The Only 3300 lb. Buick V6 in the 8s using...

Status
Not open for further replies.
from looking at this thread Don likes talking to himself .... get a better set of heads an see what it will do ... havent made a pass yet but heads flow way better than yours on a stock 109 with a lil turbo
You didn't read through the whole thread, did you.

ive been watching u for awhile ..... yes your faster than me wow im not fast ... but u havent ran 7 anything yet ???? wheelie bars ... ill give u a cookie for effort an back yard tech

My car weight is 3160 lbs with fuel and me in it. I'm sure that has some to do with why my car isn't sticking compared to a heavier class car.

Last edited by DonWG; February 8th, 2010 at 08:40 PM.

1984BUICK Grand National 224 cid Stage I BUICK V6 burning CH3OH w/N2O helping spool a large T6 91mm turbo.
Configuration concept/engine/trans/tuning/fabrication by me.

Latest 1/8 mi. perf. (2/12/2011) w/FI91X (B/W Airwerks S510-91mm): 5.57@126.76mph, 1.271 60'.
Latest 1/4 mi. perf. (11/2010) w/FI91X: 8.76 et & 158.69 mph.
5+ bhp/cid @ 30 psi boost with SMALL heads.
Pinks All Out qualifying 11/2010, 8.7 sec Grand National at Pinks All Out Firebird Int Raceway 2010 - YouTube
Tea Party!

DON,

What is the weight of your car ? so that we may have a better grasp as to what you truly are accomplishing.

ive been watching u for awhile ..... yes your faster than me wow im not fast ... but u havent ran 7 anything yet ???? wheelie bars ... ill give u a cookie for effort an back yard tech
What gave you the impression that I'm trying to do 7s?
I'm waiting for the cookie. Make it peanut butter.

My car weight is 3160 lbs with fuel and me in it. I'm sure that has some to do with why my car isn't sticking compared to a heavier class car.

Last edited by DonWG; February 8th, 2010 at 08:40 PM.

1984BUICK Grand National 224 cid Stage I BUICK V6 burning CH3OH w/N2O helping spool a large T6 91mm turbo.
Configuration concept/engine/trans/tuning/fabrication by me.

Latest 1/8 mi. perf. (2/12/2011) w/FI91X (B/W Airwerks S510-91mm): 5.57@126.76mph, 1.271 60'.
Latest 1/4 mi. perf. (11/2010) w/FI91X: 8.76 et & 158.69 mph.
5+ bhp/cid @ 30 psi boost with SMALL heads.
Pinks All Out qualifying 11/2010, 8.7 sec Grand National at Pinks All Out Firebird Int Raceway 2010 - YouTube
Tea Party!

DON,

What is the weight of your car ? so that we may have a better grasp as to what you truly are accomplishing.
Man, you are way behind the curve. Feb. 2010? Where have you been? If you want to catch up, check out the link I posted just a few posts back for Otto.

What gave you the impression that I'm trying to do 7s?

When you bolted on A 1500+HP turbo !!!!!!!!

Oh thats right you chose that turbo cause it was the perfect turbo for future upgrading. So here you are running 8.70s holding back and your future plan is to STROKE IT and better heads, Were you going to do all this to run low 8s...........

When you bolted on A 1500+HP turbo !!!!!!!!

Oh thats right you chose that turbo cause it was the perfect turbo for future upgrading. So here you are running 8.70s holding back and your future plan is to STROKE IT and better heads, Were you going to do all this to run low 8s...........
Feb. 2010. That's the best you can do?

What did you put on to add the 160lbs ?

Hmmmmm.... was it the wing... NO
Hmmmmm.... was it the aero kit.....NO
Hmmmmm.... did you put bigger heavier valves.....NO

Can anyone tell me why ?
If you want to really know how I came up with the new weight, you will go to the link I posted for Otto and read the part of the thread where I finally scaled the car. I even listed the corner weights so that you can add them together if you want to double check my work. Let me know if I did it right, or not.
Man, if your going to act like your keeping up with my project, you need to do a better job of it. You are totally failing.
That thread is pretty dry. How exciting can chassis work be. Enjoy. :biggrin:

If you want to really know how I came up with the new weight, you will go to the link I posted for Otto and read the part of the thread where I finally scaled the car. I even listed the corner weights so that you can add them together if you want to double check my work. Let me know if I did it right, or not.
Man, if your going to act like your keeping up with my project, you need to do a better job of it. You are totally failing.
That thread is pretty dry. How exciting can chassis work be. Enjoy. :biggrin:

Well...... we are "FOOLS after all

Ok MAD SCIENTIST, you are truly mad to run your combo... especially with NOS:cool:. If anyone can exactly figure this out, it will be Donnie:cool:. Your out of the box thinking has gotten you in the 8's. This same out of the box thinking will get you in the 7's. I personally look forward to your post. If you can ever get that 1/2 shift issue fixed youe can get that et even lower. From Alabama, "run Donnie run"!

Ok MAD SCIENTIST, you are truly mad to run your combo... especially with NOS:cool:. If anyone can exactly figure this out, it will be Donnie:cool:. Your out of the box thinking has gotten you in the 8's. This same out of the box thinking will get you in the 7's. I personally look forward to your post. If you can ever get that 1/2 shift issue fixed youe can get that et even lower. From Alabama, "run Donnie run"!
You can count on it, Undercover TURBO Brother.

I agree Chuck. I can also say the track Donnie races at is not up to snuff, even my car, which runs 11.0 in the 1/4 and 6.8 in the 1/8 on just 18psi has lost traction into to the run multiple times. I can't even begain to tell you guys how bad Donnies car is during his runs. I grit my teeth everytime I see him run. Honestly, I can see bottom 8's once his suspenion and what not is sorted out on a good track. BTW - I have learned a great deal from everyone here that have posted in this thread! Keep it coming, as everyones experiences and know how counts. "run Donnie run"!...:)

I agree Chuck. I can also say the track Donnie races at is not up to snuff, even my car, which runs 11.0 in the 1/4 and 6.8 in the 1/8 on just 18psi has lost traction into to the run multiple times. I can't even begain to tell you guys how bad Donnies car is during his runs. I grit my teeth everytime I see him run. Honestly, I can see bottom 8's once his suspenion and what not is sorted out on a good track. BTW - I have learned a great deal from everyone here that have posted in this thread! Keep it coming, as everyones experiences and know how counts. "run Donnie run"!...:)
Hey, Big Ray!

I believe I posted something in this thread that would answer that for you. Skim over it again. I'm tired of having to repeat myself.

I don't believe you did.

If you answer yes then it means your heads are not a restriction. If you answer no then it throws out the argument that you can make more power with more stroke. Either answer will go against what your claiming in this thread.

To fill the extra cylinder volume to make more power requires more air in the cylinder. If your head is holding you back as you claim then you can't gain power. Extra stroke can only make more power when it can get the air required to do so.

dusty why ?? Dont play this game anymore .. Your car is way faster and it sticks to the track .. I wouldnt put in on this anymore .. Your wasting your time .. And time is money on the street ..

Because it's like exercise for the brain at times. lol

Don. I do applaud your work in getting the turbo to spool on alcohol with the nitrous system. I know that was a major headache and most would have given up a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.