Spark Plug Confusion

jburnsinnj

I installed a set of AC Delco R44TS plugs for my 87 GN. The 87' GN owners manual stated that is the correct plug and shows a gap setting of .045

A day later I read on the forum the "Spring Cleaning recipe" and see that it recommends a different plug, R43TS or a R42TS depending on the engine build and says to gap at .035

What am I to believe ? My car is basicly stock but for an adjustable FP regulator, Walbro, and hotwire. Running OEM chip etc. 34K miles.

Thanks for any suggestions.

the 44ts is alittle hot In my opinion.however if its stock you will be ok. For you car i would run the 43's if you want to stay with ac delco. I use to Run AC CR42TS prior to trying out a set of NGK UR5's. ever since then i have been runing the NGK.

as far as gap, i gap everything stock to modded to a tight .032

IA day later I read on the forum the "Spring Cleaning recipe" and see that it recommends a different plug, R43TS or a R42TS depending on the engine build and says to gap at .035

What am I to believe ? My car is basicly stock but for an adjustable FP regulator, Walbro, and hotwire. Running OEM chip etc. 34K miles.

Thanks for any suggestions.

For your stock-ish setup, like mine, the R43TS at a tight .035 is the ticket.... better yet, run the CR43TS (same price, like $1)... 'C' is for 'commercial' and it has a much more beefy electrode/ceramic..... age old advice on gnttype.org... I've been running that plug forever, and just recently changed 'em after ~20k miles.... and they really didn't need changed.... looked fine... in fact, I wouldn't have even changed them, but I broke #6 off getting it out.... :mad: :wink:

Do yourself a favor and get a TurboTweak chip. There will be a very noticeable difference in performance and overall driveability.