You can type here any text you want

suspension identification help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jking

I have a 37 chevy i am restoring and a previous owner welded on a front suspension that i am now having trouble identifying. The spindles do have casting numbers 459755 and 459756. Note that the upper control arm shaft has a slight bend and the ball joint is bolted in (looks as if they may have been riveted in and previous owner bolted new ones into same holes)..the lowers have riveted in ball joints and it looks as if the bushing holes may be different sizes but one is not oval. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Attachments

• DSCN1204.JPG
    DSCN1204.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN1205.JPG
    DSCN1205.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCN1207.JPG
    DSCN1207.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCN1208.JPG
    DSCN1208.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 78
From what I have found, they are late 70's GM A/G body spindles. Malibu/Regal stuff. If you use the search function in the 'Brakes, suspension, wheels, tires' forum, it will bring up two other threads with good info from Eric Fisher, a GM parts guru. Also, try google. Some of the Chevelle sites have info on them..Hope this helps..

If the control arms bolts are on top and not on the side then it's a ford design, not GM. It looks like one off an 80,s crown vic.

Back