th2004r governor springs

herrakani

I grinded my governor weights a bit, now I have 2 springs, 2 balls and some plastic bits on my desk. The thin spring goes with the plastic bit on the thinner weight and the balls go to the recessed bit on the governor axle, right? WTH is the additional thicker spring for? Between the big weight and the governor axle? Did I just drop it from my pocket somehow?

I shaved just a bit with a dremel on the both weights.

I got a 305 with 268h cam with 2800 stall 11" furnace brazed converter and transgo syskokal-kit and some cool inner mods.

What vb code do you have? Post pics of the governor parts

valvebody.jpg

This is my VB, the number is 4203?

governorparts.jpg

This is my governor. I believe the big spring on the upper right has been between the governor shaft and the big weight. Both have recesses which matches the spring. Teflon seal on the governor shaft is from the trans rebuild kit.

Does the Valve Body have a Yellow or White Ink stamped Code on the side like this? >

Attachments

• BR3 VBody  .jpg
    BR3 VBody .jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 314
Yellow KC3.

I learned from some of the previous discussions that actually the small spring would go to the plastic thingy and big weight and the bigger spring would go to the small weight.

So I can safely:
*lighten the small weight a bit more
*discard the small spring
*use the plastic thing on the small weight side

Am I doing it right?

Yellow KC3.

I learned from some of the previous discussions that actually the small spring would go to the plastic thingy and big weight and the bigger spring would go to the small weight.

So I can safely:
*lighten the small weight a bit more
*discard the small spring
*use the plastic thing on the small weight side

Am I doing it right?

You are correct on the springs. Where do you want it to shift? If you use a BR governor with the KC vb it will shift at 5700-5900. Otherwise it will be difficult to get the governor you are using to shift at higher rpm without removing a lot of weight.

You are correct on the springs. Where do you want it to shift? If you use a BR governor with the KC vb it will shift at 5700-5900. Otherwise it will be difficult to get the governor you are using to shift at higher rpm without removing a lot of weight.

That would be cool, I got limiter set up at 6250 just to be on the safe side. Are BR governors easily available aftermarket? I haven't seen one yet, but then again the 3-speed ones are more common here in northern Europe anyway.

I grinded a bit more off the smaller weight, flush with the recess on the other side.

That would be cool, I got limiter set up at 6250 just to be on the safe side. Are BR governors easily available aftermarket? I haven't seen one yet, but then again the 3-speed ones are more common here in northern Europe anyway.

I grinded a bit more off the smaller weight, flush with the recess on the other side.

BR is out of a turbo Regal. A CZ out of a MCSS would work also. Just remove the spring from the secondary weight on the CZ governor.