You can type here any text you want

stage 2 4.1 off center

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1bad84tr

please help the machine shop where i picked my crank up at has a stage 2 4.1 off center virgin block with 4 bolt caps i think its dry sump only he wants it out off htere for 2,000 can i sell this thing real quick and for what kind off money,,, he also has a used crank from another motor,,, that needs to be repaired or something,, if someones interested and wants to toss me a finders fee that ill work too if not next week its going to be my coffe table (sorry honey) call me at work our post (847) 358 3101 ask for scott

STAGE 2 BLOCK

WERE ARE YOU AT I WILL BUY THE BLOCK AND CRANK GIVE ME A CALL AT 512-848-5918 MY NAME IS JAY!!

THANK YOU!

i call john monday and post the block # and get the numbers from the sonic check our Ill just call ya

Hey Scott,

Are you talking about Motion Dynamics?

If it is, the block is an on-center "153" block, not an off-center.

Hope that helps!

Thanks
Rick Elam

yea it is motion dynamics and i thoght he told me it was a off center block... i,ll call him mon and find out???

Originally posted by 1bad84tr
your right 153 oncenter block whats the difference????????

153 is on center

Here this will help you.

The production blocks and early stage blocks are off-center. This means the rod journal isn't centered on the bore and the rod has an offset of about .110". You can see this looking at a stock rod.

When HP levels started going up and rods started breaking, the block casting was revised to move the bores and eliminate the offset. This allows the use of a stronger non-offset rod. The intakes were revised with slightly shifted ports and bolt holes since the heads are moved fore and aft. As production went along, the on-center casting received further improvements such as cross-bolted mains, BBC rear main seal, etc.

The off-centers are weaker but are still good for at least 800-1000 HP. The on-centers have made at least 1550 HP.

Lots of people like off-centers because you can use stock intakes with production style heads like the GN1s or the new TA heads. The on-center block requires a new intake such as the old BGC intake or a sheet metal intake. The off-center blocks and rods are getting scarce now but the new TA block will be available both ways.

SecondHand Six Racing

Kendall,

One small addition, The change to the rear main seal (BBC) happened on the Offcenter block. All On Center blocks including the very early ones were BBC rear seal.

Dave

Back