You can type here any text you want

Should I switch to the fast xfi stand alone?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

evil666

I have the gen 2 translator with a turbo tweak chip, and was wondering if it is worth it to jump the fence and go to an XFI fast system. I don't know if I really want these extra head aches and if this would be the right move for a street car. I am not a computer genius or a pro tuner and don't have any experience with stand alone systems and I am worried I will have a hard time to get the car set right for full throttle or even idle on different temperatures. I would like your opions on this system with your experiences. Did most of you guys gain in performance compared to a regular chip or barely.

Thanks ahead of time for your advice.

Everyone I talked to had performance gains. I am in the process of installing FAST XFI. Once I get everything installed Cal at Hartline Performance will walk me through start up and tune. Zero worries and I'm not computer smart.

Everyone I talked to had performance gains. I am in the process of installing FAST XFI. Once I get everything installed Cal at Hartline Performance will walk me through start up and tune. Zero worries and I'm not computer smart.
I agree get the tune from Cal and there will be gains!!

I have the gen 2 translator with a turbo tweak chip, and was wondering if it is worth it to jump the fence and go to an XFI fast system. I don't know if I really want these extra head aches and if this would be the right move for a street car. I am not a computer genius or a pro tuner and don't have any experience with stand alone systems and I am worried I will have a hard time to get the car set right for full throttle or even idle on different temperatures. I would like your opions on this system with your experiences. Did most of you guys gain in performance compared to a regular chip or barely.

Thanks ahead of time for your advice.

I'm not going to tell you how much you will gain. That depends on how far off your current tune is. Eric does a great job with his chips. I will tell you not to be concerned about tuning/install. The system can be installed in an afternoon. We include complete directions on the install. The hardest part will be welding a bung on the downpipe for the WBO2. It looks like you already have that part completed. The next hardest part is moving the factory ATS (Air Temperature Sensor) after the intercooler. I prefer to put them in the intake post TB (throttle body). After that you will need to run the WBO2 wires and MAP vacuum line (unless you use the factory location) into the car and plug into the adaptor harness.
As far as tuning is concerned, it can't get much easier. When you purchase the system, we email you a build sheet. I take that information and build a custom tune for you and load it into the xfi before you receive it. Once the system is installed, I get on the phone with you during initial start-up. We set up a couple of additional parameters and I explain to you how everything works. With the custom tune installed and the WBO2 always correcting, the Adaptive Learning pretty much takes care of the rest. The car should run very close to its maximum potential right out of the box.

I'm not going to tell you how much you will gain. That depends on how far off your current tune is. Eric does a great job with his chips. I will tell you not to be concerned about tuning/install. The system can be installed in an afternoon. We include complete directions on the install. The hardest part will be welding a bung on the downpipe for the WBO2. It looks like you already have that part completed. The next hardest part is moving the factory ATS (Air Temperature Sensor) after the intercooler. I prefer to put them in the intake post TB (throttle body). After that you will need to run the WBO2 wires and MAP vacuum line (unless you use the factory location) into the car and plug into the adaptor harness.
As far as tuning is concerned, it can't get much easier. When you purchase the system, we email you a build sheet. I take that information and build a custom tune for you and load it into the xfi before you receive it. Once the system is installed, I get on the phone with you during initial start-up. We set up a couple of additional parameters and I explain to you how everything works. With the custom tune installed and the WBO2 always correcting, the Adaptive Learning pretty much takes care of the rest. The car should run very close to its maximum potential right out of the box.

Hi Cal, thanks for the reply. I have many more questions about this system, but I don`t want to call you and waste your time yet cause if I do plan on switching over to the fast, it will be during the winter. Once the time comes you will be the one I will call, I have read only good stuff about you when it comes to the Fast XFI. I saw on your website that the FAST XFI goes for 1900$, is this complete, or will there be extra things that I will need.

Thanks.

I saw on your website that the FAST XFI goes for 1900$, is this complete, or will there be extra things that I will need.

Thanks.

That is for a COMPLETE kit that includes everything you need. We include the XFI, WBO2, communication cable, software cd, Casper adaptor harness, WBO2 harness, 3 bar MAP sensor, and WBO2 bung. Our two most popular install options are:
Internal Data Logger ($150)- This is primarily for cars running at the drag strip. It allows you to record a pass internally in the XFI, then you can plug your laptop in and down load it.
Long Lead Adaptor Harness ($35)- This allows you to mount the XFI under the passenger seat. The advantage is it is much easier to install with the XFI out of the way, the disadvantage is you can't see the LED lights on the box which can be useful in troubleshooting a problem.

That is for a COMPLETE kit that includes everything you need. We include the XFI, WBO2, communication cable, software cd, Casper adaptor harness, WBO2 harness, 3 bar MAP sensor, and WBO2 bung. Our two most popular install options are:
Internal Data Logger ($150)- This is primarily for cars running at the drag strip. It allows you to record a pass internally in the XFI, then you can plug your laptop in and down load it.
Long Lead Adaptor Harness ($35)- This allows you to mount the XFI under the passenger seat. The advantage is it is much easier to install with the XFI out of the way, the disadvantage is you can't see the LED lights on the box which can be useful in troubleshooting a problem.

Thanks Cal

I will be getting back to you during the winter months.

At what HP levels or ETs is it good to switch?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

There really isn't a good answer for that. It all depends on the customer. I would say 90% of my customers are in the 10's or faster.

I just got a 10.9 and don't think I will be hanging around in that neighborhood much longer, no cage or safety equipment.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hi Cal, I have a question for you. I live in Montreal(Canada) and during the time that I have my car out the weather may vary from 35 f to 90 f. With the XFI will the car adjust it`s own tune with the different air temperatures for both idle and full throttle or would I have to go make the changes into the Fast?

Thanks,
Marco

Hi Cal, I have a question for you. I live in Montreal(Canada) and during the time that I have my car out the weather may vary from 35 f to 90 f. With the XFI will the car adjust it`s own tune with the different air temperatures for both idle and full throttle or would I have to go make the changes into the Fast?

Thanks,
Marco

It will adjust automatically. The fueling will be covered by the WBO2 and adaptive learning, The timing covered by a table I preprogram in the tune. You really don't HAVE to adjust the tune once you get the initial setup correct unless you make a big change like larger injectors, alky injection, stroker crank, etc..

You will still have to do your own calibration for cold start fuel and cranking fuel until the temperature is warm enough to use closed loop. All these parameters were done for you by GM in the chip, but here your on your own, not a big deal after you start it a few times at different temperatures, and see what changes it needs.

That is not correct. You are not on your own. Those tables are part of the start up program I install in the box when you receive it. Adjusting them is part of the initial start up tuning we do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I am in the 10% bracket that Cal spoke about. My car is a high 11 sec car and this XFI is awesome! You'll never go back to anything else. I'm glad I spent the bucks and got it done and you will too!

How well does it calibrate and adjust going from 18 boost to say 23 boost? Do you need to make a few pulls so it can build a new table or will it correct real time, if this makes any sense?

I also run alky.

This system has me curious.

It will correct real time. The computer is speed density and use a map sensor as part of the fuel calculations. Because of this, it can distinguish between different boost levels and run the appropriate timing and A/ F. If you already have a 3 bar MAP sensor from your alky kit you can use it in conjunction with the xfi and save a little money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

This sounds a lot like the Thundermax Tuner I run on my Harley.

What advantage does this system have over a TT chip and scanmaster as far as preventing pre-detonation on high boost? That is what I constantly worry about.

Is there any install videos or tutorials I can get to?

Thanks Brett

Marco! This topic is a no brainer. I am trying to tell Nick to get one too. But I think he will too...
"Just Do It"

Back