You can type here any text you want

so who's lookin for quarter patch panels?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
I'm sure I'm gonna get the flamethrower for this, but I'm just trying to help the buick community. I might have a guy talked into doing quarter panel patches and entire skins. I haven't got the details yet be he's been doing them for years for race cars building entire quarter skins. He does monte carlo skins also. His handywork has been installed on my car and I think it looks great. THe drain hole is even correct.

Would anyone be interested in this? I can't guarantee these are going to be a like new GM fit, but it's better than what else is out there (NOTHING!) and should be competively priced.

We would be interested in carrying them. I also have a lot of NOS sheet metal that I would love to have some one build.

We would be interested in carrying them. I also have a lot of NOS sheet metal that I would love to have some one build.

I'll see if he would be interested in doing NOS replicas. I don't think it would take much more effort than what he is putting into them now. I was going to ask him about door skins also. Haven't got that far on this yet though. I will be stopping by there the middle of the week. I will talk to him about building the NOS sheetmetal. I'm also going to look at his other work for the monte carlos also. He might just pay dues and sell outright on the board when hes gets things going. I guess it just depends what is easiest for him.

That would be awesome. Door skins are a must !! Keep us posted. Thanks.

That would be awesome. Door skins are a must !! Keep us posted. Thanks.

I'm definitely going to try to talk him into doing door skins also. I don't know what the quality and fitment is going to be like on these since they are hand formed, but something is better than nothing. He had a pair of fender skins sitting by the front office I thought they were real fenders:eek:

Door skins

+1 on the Door skins.

In for sale ads, I have seen NOS door skins with an asking price of $500 each.

Talked to mike today and he said he probably wont be able to make a full quarter. He has trouble doing the area where the wheel opening is. He said he CAN do patches from bottom body line down, wherever is needed. SO we still don't have full quarters at this point, but at least we will have lower patches. He was pressed for time today and I had to discuss Rusty with him for a bit. The car is starting to look a lot better just with the rust holes patched up.

When will they be ready? I am sending car out to get painted .I hate to hack up a quarter panel for a patch panel

I'm going there in a bit to pull my back seat and trim so he can fix the door striker area. Last time someone made stuff and sold it on the board they got cut off and where told to pay vendor dues. We are going to talk more about it. He's definitely interested in doing it though.

great thanks for the info.

You can also get new rocker panels & fenders from us 2 hours away from you.

usetaboost if he doesn't want to get in to being a paying vendor or dealing with the public have him contact us. We would like to carry anything we can to help out in Patch panels.

usetaboost if he doesn't want to get in to being a paying vendor or dealing with the public have him contact us. We would like to carry anything we can to help out in Patch panels.

Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking. I'm sure he would work out some type of discount on a multiple purchase. I'm going to check out his panels sometime. Every time I go there he is always out of the race car panels for the regals. I haven't had a chance to talk to him to see if he wants to pay vendor fees or sell them to you. I would like to get a couple lower patches from him and get them to someone that has to do lower patches and see how they work out before I tell you to buy from him. I could just imagine the crap I would get on here if they didn't fit good enough:rolleyes:

hey that is good to know, i am happy with my floor pan i bought from you.

Ultralite Performance 605-232-4358 For Lower Patches

Brian, I told him you may be contacting him. I posted this publicly so maybe a few body guys will try these patches before you invest in this. He said he has been thinking about investing in building ACTUAL Gbody quarters. This is a "mom and pop" business so please be patient with him. He usually has a lot of work going on, especially when circle track season hits. He's "a super nice guy to deal with and will talk your ear off if he gets the chance. See "My Progress Thread" a few pics of his work.

Back