You can type here any text you want

Smoke at idle...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I really like the way the car runs with the TE62... Spooled quick enough and I was able to keep the boost down around 18# on the street and still run strong with alky...

If I switch turbo's, I'd like the new one to offer similar performance (mid-high 10's), and allow me to run lower boost on the street.... The car sees the streets a lot more than the track...

So:

1) Who does turbo rebuilds?
2) What would be a more modern alternative to my current turbo?
3) Would too high of a stall be a bad thing with these newer BB turbos?

Once again, thanks everyone..... And SteveV.... I've still got your hose.........

---Ron

I really like the way the car runs with the TE62... Spooled quick enough and I was able to keep the boost down around 18# on the street and still run strong with alky...

If I switch turbo's, I'd like the new one to offer similar performance (mid-high 10's), and allow me to run lower boost on the street.... The car sees the streets a lot more than the track...

So:

1) Who does turbo rebuilds?
2) What would be a more modern alternative to my current turbo?
3) Would too high of a stall be a bad thing with these newer BB turbos?

Once again, thanks everyone..... And SteveV.... I've still got your hose.........

---Ron

Got any track times?

1) PTE

-OR-

John @ Limit Engineering, Inc.
Performance Turbochargers
928-453-7321
928-453-0789 (FAX)
Garrett Performance

2) check this out Turbocharger Specifications

3) assuming this is an issue...you'll kill the tires.

6.9 with a 1.49 60' at 24# with MT Radials on the 1/8th. Never got it to a 1/4 track...

depending on the rebuild price, it's looking like I'll stick with the 62. I know I like the way it runs with it, so why mess with a good thing...

----Ron

Looks like I'll be sending the Turbo into PTE as soon as I get my allowance.. :D

In the mean time, will it hurt to drive the car while it's leaking?

When you have it rebuilt, might want to look into a .82 exhaust housing...get more out of that turbo.

Back