You can type here any text you want

stage 2 hp

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TTChevelle

I have a twin turbo making 1281rwhp at 36 lbs of boost,the question is how long will it last wieghting at 3550 lbs and if you think it will last whats the most power these motors can handle? I still have more power left but not sure is I can use it without hurting the motor :confused:

I haven`t got to run the car yet hoping to go in the 8.30-8.20 range will see next year :cool:
Thanks Dave

TTChevelle said:
I have a twin turbo making 1281rwhp at 36 lbs of boost,the question is how long will it last wieghting at 3550 lbs and if you think it will last whats the most power these motors can handle? I still have more power left but not sure is I can use it without hurting the motor :confused:

I haven`t got to run the car yet hoping to go in the 8.30-8.20 range will see next year :cool:
Thanks Dave

Yeah, your car is bad-ass. Ever thought about trying to take some of the weight off or are you running a specific class that prohibits it? I'm sure you've shared before what engine combo you have, but do you mind telling again what turbos/intercooler/ etc?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:its for real.................that mofo is bad ass.

it has john craig 72 turbos,tony dequick ait to air intercooler,282ci stage 2 heads 9-1 ,6.5 rods ,3.625 billet crank,fast syswith a turbo 400 trans all this is in a 68 chevelle street car with a true 10.5 full int.
It had a coil pack with the dis it made alittle over 1100 rwhp and then we put a crank trigger and a dis with a 7al2 retuned the car then it made 1281rwhp but we took more timming out like 4 degrees so there is more power but how much can theses motors take I already blowed up 2 motors :mad: lost 1 whit the rist pin broke and the other 1 whin the dry sump sully cam lose :mad:

TTChevelle said:
it has john craig 72 turbos,tony dequick ait to air intercooler,282ci stage 2 heads 9-1 ,6.5 rods ,3.625 billet crank,fast syswith a turbo 400 trans all this is in a 68 chevelle street car with a true 10.5 full int.
It had a coil pack with the dis it made alittle over 1100 rwhp and then we put a crank trigger and a dis with a 7al2 retuned the car then it made 1281rwhp but we took more timming out like 4 degrees so there is more power but how much can theses motors take I already blowed up 2 motors :mad: lost 1 whit the rist pin broke and the other 1 whin the dry sump sully cam lose :mad:

This is big time and sorry to hear about the last two engines that gave way. By chance do you have any pictures? I never seen a stage in a Chevelle :cool:

TTChevelle said:

I personally think that you are close to what a stage motor can handle and stay together for more than 5 or 6 runs. I think you could get 100 more hp and have it live, but that's just my opinion. 1281 rwhp is nothing to shake a stick at. :)

Sick, who is tuning the car?
You are making about 1511HP now,
I have seen mid 1600s on a real dyno.
I am not sure how long I would like to run one at that level. :confused:

PS: you should be able to run around 167MPH with your current hp and weight!

Less than 50 at that HP to CI ratio. Need to keep a check on those bearing shells, especially if you expect occasional detonation.

the car was tuned a pande performace the last time .john you still running the coil pack? we put in a dis,and crank trigger and made over a 100 hp at the tires :D
I can get some pics of the motor in the car if you like?

as far as cuttiing weight out thats not going to happen the car still has the back and full int. I still drive it on the street looking for a victum :cool: lol

TTChevelle said:
the car was tuned a pande performace the last time .john you still running the coil pack? we put in a dis,and crank trigger and made over a 100 hp at the tires :D

as far as cuttiing weight out thats not going to happen the car still has the back and full int. I still drive it on the street looking for a victum :cool: lol

Pande huh? That guy has a nasty turbo mustang if it's the same guy. The tuning you are getting is second to none then, no wonder you are making so much power. Cool.... :cool: :)

TTChevelle said:

My junk does not run. :( The dyno numbers I have seen have been on others when visiting Duttweiler's Shop.

I would love to see pictures of your car.

TT; Is this motor still for sale? Rumor has it that your in the process of building a 600++ cid twin turboed PT -88 big block!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

mec108 said:
TT; Is this motor still for sale? Rumor has it that your in the process of building a 600++ cid twin turboed PT -88 big block!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

He would be much better off with a small block.
He does not need the weight or torque of the BB.
This is of course if he is keeping the same type chassis.

it was for sale but I want give it away! money talks :cool:

as far as a tt big block I was gonna but I didn't sell my other motor so its on hold for now
now I'm looking at buying another car to put my nos motor in it money will tell lol :D

TTChevelle said:
it was for sale but I want give it away! money talks :cool:

as far as a tt big block I was gonna but I didn't sell my other motor so its on hold for now
now I'm looking at buying another car to put my nos motor in it money will tell lol :D

Please build an import or a ford turbo motor anything but N20!!! ;)

John I'm looking at a mustang to put my 565ci bbc in it yes with nos lol

money only goes so far but I will build another turbo motor and it will be a bbc with twins :eek:

Go to the multimedia section or email me a I will post.

Back