You can type here any text you want

S2 twin motor -- a little closer

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KendallF

Blah blah blah
Just figured I'd put up a few pictures of my motor again. I am one small step closer with the headers coated. I spent the last few days trying to weld a water crossover on the intake and ended up deciding it's just too crowded under there; we're going to run AN fittings, braided lines, and use the billet and sheet metal thermostat housing that I made and mount it near the radiator like Billy Anderson's. Anyway, it's looking a little bit more as it will in the car:

headers001
headers002
headers003
headers004
headers005

Do those turbos sy Hooker on them?I did not know they made a set of TT headers.They look great.What size turbos are you going to use,I cant decide whether or not to stay single or go twin on my S2 when I build it.

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
Do those turbos sy Hooker on them?I did not know they made a set of TT headers.They look great.What size turbos are you going to use,I cant decide whether or not to stay single or go twin on my S2 when I build it.

The headers do have a Hooker badge on them. I honestly don't know if they made them or if someone slapped the badge on for contingency money..I believe the headers were on someone's old SS/DX car years ago. I got them from Pete Bernard. The turbos are P trim 60-1s; there are pictures of them on my web site (see sig).

Lookin good Kendall...Can't wait to see that car run.

Originally posted by KendallF
The headers do have a Hooker badge on them. I honestly don't know if they made them or if someone slapped the badge on for contingency money..I believe the headers were on someone's old SS/DX car years ago. I got them from Pete Bernard. The turbos are P trim 60-1s; there are pictures of them on my web site (see sig).

Looking good Kendall. Those headers were built by Tom Dawson formerly of Hooker Headers, he was building them at home while he worked for Hooker, he would put their tag on them and they would let him coat them at work for free...... He now is full time and his company is Dawson Racing Headers. He makes twin turbo headers for SBF and SBC as well.

Bill,

Thanks for the info! I had heard of Dawson but didn't realize that he was working for Hooker.

Travis,

They were coated by a small local company called J&D Coatings. I don't know if the high gloss will hold up or not; they have done a few sets of turbo headers locally and even though the coating's not rated for our 1600 EGTs, they seem to be holding up.

This guy coats them inside and out and does 2 coats; I think he spends a little more time than the big coaters. At any rate, if I burn it off we'll go to the flat black 2000 degree stuff. :cool:

Lookin good, Kendall !...

Gonna have it ready for Bradenton
Feb.2004?

Re: Lookin good, Kendall !...

Originally posted by Boost
Gonna have it ready for Bradenton
Feb.2004?

If I say yes, will you come help me finish it? :) I hope so!

Re: Re: Lookin good, Kendall !...

Originally posted by KendallF
If I say yes, will you come help me finish it? :) I hope so!

It would be nice to see your cars maiden voyage down the track at the Bradenton event! With all of the hard work and craftsmanship you have put into it I'm sure it will be one bad mofo to say the least:) :D :cool:

G0ddamm, I wish I didn't have to move out of Orange Park in 2000.

Watch out, Blanding Blvd.

Looks really good Kendall. I really like the coating on the headers, hopefully it works well for you. One question though, what are all of those wires coming off of your cam sensor? :D

Back