You can type here any text you want

tell me about pistons...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Do you want the pistons in the hole, at zero deck or out? Without that info you cant aquire a compression height. The only short deck 3.8 is the 109 casting all others were taller production or stage blocks. Theres nothing cheap about building a 4.1

Bison,
Trying to learn some more here . . . . .
If the desired static CR is 9:1, than the compression height to maintain this is set by the combination of piston dish volume, bore/stroke dimensions, gasket thickness, and the chamber volume.
As metioned, there are too many variables to asnwer the question.

Would you be willing to share the compression pressure and basic cam specs on your 10:1 application?
Just working on the model in review of the correlation between the variables.:cool:

Now you guys have peaked my intrest so I'm gonna watch and see what happens to this thread.

Do you want the pistons in the hole, at zero deck or out? Without that info you cant aquire a compression height. The only short deck 3.8 is the 109 casting all others were taller production or stage blocks. Theres nothing cheap about building a 4.1
Im not trying to complicate this. Lets just say im buying a stroker kit for a 3.8, but im putting it in a 4.1, and the 4.1 is .025 taller than the 3.8, but if that complicate it to much, lets just say the deck is the same for a 3.8, i just want to know what piston with a 4inch bore that i can use in place of the 3.8 stroker piston.

Im not trying to complicate this. Lets just say im buying a stroker kit for a 3.8, but im putting it in a 4.1, and the 4.1 is .025 taller than the 3.8, but if that complicate it to much, lets just say the deck is the same for a 3.8, i just want to know what piston with a 4inch bore that i can use in place of the 3.8 stroker piston.

there are no off the shelf pistons with the correct CH and bore to allow for an easy stroker.

This is why not everyone is building a 4.1 stroker.

I searched long and wide for a SBC drop in... and there are none.

to top it off, what really sucks - is how hard it has become to find cheap forged pistons like TRWs

all around the piston situation for a buick is a muddy one.

A.j.

Back