You can type here any text you want

Scanmaster not working again!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Here is a way to check the TCC solenoid (or any other controlled component) without opening the hood:

You will need a good DVOM that measures Amperage (current flow). A Fluke 87 is my preferred tool for this.

• setup the DVOM to measure amps. Read the instructions on your meter if you are unsure how this is done
  • ground the black DVOM lead
  • disconnect the ECM and remove it from the harness.
  • take the red DVOM lead and touch it to the TCC circuit terminal in the harness
  • The TCC solenoid will turn on and should pull around 55-60 milliamps
  • If you see more, you have a problem.
As a suggestion, you might want to run the car first and get the trans up to operating temp. Lots of these type of failures are temperature sensitive.

You are basically acting like the ECM in this test. You apply the ground and measure the currrent flow.
This technique works on any circuit that the ECM controls by applying a ground. (Low side drivers)
The fuel pump is the only ECM controlled component that uses a High Side driver. This circuit can be tested, however, your red DVOM lead gets hooked to B+ and then the black lead is used at the harness.

Try it,,,,,I think you will like it!!

Perfect! This is what I was looking for.

Thanks...I post results soon.

Pacecarta, ground is ground. If the tcc control circuit is grounded by something other than the ecm, it won't hurt a thing. The tcc will just stay on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back