You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
thread started intrest started looking at spi label have come up with answers for all execpt

D7I FFL PON TT5 T1H UA1 U73 YS1 YT9 6YT 7YU 8HP 9HP

Alarm system (not sure about this one)
Cooling fan
Blower motor for the auto climate control when the unit goes bad.
Horn due to a faulty horn button.

kirban 2 cents worth

concerning new trivia question slight modification looking for a mininum of FIVE POSSIBILITIES. More than 5 possibilites exist.

Some of the above answers thus far are partially correct..I am sure we will award more than one prize on this one due t effort...

hard to think real clearly late at nite.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Making owners think......

thread started intrest started looking at spi label have come up with answers for all execpt

D7I FFL PON TT5 T1H UA1 U73 YS1 YT9 6YT 7YU 8HP 9HP

kirban 2 cents worth

Some of the codes you have listed we have answers. Example, PON is for Pontiac Michigan which was the final assembly point of the cars. Partially done in Flint which is code FFL meaning Flint plant in Michigan.

Almost 99% certain your 6 code followed by a Y example 6YX or 6Y? refers to the left front spring. A code starting 7Y? refers to the rite front spring.
Codes starting with 8 and then 2 letters is generally the left hand rear spring and codes starting 9 with 2 letters is generally, the rite rear spring.

In other words every one of these cars will have 4 codes with SIMULAR 2 letters one stating withe number 6?? one for 7?? one for 8??? and one for 9?? that refers to the coil springs in your car.

TT5 is the tungsten-halogen headlamps $25 option

UA1 is battery high capacity which again most of our cars would have.

U73 is a fixed antenna

T1H stumped on this one my guess something to do with exterior ornamentation

D71 again stumped my guess something to do with mirrors perhaps the standard mirror on the sunvisor. In other words the cheap non lit version. Your car have that?

I nailed down most of them....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Making owners make discoveries.....

kirban 2 cents worth

Not disqualifying any answers yet as I need to double check on a few however, no one as of yet has hit the 4 or 5 most likely ones in their same post.

Remember the one clue is would drain the battery.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Good answers thus far....

Radio
Alarm
Brake switch
Cig lighter
Power ant
Fan relay
Twilight sentinel
Headlight switch

Fan Delay Relay

Fuel pump with defective oil press. switch

Horn

Headlights/parking lights

Hazard lights.

Radio display although that would usually take more than 1 day to kill the battery.

Anything that has power to it at all times can turn on and kill the battery with a defective trigger or switch.

Not the fuel pump that's on a switched circuit. :p

Shorted timer relay in the rear defogger, not likely however.

And a broken power seat switch could do it.

kirban 2 cents worth

On this question I may have to reword it for several reasons as I have several answers and richard has some plus I don't like to keep bothering him to nail down all the possibilities....some of what is being stated is related to the lite in the car such as headlites twil light sentinel etc... and some may be triggered by something in the ecm....

Let me rethink this question and eliminate all the far fetched possibilities and narrow it down to ones that some of you have experienced (including myself)....

Probably do it later tonite....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Some of the codes you have listed we have answers. Example, PON is for Pontiac Michigan which was the final assembly point of the cars. Partially done in Flint which is code FFL meaning Flint plant in Michigan.

Almost 99% certain your 6 code followed by a Y example 6YX or 6Y? refers to the left front spring. A code starting 7Y? refers to the rite front spring.
Codes starting with 8 and then 2 letters is generally the left hand rear spring and codes starting 9 with 2 letters is generally, the rite rear spring.

In other words every one of these cars will have 4 codes with SIMULAR 2 letters one stating withe number 6?? one for 7?? one for 8??? and one for 9?? that refers to the coil springs in your car.

TT5 is the tungsten-halogen headlamps $25 option

UA1 is battery high capacity which again most of our cars would have.

U73 is a fixed antenna

T1H stumped on this one my guess something to do with exterior ornamentation

D71 again stumped my guess something to do with mirrors perhaps the standard mirror on the sunvisor. In other words the cheap non lit version. Your car have that?

I nailed down most of them....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Making owners make discoveries.....

Yes does have cheap no lighted mirror on pass side visor and was wrong the U73 is actually V73

kirban 2 cents worth

V73 shows up in my 1998 productions booklets as vehicle statement canada/usa

in my 2001 productions booklet that code does not show up at all.

I am working off at least 6 different dated GM production booklets plus I got the actual sales directory guide for each year showing every option with code with retail price of that option, plus other material and nothing shows every single code
that I have at my disposal. So you can see how difficult it is....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

stil no 50 or under or 100 plus codes from any readers of this forum on their trunk ID label. Prizes await to someone showing me one of the two.

kirban 2 cents worth

The trivia contest..... concerning what can turn on when the car is off and in most cases kill the battery.

I have to reword it because in reality under the strangest circumstances anything that is on a hot circuit when the car is off in theory could come on with a certain type of failure.

One reason probably every indoor car show event wants your battery disconnected and a fire extinguisher in each car.

So, I am going to re-word the contest slightly. There is 5 possible answers I will accept. You just need to hit 4 correctly of the 5 possible.

On the 5 possible I am thinking of I have had happen more than one. While many of you have a lot of seat time in a few turbo regals I have very little seat time in any regal but alot of Turbo regals I have spent time with (318 different ones and counting) trailering them home with the ignition key off.

The 4-5 answers I seek don't blow a fuse but will continue to run until something burns out or until the battery is dead.

Nothing to do with the lighter, power seat, fuel relay, headlites, etc. The answers I seek are for lack of a better term more common to happen to anyone reading this thread.

Here are the clues:

Affects 1986-1987 Turbo Regals

Two (2) items I am thinking of are not option related.

Three (3) items are option related.

Once I give the answer I would think some of you will agree at least in part with my conclusion. Even though I don't have much seat time in any particular car I have travelled may miles with them on trailers so I have experienced these situations first hand.

Contest is open to any readers of this thread not related to any Buick business and open to all of those that have guessed earlier.

Between tomorrow and late Thursday I won't have much time to look at replies.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

good luck one and all....prizes to the first 3 that hit the answers I seek!!!!

kirban 2 cents worth

Concerning body bushings (cushions) etc I still need some feed back as to who has #7 lower body bushings and who does not and what year Turbo Regal they own. Once I get some feed back on this question I can shed some more light on what I know about body bushings (cushions) hockey pucks....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Try the above trivia contest, nothing to lose....

Word has it that Kenny Duttweiler will be at GS Nats again this year. Three weeks away and counting...

Fan delay relay

Alarm false triggering intermittant tamper switch or low battery can set it off, or the light remain on and kill the battery when the door is closed

Lighted mirror can activate via a bad switch and stay on

Radio display can lock on with stuck or broken knob/switch

Brake switch could stay on killing the battery

Reading lamp switch could stay on

Door jamb switch can bend and stay on or a shorted wire

Defective radio capacitor acting like a resistor

Park switch in the power antenna

Hazard flashers

Nothing to lose. :biggrin:

Gonna be nice thursday and friday I will check the GN for the body cushions at #7, that car at least has a place for them, salvageV6 the WE4 doesn't even have the mount plate let alone a bushing. :eek: :p

Horn
Alarm
Brake switch
Power ant
Temp sensor
Power window switch

Horn
Alarm
Brake switch
Power ant
Temp sensor
Power window switch

kirban 2 cents worth

You got 2 out of the 5 keep trying with your background you should figure it out. You actually are missing what has to be the most common one that fails the most for owners. The 2 out of the 3 you do have correct are options. I won't say which 2 you got as of yet.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Curious of you never installed any lower body bushings does your car have #7 lower ones?

kirban 2 cents worth

tell brian contest open to running cars with label attached not open to companies or employees magic number is to hit 50 or 100 in other direction.

on the methanol cars like to see how close the VINS are to each other may be similar to the trooper cars I mentioned earlier.

Dennis The car is running with 52 trunk codes with 6 or 7 options. Fully Buick Documented & car faxed. It is actually my test vehicle with our first stretch IC,Down pipe,Aluminum Rad, Spohn's first rear sway bar,level 1's rear arms, 16 x 10 GTA wheels, etc...Typical average T running around with 100K+ miles stock D-5,Stock injectors, & stock turbo. I thought it would be close to 50 but was 52. It is just one of those light weight good running cars you get out of every 40-50. Sort of a freak :eek:

I have another car in the lot out front which should be less codes. Not running. I have the top end pulled off but that is something we can get running in a few hours. Same color as the 1 above & similar options. I know it should have less. I have known the car for 7 years finally got it picked up 2 years ago down here.Original paint car as well.

Believe me I wouldn't let employee Magic happen to prove it could be done. I'm a show me person.
When I get a chance to breathe around here during the day instead of walking around with a phone attached to my head I'll sneak a peak at the spid.

I also have a few Moon roof limiteds that should be pretty hi optioned as well.
Close to 100, Yes running.

In my opinion (Mine only) any Turbo car running or not that was produced with an original label should be eligable. I don't think it takes alot to make a car not running to running & driving. If it was Built & totalled & not worth putting back together it exsists. I have a few cars here that are not worth rebuilding for re-sale at this time. Then I have cars I'm upside down in & will not get what I have into them for years.
Heres a pic of an 87 T with 52.

kirban 2 cents worth

Brian & Eric:

Here is a quickee trivia question for you based on the trunk ID label you show in this post (page 13 of my thread) as I am not sure picture of the trunk ID label shows up in this format.

On this trunk ID label you show, one code listed, GM actually made a emblem of that appeared on a late 1980s GM car. What code on this trunk ID label am I referring to? If its not the one I have in mind I would have to see proof.

Finally a contest you guys can participate in and anyone else for that matter.
If anyone else figures it out before either Brian or Eric prize is worth $50.

Prize to the first winner...better be you Brian or Eric with your vast knowledge.
I got the emblem to prove I am rite.....

clock is ticking.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

collection of scattered Turbo facts just not all in one place....

Back