You can type here any text you want

Street driven 6spd Supra runs 8.6 @170mph.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq_9BcEdibc[/YOUTUBE]

Very impressive runs especially considering he did it at OSW aka Orlando Spin World:eek: :cool:

how do we know its street driven?

I know more than a few people have seen him cruising it to meets in Orlando/Tampa area after making some passes. When the car was running 9.0's I believe he actually drove it to and from the track.

I know more than a few people have seen him cruising it to meets in Orlando/Tampa area after making some passes. When the car was running 9.0's I believe he actually drove it to and from the track.

There is a Chicago guy with a fast white supra. I have seen him drive it to the track, street spots and so on. They are serious cars just like our TR's. You can find vids under Marko Supra on youtube.

There is a Chicago guy with a fast white supra. I have seen him drive it to the track, street spots and so on. They are serious cars just like our TR's. You can find vids under Marko Supra on youtube.

Yep I know about Marko's car. I know he made some $$$ out there with that car on the street, but now with how well known the car is he would be hard pressed to get a race. Probably why he was selling it not too long ago??

Very true! Thats kinda why I have a little fear of Supras.....shhh dont tell anyone.:biggrin:
He has beat a few people I know back when his car was in the tens. Most of them were still in the low 12's but had no respect for the white supra and paid for it! I spoke with him a few times I saw him around and he is a really cool guy.

Yep I know about Marko's car. I know he made some $$$ out there with that car on the street, but now with how well known the car is he would be hard pressed to get a race. Probably why he was selling it not too long ago??

Awesome vid brick, he's almost there ! :eek: I think Marko sold his car on e-bay.

Yikes!!!! Wow. Thanks for sharing that vid. That Supra is sick!:cool:

Awesome vid brick, he's almost there ! :eek: I think Marko sold his car on e-bay.

Yep Ryan Woon's 6spd record was an 8.62 so it doesn't get much closer and I believe Woon ran that time with a 3.4L stroker motor and Darin is still on the stock cube 3.0 motor. It probably helps that Darin works for/with Titan Motorsports based in Orlando because they pretty much have built the fastest 2JZ powered vehicles in the country.:wink:

I remember that guy.

I remember seeing a video years ago of him driving with a girl in the car on the street and he does a pass and the girl was going crazy. I remember thinking at the time that it looked like he was trying way too hard to get in her pants, he kept asking her something like "did u like that," or "was that cool" or something like that. I got a good laugh at that one, I wish I could find it. He either hung out in the same area as I did or he went to the same high school (Gordon Tech) as I did. I didnt hang out with him probably cuz I was into nitrous big blocks back then but I dont remember hearing he was a stroke. I know he helps a lot of people with their builds. We need to get him into the Buick community cuz the way he threw money at that Supra, he would have a really bad ass TR.

By the sound of the engine...the trans seems to be slipping ???? :confused: For those et's...shouldn't the mph be closer to 170 even though it's auto ?? :confused:

Yep sounds like it was slipping and I believe he had run 168 MPH on a similar pass after that.

Back