You can type here any text you want

Stage 11 head gasket question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

limitedv6

Stage 11 in the work's
Ok I was wanting to know if anyone has ran iron 8 bolt head's or champion aluminum head's with 11 bolt's and if so how did the head gasket hold up. I have found an offcenter 4.1 that I can get together and I have a set of champion cnc iron head's and intake and was thinking of running them for a little while thanks in advance for the info.

Come on guy's no one has ran stock style iron heads or champion heads with shaft rocker's on a stage 2 block.

Problem is what do you mean be using 11 bolts?

Iron heads only have provision for 8 bolts per head. :)

Ok I was wanting to know if anyone has ran iron 8 bolt head's or champion aluminum head's with 11 bolt's and if so how did the head gasket hold up. I have found an offcenter 4.1 that I can get together and I have a set of champion cnc iron head's and intake and was thinking of running them for a little while thanks in advance for the info.

I think I know what he's looking for...
Back in the mid to late 90's I ran 8 bolt Stg1 iron heads on my #16 stg to block, these had much thicker decks than the 8445 heads...the EGR and heat riser ports were also eliminated on these heads (O! if they only had 14 bolt holes)
Of course I plugged the unused holes in the block. This was before we had the Cometics (and I don't like the idea of a 14 bolt gasket being used with 8 bolt heads..nevertheless) I had the heads O ringed for the Fel-Pro 1007 gasket, some people can't get out of the driveway without them leaking..there's a trick to installing them...if you go that route PM me) I only lost one gasket with these and I did a lot of track time, this was with the stock computer and MAF running 9.9's at 135.(FWIW the fire ring went between #1 and#3 cylinders) After I installed the Classic Fast I went as fast as 9.70 at 138 without a head gasket failure for a season.
Later on move to 14 bolt AL heads and the nightmares begun. Guys that went this run back then with the new 14 bolt heads know what am talking about. That's another story in it's self.
Am going back under my rock now.
Later
9sec.
9.3's at 145.Retired the TR from the track in 2002. It's one hot street car today.

Ok i have a set of champion cnc iron heads and i know that with the gn1 8 bolt head's have the lower 3 bolt's which wold make 11 bolt's. I have gn1's close bye my question is with a 4.0 bore will a 14 bolt head gasket hold under high boost say 20 to 30 with a 76 turbo and only 8 or 11 head bolt's. I know the first question is y not use all bolt holes i already have the iron head's and rockers or i can end up with the gn1 heads thanks for your input.

As to using the GN-1 heads with 11 bolts, I would not do that on any build. :frown:

Each cylinder would have only 5 bolts to seal it, and I think the uneven pattern could cause a situation that would affect sealing?

I am aware of the RJC head clamps that are designed to help head gasket blowout on the bottom side, but have little experience with them.

Ask Jason at RJC what his experience has been with clamping one side only. :)

Ok i had concern with that also i plan on going with the ta heads but might get it up and running on the stock style head's. I just was wanting to know if anyone has had any luck pushing any amount of boost this way since the holes have took less deck surface thank's.

Back