TA girdle group buy. OFFICIALLY CLOSED 35 ordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any recommendations on oil to use? How many quarts will it need total with the increased capacity?

What's the best fill level? To the original plug? Or to the new fill hole in the cover. Installed one today and put in 3 qts of valvoline limited slip fluid plus an extra 4oz bottle of limited slip additive. It's over the stock level but not to the fill hole.

Do not fill to the new fill hole.
Fill to the stock level is what I've read.

D

Since this thread has gone silent, it appears everyone has received their TA girdles.

I hope everyone is happy with their purchase.

If anyone has any concerns please feel free to post them here, PM me or contact me personally.

I’d like to thank everyone that jumped on board and helped make this happen.

The vendor did a great job in sipping these out in the day or two after he received them.

They would have gone out sooner but there was some opposition. Feel free to PM me if you purchased one of these.

I’d like to give a special thanks to Vince, a.k.a. VtheGNMan on here.
He offered to have my TA girdle powder coated and clear coated for me free as a thank you for setting this up.
BTW. I was initially looking for a deal on a TA girdle, not to be the person setting it up. Karma got me I guess.
Here are the pics he sent me. It shines nice. I should have my cover in a day or two.
That’s a good man right there. “If you ever need anything that I can Help with Vin, just ask."

D

102_0540.jpg
102_0541.jpg

looks great thanks again brother for all the hard work. I had mine installed already just gotta post a few pics. coming soon

Evil, thanks again for a great job on getting this done. Got mine a few weeks ago but been so busy with work (and that guitar:D) that in went in the parts pile. After seeing pics of yours powdercoated, I believe it needs one more stop before it's installed.:cool:

Since this thread has gone silent, it appears everyone has received their TA girdles.

I hope everyone is happy with their purchase.

If anyone has any concerns please feel free to post them here, PM me or contact me personally.

I’d like to thank everyone that jumped on board and helped make this happen.

The vendor did a great job in sipping these out in the day or two after he received them.

They would have gone out sooner but there was some opposition. Feel free to PM me if you purchased one of these.

I’d like to give a special thanks to Vince, a.k.a. VtheGNMan on here.
He offered to have my TA girdle powder coated and clear coated for me free as a thank you for setting this up.
BTW. I was initially looking for a deal on a TA girdle, not to be the person setting it up. Karma got me I guess.
Here are the pics he sent me. It shines nice. I should have my cover in a day or two.
That’s a good man right there. “If you ever need anything that I can Help with Vin, just ask."

D

That looks beautiful!! I wish I could do that with mine.

View attachment 252452 View attachment 252453

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow!
Look what I got in the mail today.

Vince, VtheGNman, had his brother powder coat and clear my cover. With non yellowing clear.

This thing looks awesome.

Thanks Vince.

20150421_093019.jpg
20150421_093049.jpg
20150421_093028.jpg

Damn!!! That looks good. I may have to do that to mine. I've been inspired

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It is just a Gloss Clear Powder Coat on top of the raw aluminum. A Matte Clear would keep more of a natural raw aluminum look but the gloss is more durable and almost adds another dimension to it. Glad you like!

One person purchased a TA girdle for an 8.8 Ford rear end. Here is a pic of it installed with An GN tribute.

D

imagejpeg_0-1.jpg

Thanks for the pic mike.

I'm closing the thread D. That way it doesn't pop up with someone trying to get in on the "group buy" that's over. I'd suggest starting a new thread with pics of the installed covers showing how they look.

Status
Not open for further replies.