SF Bay Area / Sacramento My car just stolen

olds443

Hey everyone please keep an eye out for my Cutlass it is painted like a 442 and is GN powered. It is Burgundy and Silver. plates are CA Ocean plates with the whale tail # "TRBO442". Has Americam Racing Salt Flat wheels.
It was stolen from the Target parking lot in Vacaville this morning between 7am and 10:30am.
Vacaville is between Sacramento and San Francisco so it could be almost anywhere now.
Call me on my cell if you see or hear anything.
707-592-2543
JASON

picture

Attachments

• Cutlass small.JPG
    Cutlass small.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,666
No luck yet. We drove around the crappier side of town and put out a ton of calls to locals and internet forums. Hopefully someone will see or hear something.
There was a small pickup that showed up and parked by my car before it was stolen. Turns out the truck was stolen from a park and ride and was only driven for a few miles. Cops say the thieves are going to park and rides stealing a car and then going to another P'nR and stealing another car.

Got your email..

Man, I am sorry. I know how much SHE loved that car. I will put my feelers out and contact my CHP buddy who owns a GN. Shoot me another email privatly with the vin and I will do what I can.
Again, Try to get some sleep as I know how much blood, sweat, tears, and MONEY!

I will do what I can and feel free to call me at 916-952-9567 if you wish.
Bruce
WE4
Performance Transmission Services

Thanks Bruce, I may as well just post the Vin here as well.
1G3AM47A8ER340918
ALSO THERE ARE MORE PICTURES UNDER THE MEMBERS PHOTO SECTION

Here are some of the parts in case anyone sees anything start to show up at swap meets, etc.

Hurst Olds front spoiler

Monte Carlo SS trunk spoiler

Flush mount headlights from an 87 that I grafted onto the early header panel.

It has 17" American Racing Salt Flat Special wheels which are unique in that the spokes and openings and outer rim have been polished while the rest is left gray. These wheels only come full polish or gray center with just the outer rim polished. ALso has knockoffs and the rear tires are 315/35/17 Nitto Drag Radials.

Lightning Rod shifters; if anyone see's someone trying to sell these let me know, they probably have access to the car. Not very many of these around especially loose from the car.

Grand National engine. I painted the engine gold when I installed it and the valve covers are a champagne with the inserts on the fins painted burgundy. Intake manifold is painted burgundy.

Stereo System; McIntosh cd player, Nakamichi amps, Diamond Audio and Focal speakers. This stuff especially the cd player aren't very common. The cd player looks like a stock radio so they probably think it's nothing special. If you see one for sale for less than $500 then it's stolen and they don't know what they have.

PTS 2004r transmission.

A Liquid intercooler (boxed up stocker) with a Dutweiler neck.
SMC Alky kit

Sorry to hear

I'm currently 150 miles north of Sac.

Tomorrow (Sun.) I'll be making a trip to Sac. to see a band play..then I'm off to Oakland to watch the A's play the M's on Mon.

I've written down your info..and I'll keep my eyes open.

Thanks for keeping an eye out. I know something will pop up, someone emailed me today about shifters so I will see about that. It's probably legit but they only made about 6500 of them 23 years ago and most would probably still be in the cars they came in.
I posted the vin on the stolen car forum of this board, the 8th vin # will be an "A" as it started out as a na v6.

ttt... for anyone who maybe at swap meets this weekend, etc.

btw, the shifters was legit, the guy had a wrecked Hurst and had everything, interior, fenders, plates, etc.

did you have any insureance?:( , sorry to hear, i had one stolen also never saw her again:( :(

Sorry to hear about your car. If I know one thing it's that around here in the Bay Area you have to keep and eye out all the time I have people follow me a couple time, I hear about people asking where does the guy with the TurboT live. It hard have a turbo buick powered car now in days

I have had the same thing happen before and I would always take another route home. It's happened in all my cars except the old 88 GMC.
Yeah and it is a little freaky when people ask where the owner of a particular car lives, like they would just come up and knock on your door, "Hi I don't know you but do you have an old "____"?" .

Missed the call from the Insurance lady today, wondering what they will say tomorrow as far as value. She left a msg that "the check is ready". I have someone doing an appraisal as well.

It was a month yesterday. Insurance of course is lowballing first "offer". I guess it's standard practice to see if you bite.. Right after I said I would just wait for my appraisal to come in the lady said "We thought that it would be unacceptable and have ordered an appraisal as well. I also asked if there was any clause in my contract as far as max value, etc as she started doing the whole "it's just a plain Cutlass deal". She answered no and changed the subject.
Then she was clicking away on the keyboard and making small talk. She tried to be sneaky and asked if I ever raced the car, "Infineon is nearby isn't it?":mad: She also asked if my other vehichles were modified.
Anyways, insurance will drag out I am sure.
I sure do wish I had my car still, I miss her:frown:

did you see if Target have video cameras in the parking lot..hope it shows up soon...time for a kill switch on mine...

New phone # 707-416-9085
Jason

Update: Nothing found as of yet. Also my Insurance has made an offer of $12k against an appraisal of $21k. I think I may ask for more maybe go thru the whole arbitration process. What do you guys think? What would you do?
My appraiser thinks we can get more out of them. I think I may go for it.

New phone # 707-416-9085
Jason

Update: Nothing found as of yet. Also my Insurance has made an offer of $12k against an appraisal of $21k. I think I may ask for more maybe go thru the whole arbitration process. What do you guys think? What would you do?
My appraiser thinks we can get more out of them. I think I may go for it.

Fight them to the end...rat bastards! The insurance companies are just as bad as the thieves. :mad: