TE66 specs/Efficiency

Amelio

just out of curiosity I wanted to know some specs on this Turbo such as it's power potential flow capability and power out put. I have heard from more than one person that these turbos like to be spun up and really start to work in 26-30psi range.

This is purely curiosity as I have been running this turbo for a while am I am very happy with it. It spools very fast since my car is mostly on the street and track every now and then. I was mostly wanting to know if Turbos have a spot at which there make power more efficient at a certain psi or just the more boost the more power?

I have not had the wick turned up on my car for any kinds of tuning, it has seen 26psi spikes when trouble shooting a boost issue but right now it is set at a rock solid 18psi. I have had a little time on the track but my first time out with this engine combo it ran a 12.0 @115 at 18psi

If I can run lower times with less boost that is what I am shooting for.......my goal is 11.50 on 20 psi or less which I think I am already there with a good launch.

So where is there a chart? One I had looked at did not list a TE66?

Who manufactured your turbo?

If you indeed have a 66mm turbo, it does make a huge difference in power once you tune it for past 25psi.

I have a te45a on one of my cars, it has the 66mm compressor wheel and flows 1050 CFM, i dont have a link to a chart, seems that everyone rates them in horsepower now????

Pretty much if you can start tuning the car on 92 octane and 18-20 psi, just make sure you have enough intercooler to keep the charge pressure temperatures down low.

I dont see methanol in your sig, and i have no idea what kind of timing your running, but the key ingredient on these cars is keep detonation out of the equation...

Mid 11s on a good day should be easy with that setup, even on stock tires :)
BW

I ran 114+mph in the eighth with a 66 S trim .85 3 bolt at 3600+lbs @26psi.

That is getting it done!
I was back pressure limited to 26psi or i would have went higher. Ill get some external pressure on it and see what its worth this spring. Im thinking 115mph eights and 143+quarter

I ran 114+mph in the eighth with a 66 S trim .85 3 bolt at 3600+lbs @26psi.

How long ago was this?

Thats impressive, almost 20 mph over what everyone else does with similar turbo..

114 in the 1/8th,,.. id be happy with that :)

BW

How long ago was this?

Thats impressive, almost 20 mph over what everyone else does with similar turbo..

114 in the 1/8th,,.. id be happy with that :)

BW

Most guys are going at least 102-103mph eighth with the 66 S tirm. It was last fall. I f'd up and hit the injector cut off on the prior pass and the alky stayed on. I hurt it then. The next pass i got it to 1200 ft before i melted the head. I did not make any full passes but looking for 9.65-9.7@142mph with the 66 before i throw on the 70. I went 10.56@137 aborting at 1200 ft. 1.96 60'. Normally i would pick up 28+mph out the back. Its still got a small hydraulic cam in it and i was over geared with the MT DR's and 3.42 gears. Its got more in it.

I was back pressure limited to 26psi or i would have went higher. Ill get some external pressure on it and see what its worth this spring. Im thinking 115mph eights and 143+quarter

That would be sick. There is a car down here with the 6776 turbo on an iron headed stock bottom end 109 that has been 6.30's @110mph. I think they are shooting for some 6teens in the 1/8 at around 112mph or so.

I ran 102 in the 8th with mine as well, but that was with the stock heads at 24psi with a 1.6x lazy 60ft, so there is a lot of potential left.

Who manufactured your turbo?

If you indeed have a 66mm turbo, it does make a huge difference in power once you tune it for past 25psi.

I have a te45a on one of my cars, it has the 66mm compressor wheel and flows 1050 CFM, i dont have a link to a chart, seems that everyone rates them in horsepower now????

Pretty much if you can start tuning the car on 92 octane and 18-20 psi, just make sure you have enough intercooler to keep the charge pressure temperatures down low.

I dont see methanol in your sig, and i have no idea what kind of timing your running, but the key ingredient on these cars is keep detonation out of the equation...

Mid 11s on a good day should be easy with that setup, even on stock tires :)
BW

It is a Precision Turbo with a .63 exhaust housing, I do have an alky setup but I am not currently using it because I need to get a controller. I just installed a TT chip and I think the base timing is at 19 but I need to contact Eric to confirm it is one of his street chips. I only have a 1 1/2 stock location intercooler, I thought about a front mount but since I mostly drive the car on the street it has been doing just fine. As I mentioned my goals are 11.50 or faster on 20psi or less this is just because I dont want to squeeze the car real hard at the moment....I am trying to finish my other car and don't want to break this one before I do. After seeing what it did I think I just need to get the car out of the whole a little better and I am there since the mph is there I just need the launch.

Most guys are going at least 102-103mph eighth with the 66 S tirm. It was last fall. I f'd up and hit the injector cut off on the prior pass and the alky stayed on. I hurt it then. The next pass i got it to 1200 ft before i melted the head. I did not make any full passes but looking for 9.65-9.7@142mph with the 66 before i throw on the 70. I went 10.56@137 aborting at 1200 ft. 1.96 60'. Normally i would pick up 28+mph out the back. Its still got a small hydraulic cam in it and i was over geared with the MT DR's and 3.42 gears. Its got more in it.

Thats impressive for a small 66 turbo, still a 3 bolt?
Must be some really good heads on the car????
Whats making it so fast, tell us your secrets LOL

BW :)

Thats impressive for a small 66 turbo, still a 3 bolt?
Must be some really good heads on the car????
Whats making it so fast, tell us your secrets LOL

BW :)
No real secrets. Its basically a small ci TSM engine with a small turbo. Still a 3 bolt. Still 200 4-R.

RPE 3.82x3.4 109 with all assembly by me
9.3:1
XFI
GN1 race port with matching intake 70mm TB
Jesel style T&D 1.65
218/224 hyd cam with 3300 series lobes
PTC 9.5"
TH headers
t-netics 66 S trim .85 3 bolt
G body fmic
Razor alky
200-4R by me billet throughout
8.5" with girdle and axles
cage by JW Racing

The only info i wont post is the cam lobe #'s and the installed location. Everything else could easily be ordered by anyone with the $ and should be easily duplicated. I have no doubt this engine would make the power to run in the top 5 in TSM with more compressor. I was limited to 26psi. The car is at least 3600 lbs with driver.

That would be sick. There is a car down here with the 6776 turbo on an iron headed stock bottom end 109 that has been 6.30's @110mph. I think they are shooting for some 6teens in the 1/8 at around 112mph or so.

That is sick. Hopefully they will get it to a strip where they can ride out the 1/4. That is the fastest ive heard for an iron headed 6776 application.

That is sick. Hopefully they will get it to a strip where they can ride out the 1/4. That is the fastest ive heard for an iron headed 6776 application.

I think they plan on taking it to PBIR soon which is a 1/4 mile track. Laz is working on this car and tuning on the XFI so I'm sure if there is more power to be found he will find it.:cool:

How much do you lose from an S trim to a P trim?

Could someone tell me the difference between a S trim and P trim, and how many trims are there?

Thanks,
Marco.

This is my new set-up: T-Top 86 Grand Nationals 109 block with weisco forged pistons and 2 billet center main caps, M&A aluminum heads, roller rockers, port match lower intake ,te63 a.r .82, erson 214/214 cam, smc alky injection (95 % etanol), 25.5lbs boost, 94 octane, hooker cat back with dyno max ultra flow muffers, kenne bell headers, 60 lbs injectors, extender alky chip with 23/21 timing, with a gen 2 with a LS1 maf,thdp, mease 24 row IC, PTC 3200 stall 9 1/2 convertor, Ron Custom max boost brake module, MT drag radials (275/60/15) , rjc power plate, rjc boost controller, zeitronix wideband, HR motor mounts, Weld Drag Lites with skinnies up front, electric exhaust, hr rear sway bar, no front sway bar, 90/10 lakewood in the front and 50/50 lakewood shocks in the rear with energy suspension poly bushings all over, boxed rear lower control arms, Big mouth cold air with an AFE air filt

T-Top 86 Grand National 62000 km)
stock long block, stock suspension, 12 inch red stripe convertor (2800stall), te44, smc alk injection (95 % etanol), 25.5lbs boost,( boost spike 28 psi in 1st gear), 94 octane, hooker cat back with dyno max ultra flow muffers, 42 ½ lbs 009 injectors, turbotweak alky chip with 23/21 timing, thdp, mease 24 row IC, Ron Custom max boost brake module, MT drag radials (275/50/15) 3720lbs race weight with driver. (Torque convertor locked only after car shifted in third), rjc power plate, rjc boost controller, zeitronix wideband, HR motor mounts, comp cam 980 valve springs. Weld Drag Lites with skinnies up front, electric exhaust cut-out.
BEST E/T
60FT=1.53
1/8= 7.25
1/4= 11.48
MPH=120.82
BEST 60FT=1.52

I have a gen 2 with an extender chip and LS1 maf, hr rear sway bar, no front sway bar, 90/10 lakewood in the front and 50/50 lakewood shocks in the rear with energy suspension poly bushings all over, boxed rear lower control arms. MT 275/60/15 drag radials. Big mouth cold air with an AFE air filter. The times above were done with out these parts.

Could someone tell me the difference between a S trim and P trim, and how many trims are there?

Thanks,
Marco.

This is my new set-up: T-Top 86 Grand Nationals 109 block with weisco forged pistons and 2 billet center main caps, M&A aluminum heads, roller rockers, port match lower intake ,te63 a.r .82, erson 214/214 cam, smc alky injection (95 % etanol), 25.5lbs boost, 94 octane, hooker cat back with dyno max ultra flow muffers, kenne bell headers, 60 lbs injectors, extender alky chip with 23/21 timing, with a gen 2 with a LS1 maf,thdp, mease 24 row IC, PTC 3200 stall 9 1/2 convertor, Ron Custom max boost brake module, MT drag radials (275/60/15) , rjc power plate, rjc boost controller, zeitronix wideband, HR motor mounts, Weld Drag Lites with skinnies up front, electric exhaust, hr rear sway bar, no front sway bar, 90/10 lakewood in the front and 50/50 lakewood shocks in the rear with energy suspension poly bushings all over, boxed rear lower control arms, Big mouth cold air with an AFE air filt

T-Top 86 Grand National 62000 km)
stock long block, stock suspension, 12 inch red stripe convertor (2800stall), te44, smc alk injection (95 % etanol), 25.5lbs boost,( boost spike 28 psi in 1st gear), 94 octane, hooker cat back with dyno max ultra flow muffers, 42 ½ lbs 009 injectors, turbotweak alky chip with 23/21 timing, thdp, mease 24 row IC, Ron Custom max boost brake module, MT drag radials (275/50/15) 3720lbs race weight with driver. (Torque convertor locked only after car shifted in third), rjc power plate, rjc boost controller, zeitronix wideband, HR motor mounts, comp cam 980 valve springs. Weld Drag Lites with skinnies up front, electric exhaust cut-out.
BEST E/T
60FT=1.53
1/8= 7.25
1/4= 11.48
MPH=120.82
BEST 60FT=1.52

I have a gen 2 with an extender chip and LS1 maf, hr rear sway bar, no front sway bar, 90/10 lakewood in the front and 50/50 lakewood shocks in the rear with energy suspension poly bushings all over, boxed rear lower control arms. MT 275/60/15 drag radials. Big mouth cold air with an AFE air filter. The times above were done with out these parts.

S is he same as GTQ
P is 76 trim
65 trim is the replacement for the P trim