to much and have fun with the car; that should keep you from taking the heads on and off-on and off-on and off.

Rob (Bob's son)

I was just informed that it is being dropped in the hole now...after a short lunch break.

[Quote:Razor]Discussion with Jack Merkel was the exhuast runners where too short on the TTA head. Could also be downpipe design that has a sharp bend creating too much back pressure. [/Quote:Razor]

I have been thinking. How do the exhaust runners have anything to due with the TTA heads being a limiting factor? Would like to know his reasoning beind that.

Thanks
Rob Hinson (Bob's Son)

I'd rather sandpaper the butthole of an alligator in a phone booth!

referring to changing the fuel pump

I can't beleive all the people that are actually critisizing this car. The comment "too racey"???(from the TGO web site) That is crazy. This car is absolutely beautiful and exactly what I'd do if I had more money. I won't change a thing - the car looks awsome!

One pic we haven't seen yet is the interior. I've always wanted to do a roll bar with a tan leather padding and keep everything else looking stock. ;)

[Quote:Razor]Discussion with Jack Merkel was the exhuast runners where too short on the TTA head. Could also be downpipe design that has a sharp bend creating too much back pressure. [/Quote:Razor]

I have been thinking. How do the exhaust runners have anything to due with the TTA heads being a limiting factor? Would like to know his reasoning beind that.

Thanks
Rob Hinson (Bob's Son)

Its about airflow and the short runner stalls. backpressure tests on the exhuast would be a great place to start.

Mike Shields aka Jicaju runs a stage motor with TTA heads. Same problem.

If i had the chance o do it over i would have went with a set of DSL GN1's on my TTA JMO. just a lil 20 over 212/112 roller with a 70GTQBB