Should I buy it??

Two had sunroofs is the general consensus. 035 is one of them. Both were sold by a dealership named "Zuber". 035 had a Zuber key chain. The other car is a known car but not sure of the number. GNX registry would know.

The gnx registry guy is on vacation, he politely said he'd let me know when he gets back.

So back to the original question:

How bad would it have to be to be worth less then 25k? In other words, let's assume its real and you all tell me what would have to have happened to it for this to be a bad buy.

That is a steal if it is arunning car. salvage title is no problem if you are going to keep car. I looked at one in shaumburg ill about ten years ago for 15,000 but the car was wrecked the front right side frame rail was bent across front of car. core support was smashed up against engine and engine was pushed into firewall and the whole right side of car had damage . this car had a sunroof in it. someone had stole the turbo and the dash plaque. It did have a tag under the hood that had gnx stamped into it . I thought the guy was nuts for asking 15,000 and now I would buy it in a second.He had a clear title because he did not have insurance when he wrecked it. what a fool

Two had sunroofs is the general consensus. 035 is one of them. Both were sold by a dealership named "Zuber". 035 had a Zuber key chain. The other car is a known car but not sure of the number. GNX registry would know.

i have quite a bit of info on the gnx's and my data shows that the dealer was Zubor and they sold 5 GNX's------033-034-035-163-482--------i know for sure that 033 had a sunroof cause i've seen it-------perhaps Zubor had some kind of special connection that allowed them to have the "sunroof" models---------they obviously were well connected to be allotted 5 GNX's-------and to have been the source for Heinz to have arranged for his personal car ......................RC

More trivia...

We have thusfar confirmed a small number of "roofed" GNX's-- including both moonroof (glass panel, a.k.a. Astroroof) and sunroof (steel painted panel) that the Registry is referring to as "ASC Factory Conversions" because of the paperwork on each. This distinguishes them from "aftermarket" since they have the pedigree of the ASC name and were done at or close to manufacture date despite not having CF5 on the T/S.

Of these, Zubor Motors in Lincoln Park, MI sold two of them (033 and 035, both moonroof).

I have provided Walooo all the data he sought based on the VIN he gave me, but haven't heard a word since-- sure hope he's doing that deal!

Doug

We have thusfar confirmed a small number of "roofed" GNX's-- including both moonroof (glass panel, a.k.a. Astroroof) and sunroof (steel painted panel) that the Registry is referring to as "ASC Factory Conversions" because of the paperwork on each. This distinguishes them from "aftermarket" since they have the pedigree of the ASC name and were done at or close to manufacture date despite not having CF5 on the T/S.

Of these, Zubor Motors in Lincoln Park, MI sold two of them (033 and 035, both moonroof).

I have provided Walooo all the data he sought based on the VIN he gave me, but haven't heard a word since-- sure hope he's doing that deal!

Doug

I'm trying to get the funds together.. I have a couple weeks. The hard part for me is that im not sure how liquid the car is as I will be trying to buy a house in about 3 years. From the replys here it seems that I would be able to sell to you guys on the board if I need the cash.

As an aside, how would I go about finding the authenticity of the moonroof?

I'm trying to get the funds together.. I have a couple weeks. The hard part for me is that im not sure how liquid the car is as I will be trying to buy a house in about 3 years. From the replys here it seems that I would be able to sell to you guys on the board if I need the cash.

As an aside, how would I go about finding the authenticity of the moonroof?

who cares about authenticity of the moonroof-------for the price you are paying i'd buy the car if the hole in the roof was caused by a falling moonrock..............RC

--------they obviously were well connected to be allotted 5 GNX's-------and to have been the source for Heinz to have arranged for his personal car ......................RC

In 1987 Mr. Prechter was part owner of Zubor Buick. That could explain the connection.:)

In 1987 Mr. Prechter was part owner of Zubor Buick. That could explain the connection.:)
i'd say that was being connected--------i saw a copy of the invoice for what he paid for his gnx----------would make you sick..............RC

Thanks everybody for your responses!

I've decided to buy the car provided that I can get the finances in order. If I can't, then I will definitly be referring the owner to these boards.

So, how should I insure it?

he never did say what number huh? I noticed that. Maybe he's the one trying to sell the car, and is beating around the bush.....:confused: hey bro, i'll give you the 2k its worth, its a peice of junk:D

It sounds like bs to me.Anyone that has a gnx knows what it worth. 25k ? it has to be pretty rough or just a ton of miles.If it is not bs I would buy it right now.lots of miles does not scare me none. As long as it is real and everything is there you can restore it. we will have to see where this post goes. may be its that joe cipolla guy again:eek: just kidding

It sounds like bs to me.Anyone that has a gnx knows what it worth. 25k ? it has to be pretty rough or just a ton of miles.If it is not bs I would buy it right now.lots of miles does not scare me none. As long as it is real and everything is there you can restore it. we will have to see where this post goes. may be its that joe cipolla guy again:eek: just kidding

Joe Cipolla was a real number,maybe he's the one selling this car??:rolleyes: