T66 turbo from cxracing.com

Id shy away from the china stuff when is comes to a turbo... you might get farther with a Chinese intercooler but Not a turbo, it might seem cheap up front but its a crap shoot with longevity , their are garretts, precisions and t-netics that are proven for 10's of thousands of miles, and 550hp for a t66 is not so efficient imo.

I have a chinese turbo on my diesel that I paid 350.00 for 3 years and 110,000 miles ago. I heard all the BS about how they are junk [and some are] but decided to try it because for the price of admission and not knowing for sure if it would be to big for my application I figured it would be a cheap experiment to run it for a month and see how it would perform.

Well that was many miles ago and it's still working like the day I put it on there. It's great from a stock tune all the way up to my hot tune and I have logged boost and back pressure with it and it turned out to be a pretty optimal turbo for my needs and that's why it's still on there.

BTW, precision has had their fair share of premature failures and they aren't cheap as well as other mfgs. in the states. Would I put one on my car? NO!! I personally don't think they are worth the money and they don't last as long as they should for what you pay for them.

Would I put a chinese turbo on my car?? Only if it had the exact specs I was looking for and came with a 1 year warranty so I wouldn't be out any money. Some only come with a 30 or 90 day warranty and I wouldn't buy one of those at any price.

One last thing I will point out. Most of these so called USA turbos are either built in China or overseas somewhere or certain parts of them are. As much as I hate buying Chinese anything, I will if the quality is good and the price is right.

I have a chinese turbo on my diesel that I paid 350.00 for 3 years and 110,000 miles ago. I heard all the BS about how they are junk [and some are] but decided to try it because for the price of admission and not knowing for sure if it would be to big for my application I figured it would be a cheap experiment to run it for a month and see how it would perform.

Well that was many miles ago and it's still working like the day I put it on there. It's great from a stock tune all the way up to my hot tune and I have logged boost and back pressure with it and it turned out to be a pretty optimal turbo for my needs and that's why it's still on there.

BTW, precision has had their fair share of premature failures and they aren't cheap as well as other mfgs. in the states. Would I put one on my car? NO!! I personally don't think they are worth the money and they don't last as long as they should for what you pay for them.

Would I put a chinese turbo on my car?? Only if it had the exact specs I was looking for and came with a 1 year warranty so I wouldn't be out any money. Some only come with a 30 or 90 day warranty and I wouldn't buy one of those at any price.

One last thing I will point out. Most of these so called USA turbos are either built in China or overseas somewhere or certain parts of them are. As much as I hate buying Chinese anything, I will if the quality is good and the price is right.
I wouldn't put a cast wheel anything in my car that spins at 200,000rpms that was made in China against my $15k motor to save a few bucks But that's just me :D....but I agree all mfgs have some rate of failures.. and I also agree Precision is a tad Fat on their prices but I still run one.