You can type here any text you want

Sometimes you just gotta start over....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Now we are getting some where. Headers and cold side done.

Attachments

• gbjj 021.jpg
    gbjj 021.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 1,174
  • gbjj 023.jpg
    gbjj 023.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,169
  • gbjj 024.jpg
    gbjj 024.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 1,519
  • gbjj 029.jpg
    gbjj 029.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,283
  • gbjj 030.jpg
    gbjj 030.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,313
I really love what I am seeing here.
Do you guys have this set up for GM Hightech Performance yet?

Are those twin 91mm?
I guess you are testing the limits of a Buick Stage block
Im wondering how long its gonna hold up.
Is the T/A supposed to be stonger?

The more i see it the more i want it or one like it? lookin good guys!!

We could build you one if you really wanted. We wouldnt have any problem duplicating this buildup. If you're really serious, drop me a PM and we'll talk.

If you let us work with a reasonable time frame, we could turn you something out every bit as nice as this.

Are those twin 91mm?
I guess you are testing the limits of a Buick Stage block
Im wondering how long its gonna hold up.
Is the T/A supposed to be stonger?

They're Borg Warner 75s.

HOLY **** JAY AND SHANE:eek: :biggrin: :eek: LOOKS ABSOLUTLY AWESOME:biggrin:

HOLY **** JAY AND SHANE:eek: :biggrin: :eek: LOOKS ABSOLUTLY AWESOME:biggrin:

Well dude.. the whole BWR crew has been busting ass on this car. Like I said earlier, Im mainly keeping the parts coming and trying to stay out of the way. Randy and our fab guy Wayne have been doing the bulk of the work. Eric and I just get in there when we can. We're about at the "all hands on deck" stage where everyone will be swarming the car to get it ready. Going to be some long days coming up but we're pretty confident it will be ready by Friday.

The headers and inlet plumbing were pretty much our last major hurdle. The downpipes will be done by lunch tomorrow.

So yea, we should be good for this weekend to at least drive it down the track. We got another surprise too that we're going to be showing off there as well.

Jay and Shane, I fully expect video when you guys dyno this bad boy!!!

How about you get it built, make it run?? I will keep lookin for a car or roller to start from. Depending how fast your car goes? I will make a decision then Buick V-6 or SB/BB Chevy or Mustang turn key 8sec. car. Keep up the awesome lookin work. Can I have you build me a car like that turn key for $40,000??? Just curious:)

Can I have you build me a car like that turn key for $40,000??? Just curious:)

No.. add a 1 in front of that and maybe. The engine alone from Dutweiler is over 50 grand last time I talked to him... thats with turbos, engine management, etc.

Stuff adds up quick... we have about 16k in the engine management system and fuel system alone and that doesnt include the fuel lines, etc.

Here's some links to the engine management system we're running if anyone is interested. Far as I know, we're the first guys with a V6 to try it.. which makes me a little nervous but I like living on the edge.

Mick's Performance Racing Converters Machine Work Missouri

You are building one of the baddest Buicks I will ever see. I hope it all works out for you guys. I will stick with my Redneck racing approach. I have already lost to much in the stock market. There is no way I will spend that much on a race car that might burn that kind of money up quick!! I will keep watching the build.

You are building one of the baddest Buicks I will ever see. I hope it all works out for you guys. I will stick with my Redneck racing approach. I have already lost to much in the stock market. There is no way I will spend that much on a race car that might burn that kind of money up quick!! I will keep watching the build.

Well, even the cheapest roller is going to cost you about 60 grand at most chassis shops. There is nothing second best about this car.. everything is pretty much top of the line. Not to mention all the carbon fiber, etc. but, we knew going in that we were going to have to be light to run the kind of times we wanted to run so we bought the parts accordingly. We should be significantly lighter than everyone else so that should help.

If you find a nice roller, have a competent chassis guy check it out. Usually youre buying someone else's problem. Ive been floored by some of the crap people have brought into our shop that someone actually got paid to build. Looks like a 3 year old did the welding.

Wow this car is so sick, and it's moving fast, great job.

I have one BW474 for my Ponti, you guys have TWO BW475's, damn!!:eek: :eek: The 474 has made over 1k to the wheels, this will be interesting at 24psi. ;)

I just noticed the coil on plug, did you guys do that or did you work with Bob Bailey?

And I'll assume you'll launch it off a 2 step??

Wow this car is so sick, and it's moving fast, great job.

I have one BW474 for my Ponti, you guys have TWO BW475's, damn!!:eek: :eek: The 474 has made over 1k to the wheels, this will be interesting at 24psi. ;)

I just noticed the coil on plug, did you guys do that or did you work with Bob Bailey?

And I'll assume you'll launch it off a 2 step??

Man, talking about a sigh of relief this morning:biggrin:

THANKS BWR, you guys are simply the :cool:

Far as the coil on plug, that comes with the engine management system... It already has everything included to drop the v8 in. That is the best thing about this system IMO. Very versatile...

Jay is right, never been tried on a buick. This is going to get interesting!

O, who needs headers btw:biggrin: All about the innovation!!!

Gallina's have coil on plug on their car with the Motec.

Big Kudos to the BWR guys,The car looks incredible

Gallina's have coil on plug on their car with the Motec.

Big Kudos to the BWR guys,The car looks incredible

I was referring to the engine management system, not the coil on plug. I guess that is the future...

Back