Southern Boosted Showdown November 9th-10th Reynolds GA

Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
This event is open to ALL makes and models that have forced induction. If it has a Turbo or Blower then bring it!! Details about race classes will be coming soon so mark your calendars....
sbs.jpg

"Go boosted, or go home"

You guys should make this in Dec, Jan or Feb when us northern guys are itching to race but all our tracks are closed

You guys should make this in Dec, Jan or Feb when us northern guys are itching to race but all our tracks are closed

That would be because Dec, Jan, and Feb would be lots of winter weather to prevent guys from the north from traveling.

That would be because Dec, Jan, and Feb would be lots of winter weather to prevent guys from the north from traveling.
It's not like that at all. in cincy, we havent seen a drop of snow and dec is almost over. hell it was 60 yesterday
Didnt stop me from traveling to Bradenton, FL. I miss that event.
Not in the last five plus years though. money is just not there for me and a few others to drop a load at bg then do it 3 weeks later.

Not in the last five plus years though. money is just not there for me and a few others to drop a load at bg then do it 3 weeks later.

Bradenton was in Feb or March. Three months after Reynolds and 3 months before BG.

We never can make EVERYBODY happy. We went with the dates the majority of the people who have come and supported the event wanted. This year we tried it early in the year and we heard complaints about the weather being too bad for the northern racers to get down here, so we moved it to a little later in the spring and still only a handful of northern racers attended. I have come to the conclusion there will always be reasons a person can't make a race. If they really want to attend, they will find a way.

I understand the dates are close to the Nat's. We picked one of the latest dates in the year that Reynold's is still open. The track doesn't reopen until February. If we pick a track farther south (like Bradenton) that's open earlier in the year, it's another 6 extra hours for EVERYONE except the Florida racers who already are willing to drive to GA.

The money excuse is pretty sad. If money isn't an issue after the Hollidays, but is tight immediately after BG, set it aside this spring, and you will have it in the Fall.

Sounds interesting!
Yeah we think so too. I don't believe anyone has ever tried an all forced induction event, I know people do all buick, all ford and all GM stuff but never all boosted. If you think about it that covers TONS of differnt makes and models like buicks, mustangs, supras, Mitsubishi eclipses and evos, Mopar SRT's, subaru WRX, GT-R's, turbo LSx stuff, Turbo Hayabusas, etc.... We will also run Open Test-N-Tune both days. We should see some very fast stuff there. We may in fact try a 275 radial class that alot of guys around Alabama and South Georgia already run and most all are boosted in some way assuming we can locate a sponsor.

Cal,
Glad to see that there will be an Open Test -N- Tune both days. I have a choice have fun with my GN or my Pontiac Tempest. My son's both have LS1 Ram Air Trans Ams for testing. My son Rob might even get his '89 Turbo TA running. We have always supported the Reynolds event since the original 1st year, always been fun. Please make it clear in the promotion for the event that it will be Open Test -N- Tune both days for all makes without forced air, too. We will have 3 or more cars there.

Cal,
Glad to see that there will be an Open Test -N- Tune both days. I have a choice have fun with my GN or my Pontiac Tempest. My son's both have LS1 Ram Air Trans Ams for testing. My son Rob might even get his '89 Turbo TA running. We have always supported the Reynolds event since the original 1st year, always been fun. Please make it clear in the promotion for the event that it will be Open Test -N- Tune both days for all makes without forced air, too. We will have 3 or more cars there.

You are correct, racing portion will be boosted, Test-N-Tune is open to anything regardless of induction

You are correct, racing portion will be boosted, Test-N-Tune is open to anything regardless of induction

That is cool then, we would be able to tune our big block cars and watch some good forced induction racing !

BTW, just a suggestion... Not a complaint... Have you ever thought of having the event in Adel. It is not too much further south, just off I75, plenty of accomidations and the track is VERY nice. They promote their track very well and I would think they would go for something like this with excitement. Reynolds is a nice old track and has always been a lot of fun, but there are many that do not like to pit in the dirt and would possibly attend when they would not in Reynolds. You may have already looked into it, but will not work as well as Reynolds. Just a thought.

I hope to see many people out there,
Mike

We never can make EVERYBODY happy. We went with the dates the majority of the people who have come and supported the event wanted. This year we tried it early in the year and we heard complaints about the weather being too bad for the northern racers to get down here, so we moved it to a little later in the spring and still only a handful of northern racers attended. I have come to the conclusion there will always be reasons a person can't make a race. If they really want to attend, they will find a way.

I understand the dates are close to the Nat's. We picked one of the latest dates in the year that Reynold's is still open. The track doesn't reopen until February. If we pick a track farther south (like Bradenton) that's open earlier in the year, it's another 6 extra hours for EVERYONE except the Florida racers who already are willing to drive to GA.

The money excuse is pretty sad. If money isn't an issue after the Holiday, but is tight immediately after BG, set it aside this spring, and you will have it in the Fall.

Cal oops I mean Holly you are completly correct, y'all do the very best you can. y'all have tried to cater to the North & VERY FEW showed up.