You can type here any text you want

stage 2 cam head cam question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

9secWH1

Can a billet cam be reground to new specs? if so who would provide such a service? heard new ones were hard to come by.
reason i ask is my cam is way to big for my combo.

Thanks Steve

it can be cut down to a smaller size. any cam company that cuts cams should be able to regrind it.

9secWH1 said:
Can a billet cam be reground to new specs? if so who would provide such a service? heard new ones were hard to come by.
reason i ask is my cam is way to big for my combo.

Thanks Steve

What is big?
AG

It depends on what you start out with and what you want to end up with. If you have a really big N/A cam on a tight LSA (106-108 degrees) and you want to end up with a turbo cam on a wide LSA (112-114 degrees) it won't work. Cores are available from Comp and aren't that expensive. I ordered a cam a few months back and it was less than $350.

Neal

Thanks for the speedy responses! I'll end up calling Comp for a new one, looks like a regrind will cost close to the same.
Thanks again
Steve

Not really,
I got a billet cam that had slight damage on one lobe for $25, Crower reground it for $160

Not really,
I got a billet cam that had slight damage on one lobe for $25, Crower reground it for $160

$25? You got robbed! ;)

9sec, let me know if I can help out at all. Crower is two exits down the highway from me, and they are really great to work with.

Back