SE Turbo Front Mount Intercooler

KLHAMMETT said:
John how about more info on this peice? price, availabilty, specs?
THanks

Jim from Precision is going to call me with specifics I will post.
I bought my unit from Harry about 4 years ago and I can not remember
the price or max hp.

I spoke to Jim at Precision.

The Buick Double Stacker is good for at least 1500HP cost $1100 but does not come with the pipes. The specs are 22x18x4.5.

Call Jim the lead time is 2 to 3 weeks or I have one in the garage! :eek:

It sure could be, I am going to twins and could use another inlet.
PM me your number and let me know until what time you take calls.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but why don't you guys run some alky after the IC to cool the intake temps? Is there an issue with alky injection and that much cfm, or is it not allowed in the class you are running? Just curious.

BuickMike said:
Maybe this is a dumb question, but why don't you guys run some alky after the IC to cool the intake temps? Is there an issue with alky injection and that much cfm, or is it not allowed in the class you are running? Just curious.

Not a dumb question at all, yes it will work, but it is illegal in the heads up classes.

KLHAMMETT said:
I also know of the cars Top gun has mentioned and saw their logs first hand.My intercooler had been boxed in after i noticed the problem,That did not help.Im thinking it just cant handle the air flow that the bigger turbos produce and higher boost levels,As its shown it has run an 8 in jacks car,But there are cars that ra in the 8s with a standard precision intercooler also.Just cause the temps are hot doesnt mean it wont run fast<BUT will it runner faster if they are lower, As Jack said his temps were in the 135 or so range with his NEW LARGER intercooler, Jack, did you log temps with the old one on the car then the new one? if so were the temps any different,I would expect lower temps with the addition he has made to it.

With the inlet temps being in the 135 to 140 with the NEW STYLE I would expect that there would be an et or mph improvement over the older style. that maybe another way of checking to see how the new stands up to the old or possiably someone has data on the temps as far as old vs new. I am in need of a Intercooler for my Tsm car so im looking for some data myself

Tony get a hold of me,There is something coming down the line youll like to have.

Hi i never have read inlet temps on Roys tsm car .I can tell u we have run it for a few years and i like it the pipes always felt cool to the touch after a pass but maybe thats the intake tract being less restrictive than others .I can tell u we ran a 76 gts on a friend of mines car and it had 155 degrees of charge temps with jacks intercooler at 26 psi this was with no inlet pipe to the turbo getting all the hot air from the fan .I took a 4 inch mass airpipe from a friends car and put it on and took the inner headlight out and the temps went down to 115 this was in 65 degree weather at reynolds 2 years ago . The best times we turned with jacks intercooler in tsm trim where 9.38@146.89 at night at reynolds i have video but no timeslip and 9.35@145 at brandenton on the foot brake with alot of leakdown in the motor already ,at bowling green 04 we ran consistent 9.40s in 90 degree weather so im ready for a new one now ;) . Laz

Seturbo Reply

:cool: I have not taken any inlet/outlet temps on this unit. We have a customer currently building a TA Performance 4.1L Aluminum based race motor that will be at the fall Reynolds social and we will run temp probes at the track on this intercooler. As has been stated above, turbo/motor combination will have a noted affect when comparing anyones intercooler temps.
The intercooler Core Dimensions:
4"H x 16 3/4"H x 26"L
The tanks are 4" wide each side giving an overall length of 34".
The CAS Front Mount had a 3" core.
This intercooler comes with all the pipes, hoses, and clamps needed to install on your car today without any fabrication or modifications. The pipes are 3" mandrel bent aluminum for weight savings. This intercooler is light-weight and capable of 1700+ HP! Please specify when ordering what size throttle body will be used for proper hose installation. Clamps are stainless steel t-bolt Breeze clamps. You can order hoses in two different colors; black or blue.

So it was almost a 100* increase without your mods,That is about what wh were seeing also,Outside was about 100* intake around 190-200. Ive never tried a ram air like you said,Great that would help. Dave,Do you run a cold air setup like Laz has? I know your intake temps never reached 125 on a 100* day.

KLHAMMETT said:
. Dave,Do you run a cold air setup like Laz has? I know your intake temps never reached 125 on a 100* day.

Yes I run a cold air kit, I have logged 10 to 25 deg. increase in air charge above the ambient temp with my PTE intercooler. The 10 deg. increase is on the cooler 70 deg days and the 25 on the 90 to 100 temps.

top gun said:
Yes I run a cold air kit, I have logged 10 to 25 deg. increase in air charge above the ambient temp with my PTE intercooler. The 10 deg. increase is on the cooler 70 deg days and the 25 on the 90 to 100 temps.

Is that the standard PTE? We have one on my dad's car so I went back and looked at some of the logs and we are getting a 48º rise @ 25 PSI on a GTQ-70 during a run.

Sully

V6 Beast said:
Is that the standard PTE? We have one on my dad's car so I went back and looked at some of the logs and we are getting a 48º rise @ 25 PSI on a GTQ-70 during a run.

Sully

Dave has the double stacker!!!

V6 Beast said:

Sully

I saw 56 degree rise at BG(04) on the standard PTE running a 71GTQ on a 9.52@141.8(27psi). I had already sold my standard PTE unit before all of this testing happened, which in hindsight looks like for the $$ that is a better peice. I would have liked to do a back to back test on the two units at BPG, but unfortunatley it did not happen.

Got some testing in today, on a TSM car....... 25lbs of boost, started at 121* ended at 122*, most of the run was in the teens. Next pass 10 minutes later, at 23lbs of boost, temp at the end of the run was 116*. This was the 1st time out with a new car, we didn't push it, 18* of timiing, soft launches off the foot brake, with a 71-X trim turbo. Oh.... and it didn't run 98mph either........... :rolleyes: :cool:

JCotton said:
Got some testing in today, on a TSM car....... 25lbs of boost, started at 121* ended at 122*, most of the run was in the teens. Next pass 10 minutes later, at 23lbs of boost, temp at the end of the run was 116*. This was the 1st time out with a new car, we didn't push it, 18* of timiing, soft launches off the foot brake, with a 71-X trim turbo. Oh.... and it didn't run 98mph either........... :rolleyes: :cool:
Cool,What were the outside temps? and what track? seems like good numbers, but why so high at start?
At bpg in 98* air i was leavin the line at 105*

JCotton said:

How did the 71 X Trim treat you???

JCotton said:

Make sure you actually installed the MAT sensor and did not leave it dangling in front of the radiator. :rolleyes: :D