You can type here any text you want

Spark blow out problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
You can have 14 v on 24 gauge wire but it won't allow much current. Hot wiring uses larger wire to pass more current . It's good you have 14 v , now upsize the wire .

I would seriously swap a different set of plug wires on your setup and verify those aren't Bad. Additionally better if you can test them with a caspers tester.

I've never understood where testing resistance off the car not under load tells anything,

I agree also on the wires, yesterday I ordered a tr6. So new wires and coil ( ac delco) I don't want any issues in the future. So hoping for a good update next week.

You won't be disappointed in TR6 I love mine using LS coils, the 2step works great, diagnostic mode has saved me time diagnosing problems, setting the cam sensor perfectly I thought I had it right double checked with the TR6 I guess my mark on the balancer was out there is a large window they will run with you can tweak it to advance or retard to injector timing. After ALKY this is my second favorite mod and I don't have to worry about the old glitchy module.

You won't be disappointed in TR6 I love mine using LS coils, the 2step works great, diagnostic mode has saved me time diagnosing problems, setting the cam sensor perfectly I thought I had it right double checked with the TR6 I guess my mark on the balancer was out there is a large window they will run with you can tweak it to advance or retard to injector timing. After ALKY this is my second favorite mod and I don't have to worry about the old glitchy module.

Awsome , I'm going with the truck coil maybe down the line I'll try the coil over plug. Hope it solves my issue!

I run mine at .035 with no issue 25 psi have run them as loose as .040 trying to cure a stumble when enabling lean cruise.

I agree also on the wires, yesterday I ordered a tr6. So new wires and coil ( ac delco) I don't want any issues in the future. So hoping for a good update next week.
Did you order the wires with the TR6 ? Because the coil ends are different than the stock buick.

I'm hoping for the same results but hoping to push the engine to 28 psi or so. Just changed plugs to the autolight racing plugs so there set tight .

Did you order the wires with the TR6 ? Because the coil ends are different than the stock buick.

Yes sir I did. But I was wondering how close the stock wires from truck or car with the coil would be to the Buick.

The v6 truck wires fit well with the TR6 and the 3.8.

Kirbans has a set of wires for the TR6 CHEAP !! I use them on my car and they work very well. Went 6.67@ 107 mph in the eighth in Bowling Green last year at only 24.9 psi

Bryan

I just say it sucks if you spendt $6-700 "IF" it was just a wire issue.

Kirbans has a set of wires for the TR6 CHEAP !! I use them on my car and they work very well. Went 6.67@ 107 mph in the eighth in Bowling Green last year at only 24.9 psi

Bryan

Wish I knew yesterday lol but thanks

For some odd reason my car wont start or run right if my gap is under .40...with both Ac Delco Cr43ts's and NGK's.

Guys you can save a few bucks by ordering the coil pack and wires with GM part numbers.

Coil pack is AC Delco D599A
Plug wires are AC Delco 746SS

note: non-resistor plugs cause issues with electronic stuff. stock ecm, tr6, probably the aftermarket stuff also.

Bob

Guys you can save a few bucks by ordering the coil pack and wires with GM part numbers.

Coil pack is AC Delco D599A
Plug wires are AC Delco 746SS

Ordered the pack that way but not the wires . Thought they might need a custom length so ordered with tr6. Wonder what size the wires are 7 or 8mm?

Back