You can type here any text you want

Shop books and tranny oil

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

prokeep15

First...is the GN shop manual for the engine and tranny the same for the TTA? My biggest concern is torque specs and bolt lengths... Basically I'd like a good guide to putting my motor back together and tranny back in the car. Also what kind of tranny fluid should I use with the new tranny...I read on Gnttype that type F is recommended, any thoughts or suggests?

Wouldnt have a clue about the manual but just use Dexron III/Mercon tranny fluid.

Jason

Quiky One said:
Wouldnt have a clue about the manual but just use Dexron III/Mercon tranny fluid.

Jason

that's what was suggested to me by Vince Janis from Janis Transmissions (very repuetable 200r4 builder). He told me that I believe it was Shell and Napa Dexron III are some of the better products amazingly.

Look in the FAQ list at the top of the TTA forum....

You will find a source for the shop manual, and, at the the bottom of the 'General Information" section, you'll find three extensive articles (with part numbers) full of information about rebuilding your GN engine. :)

is this the correct bolt pattern?
Intake Side

| 6 1 3 7 |

<Front of engine | Cylinder Head

| 8 4 2 5 |

---------------------
Exhaust Side

space space space

With a 40,60,80,85 ft/lbs tightening method

prokeep15 said:
is this the correct bolt pattern?
Intake Side

| 6 1 3 7 |

<Front of engine | Cylinder Head

| 8 4 2 5 |

---------------------
Exhaust Side

space space space

With a 40,60,80,85 ft/lbs tightening method
What are you talking about? :eek:

Jason

The order to torque to bolts down in....and the ft/lbs sequence to follow 40 60 80 85

Back