TH400 Lockup Converter

CTX-SLPR

Howdy,

I was running around on the V8Buick board, my other home, and we had kicked up the discussion about a SP400 and GVOD for the A-body guys and it got me thinking about not a switch pitch but a lockup converter for the TH400. We dug up an old, like 5.5 years old, article on a TH400 lockup kit by Precision. Jack Cotton was listed as a potential seller as well as a few other Turbo6 vendors. What ever happened to this as I'm thinking a TH400 and GVOD might make a nice staged approach to building my Riv behind the Turbo6 so I don't have to invest all the money at once like I would on a TH200-4R.

Thanks,

I know that Yank has a lock up converter and set up for a T-400 but I think its pretty pricey.

Steve

Precision used to have it listed on their website but it's not there anymore. I was thinking about it at one time, best bet is give them a call and see what they say.

HTH,
Steve

I'm pretty sure Chris also has a lockup converter setup. www.ckperformance.com

Seems like you use a SP pump, and it is setup for the lockup converter.

Almost positive he sells this setup, but if he doesn't he will know who does.

We did a 400 and GV setup in a GN. Pretty tight install in a G-body but does fit and looks factory.

A 400 would be terrible on the highway without the GV. Use a 2.75 gear set in the 400. The gear splitting aspects of the GV is very nice. Note that there is a bout a 1/2 second delay in engagement in the GV. Haven't worked out the shift timing yet but the GV could be controlled from an RPM switch for use at the track. They have an updated controller that makes eaisier to setup for the track in terms of engagement/disengagement.

Definitely a better option than a 4L80 and the related electronics hassles.

Didn't know anyone else was offering a non-lockup option for the 400. At the time the precision solution was about the price of a gear vendors.