You can type here any text you want

Seem to loose 1/4 tank of gas.after fill up.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bpman1234

Yes so after fill up needle goes to almost full then after alittle bit of time seem to loose like 1/4 tank.any one have this before? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Classic sender calibration problem. The senders use a wirewound resistor and wiper that attaches to an arm and finally to a float on that arm. The wirewound element gets flaky with shorting between the wound coil as does the flimsy wiper that contacts the wire, and errors happen. The effective resistance of that 90 ohm element drops lower than 90 and keeps the gauge from showing full. Also, high resistance within the wires on our 30+ year old car wiring can contribute to the inaccuracy at the empty end. Anything less than 90 ohms at the dash connection (analog dash cars) and your gauge will read less than full.

Short of replacing the sender and hoping for the best, nothing else you can do.

Ok thanks .so i guess i will use measuring stick lol till i replace it cause got the unit on site with an fittings used.

Gonna try to do that see what happens.thanks

Obviously the underwear gnomes in your area are starting to branch out and really enterprise themselves.

Step 1: Collect Bpman's gasoline
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit

(someone please tell me they get the joke....)

I actually know a woman who owned a GN that brought her car to a mechanic to be fixed because it wouldn't start.

Frigging thing was out of gas.o_O

I actually know a woman who owned a GN that brought her car to a mechanic to be fixed because it wouldn't start.

Frigging thing was out of gas.o_O
I had my car towed many years ago because of this. It was out of gas. I forgot how off the gauge can be and had the car spit and sputter at a friends house a few years ago and came back to work on it the next day. It was out of gas.

Most cars read empty well before it is to give a cushion. GM did drop the ball in this matter. Cavaliers did it also. Would die with 1/8 tank showing.

Most cars read empty well before it is to give a cushion. GM did drop the ball in this matter. Cavaliers did it also. Would die with 1/8 tank showing.

My parents Buick Lasabre did the same thing.... I ran out of gas with almost 1/4 showing on the gauge... wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thanks .so i guess i will use measuring stick lol till i replace it cause got the unit on site with an fittings used.

If this is a Racetronix sending unit with AN fittings you speak of, I have a Racetronix analog (dash) resistor that was replaced with a digital (dash) resistor for my set up. New take off. $5 shipped

Disclaimer: this resistor will only work with a Racetronix sending unit as the resistor is a bolt on piece and not integral to the sender.

Back