Stepping up to slicks this year. Need advise

Not very streetable as you will be swapping those just like slicks, Get regular drag radials

Drive in, air down, race. Just need the regular drag radials.

You don't need a John Force burnout with them either.

So did you already have radials, or bias ply et streets? In my experience, the radials work better than the bias ply et streets.

So did you already have radials, or bias ply et streets? In my experience, the radials work better than the bias ply et streets.

Car currently has these
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395018522.090168.jpg

Those are the ones. Tire pressure and a good burnout. When using the transbrake, it hits the tire hard, and the radials bounce. That is what is causing the car to spin after coming out. How much air are you running in the air bag?

Thats what you need right there.. In the water just get the car up in drive then let off the brake and spin forward as far as u can. No massive burnout needed, How clean the track groove is is the most important thing...

Just to add another thought. I had mine consistent 1.6s but with the Mt et street radial they worked good but once you get the boost up on the trans brake the launch becomes violent. Went to a 26x8.5x15 and went low 1.5 to high 1.4 and the launch was not a harsh. I will not use my trans break anymore without slicks. Jon

Those are the ones. Tire pressure and a good burnout. When using the transbrake, it hits the tire hard, and the radials bounce. That is what is causing the car to spin after coming out. How much air are you running in the air bag?

About 15-17 in the bag. 16psi in tires if I remember right

I remember the 275's liking 18psi. With a stock rear sway bar, I have run 20 to 25 psi in the air bag. How much boost will your brakes hold? What brake mods do you have?

You need S10 wheel cylinders, 2sets of the cheapest brake shoes from the parts store, install the long shoes. You might need to install the brass proportioning valve. Without major suspension work the transbrake is going to kill the radials. Slicks might hook better, but might not give the 60'. The sidewall will eat up power.