Taking a Stock Engine with Stock Turbo to the limit....

I am axious to see what kind of 60ft I can get. Figure 1.5s should be a given but not sure beyond that. Its lighter, yes, but the gears may neutralize that down low. The tuning capabilities and tbrake should enable me to put down as much as possible and the suspension can handle it.

The best I've read was Brewer's 1.50 off a tbrake. The best I've gotten with a stock turbo is 1.58 off the footbrake on a restalled D5 and on another car a 1.59 off a tbrake with a TH400.

The gear will only help you.. FWIW TTA's run 3.27's .. they can 60 1.5x no problem

Just load it up

You have ET left for sure. Surprised only a 1.61 60ft leaving that hard. You should be in the 1.5s.

On a cooler day I'm sure you'll pick up a tenth or two. Seems like you are already in the ballpark to get close to 11.6s and easy 11.7s. You need to be in the low 7.3s at around 92mph to hit 11.5s in my experience if you are hanging around the 1.60 60ft mark.

That finishing rpm is nice. Nice benefit of locking the converter.

I wonder how much you'll pick up if you ditch the stock intercooler.

Only thing I figure about 60' is, the taller tire is hurting that. I ran a 1.58 on the 7.39 pass I ran, about a year ago, with 255/60/15 DR's.

About to upgrade the intercoooler, that's a major holdback.
Would like to think with cooler air getting to the engine, the car has a least an 11.30-.40 in it?. On a 45-50 degree day.
Weight is my biggest hold back, the cars and mine!.

even without the temperature drop, less restriction in the intercooler will let the turbo work less for the same boost level.

Bob

Only thing I figure about 60' is, the taller tire is hurting that. I ran a 1.58 on the 7.39 pass I ran, about a year ago, with 255/60/15 DR's.

About to upgrade the intercoooler, that's a major holdback.
Would like to think with cooler air getting to the engine, the car has a least an 11.30-.40 in it?. On a 45-50 degree day.
Weight is my biggest hold back, the cars and mine!.

I still think you would 60ft better leaving with as much boost as you do and the power you are making. Logs would help show whats going on.

I'm interested to see how much you can gain losing the stock IC. Will you be running this spring?

I still think you would 60ft better leaving with as much boost as you do and the power you are making. Logs would help show whats going on.

I'm interested to see how much you can gain losing the stock IC. Will you be running this spring?

23 on the foot brake, still won't be as good as 15 or so on a trans brake.
I have all these passes data logged. I'm anxious to see how much better the new Intercooler does. Gonna upgrade the timing chain, before I go back out. At 30 years old and all the passes down the track, I figure it's a good piece of mind and a must to replace it.

Timing chain, install intercooler, upgrade radiator, then I'll be ready for some more testing and tuning.

Planning on testing 1/4 mile by the end of April. Won't be long after that, that it will start to heat up pretty good, here in Texas.

Planning on testing 1/4 mile by the end of April. Won't be long after that, that it will start to heat up pretty good, here in Texas.

Even then starting to get too warm... our track opens a week from Sunday, weather permitting. Hopefully it will be ready by then to start getting some runs...

Even then starting to get too warm... our track opens a week from Sunday, weather permitting. Hopefully it will be ready by then to start getting some runs...

I need a good 40-50 degree day or night, to feel like I've gone as far as possible with the stock turbo. We have a track in Baytown, Deep South Texas, stays open year round, weather permitting. That's where I'm gonna head to.
Ideal would be if I can go before end of March.

Yup, low temps help when trying to get the best numbers.

Should be starting the swap soon. I don't say it enough, but thanks to Paul (pacecarta) for all his help to make it happen. He is the one who put the motor together, donated a lot of parts and is doing all the work. Our friend Kevin also provided a lot of stock parts.

Here is the car with the low 9/145mph engine in it last night and the stock engine sitting on the stand next to it ready to go in.

IMG_7092.jpg

IMG_7093.jpg

As of yesterday evening, all that was left to be done was plenum/tb, hook up grounds, install starter, and IC pipes I believe. I have a lot of extra sensors to unhook and rewires or would have been easier....

-Alky pressure
-Fuel pressure
-Indiv Cylinder EGTs
-Backpressure
-Turbine pressure
-Pre IC EGT
-Post IC EGT

Having the AC and brake stuff out of the way helps though lol. These extra sensors are definitely things you don't typically see on a stock setup and will hopefully help me max out the setup. And the data will be interesting to see.

I was at the track racing with Paul once and his stock rocker shaft broke. He replaced it in a few minutes and never missed a round, you would have at to see it to believe it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at the track racing with Paul once and his stock rocker shaft broke. He replaced it in a few minutes and never missed a round, you would have at to see it to believe it!

He went through about 5 cam sensors one night also. A minor inconvenience