The Only 3300 lb. Buick V6 in the 8s using...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Becuase pro stock looks for every last 1/2 hp and spends hundreds of thousands to do it. Yes, there is some power to be had with resonance tuning. But it is nothing remotely close to what you could gain with even 1 lb. of boost. And because your motor doesn't pick up more power with 1 lb. of boost doesn't mean it's not true. That means your motor has other problems like valve springs.
Maybe you should come down to my home track some day and watch the car run. If you had comprehended what I've wrote in this thread, you'd realize that traction is my number one issue. TRACTION, TRACTION, TRACTION. Do you now realize what that means? How can I possibly judge any performance increase from an increase in boost if I can't maintain TRACTION? TRACTION! I take it TRACTION is also important on a chassis dyno. Or am I wrong about that?

well 1st off - your on the wrong coast to be concidered "fast"
then your not following the "herd" by doing like everyone else.
and then you don't hug some special "nuts" like most everyone else does!

WOW thats been a long time comming!!!!!

well 1st off - your on the wrong coast to be concidered "fast"
then your not following the "herd" by doing like everyone else.
and then you don't hug some special "nuts" like most everyone else does!

WOW thats been a long time comming!!!!!
Yikes! So to be accepted I have to follow everything the herd does, move to the east coast, and hug cashew nuts? Well, I do like cashew nuts. But I chew them between my teeth. I wouldn't think of hugging them. That sounds too wierd to me.

Acceptance is not why I post here. That's obvious to everyone. I simply have a need to share, and hopefully some deserving fellow will pick up something out of what I've done and use it to carry their project on.
When I started this journey I had always wondered why no one documented the journey through their projects. I though it would be facinating to come across someone who was willing to share their experiences with their project. What a learning opportunity. But then, what the heck. Just crank up the boost!

1) I wish then you could explain my performance when so many others struggle to get close to the same, and not with just 2 more psi boost.

Because no one is trying to go fast with your heads. The reason John has to run more boost to get near the same hp level your at is because his backpressure is much higher and the turbo is being pushed much harder. Do you actually think he could have you build some magic manifolds along with a matched cam and run 8.70's with the same 71mm turbo?

2) What's creating this sweet spot? Why is this sweet spot so attractive to them that they'd bother with it? Couldn't they just throw some OEM log manifolds on the car and do the same? Why bother?

Your baiting me.....lol. Yes these engines use pulse tuning to gain power. I bought my old SB2 heads from a nascar team. They spent 8 months to make 10hp. Once they found the new valve stem and port design made 10hp more than the old design, all the old design stuff was sold for pennies. I'm saying you may gain a little power from the pulse design but you'll never be able to prove it. It surely isn't huge power gains. 20hp at the most and I'm being generous. Pro stock and NASCAR does this because to them 10hp is HUGE, that's why they bother.

3) You keep wanting to compare with other motors with greatly advanced head design. Why is that? What's your point? Of course a small engine with comparably superior head design is going to take out a two valver designed back in the 50s and 60s. That's a no brainer.
Are you really trying to say that I should be able to achieve 10 hp per cubic inch with these heads because some mod motor is doing fantastic things? Dusty, you have to take a closer look at the rest of the engine combination. Cubic inches is not the only parameter to be concerned with when comparing engines. I don't think I should really have to tell you this.

I'm not comparing head design. I'm strictly talking cubic inches. You think you could make more power if you kept your heads and went to 274ci? Only reason I say this is because you look down at other guys who are running 8's with a 71mm turbo by saying things like" Yes but they have a stroker and better heads" I promise you I can make the same power with a 231 as I can with a 274 but the rpm range will be higher with the smaller motor.
edit

It seems that this thread has found an "Over-rev", Donnie, as much as I know you are attemping to enlighten many here with what you have found to be "Un-Tapped" power, the general population of TurboBuick and other forced induction investigators can(and will, if they pay attention) learn if they so desire, but I for one will tell you to keep what you've learned to yourself and only share with those "willing" to spend the time learning, way too many here in open view thinking "Moore's Better Rule", I suggest you quit sharing information, document and save it for those few that can benefit from your work when you can choose the "who" that wishes to push further with simular concepts.
I've encountered opposition in my past, they all look the same after a while, all talk, fake tits and gloss, but not a ballsack to be found in sight.
There has been 2 sides to every street on the road to progress, no matter how strong you(knowledge wise) are, your forward motion will be thwarted/slowed by those returning from failure without success and praying you don't find what they could not.
It's up to you bud's if you think it's worth it, you or I don't make money on these fools by feeding them information they won't use, only the salesmen at the parts counter will because they don't.

Kevin.

Agreed, Kevin. Over-revved and blowing rods out the pan. Very well said.
Good luck to all in following your dreams.

Do you plan to answer the question Don?

Will you make more peak power with your heads by adding more cubic inches?

Since you two obviously know more than us "fools" on this site how about you show us. I'm more of the "Don't tell me, show me" kida guy. Nothing I have seen here convinces me pressure pulse tuning is worth any power on a turbo engine.

So. Take the THS class for example. These guys are limited by a 67mm turbo and it's fairly easy to max them out. Build a system to bolt on to these cars that magically increases et and mph by changing headers, cam and possibly intake and you'll make a fortune because all of us fools will be lined up to buy them. I don't think it's worth the effort but since you guys do.......we're all waiting with $$$$ in hand. If you are 100% sure there are huge gains in this pulse tuning I'm sure we can expect a system in production 2012.

Agreed, Kevin. Over-revved and blowing rods out the pan. Very well said.
Good luck to all in following your dreams.

You agree, finally !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

One of the "fools"

Maybe you should come down to my home track some day and watch the car run. If you had comprehended what I've wrote in this thread, you'd realize that traction is my number one issue. TRACTION, TRACTION, TRACTION. Do you now realize what that means? How can I possibly judge any performance increase from an increase in boost if I can't maintain TRACTION? TRACTION! I take it TRACTION is also important on a chassis dyno. Or am I wrong about that?

Don,

Since you cant figure how to hook a 1000 hp i put up a couple of videos for you to study, study, study, these are cars that make at least 500 hp more than yours but the interesting part is these "fools" figured out how to do it on radials.

Dusty Bradford ORTC.m4v - YouTube

Dave Fiscus 7.97 e.t. - YouTube

Tony Gomes at Norwalk - YouTube

Wow, baadgn, you must be such a "Man About Town" you must have seen/touched/felt all there is in this world to the point you felt your board name was/is worthy of lower cased interpretations, good for you "FOCKEL" Nuts.
Who ever you think you are, you are probably wrong, or did you have some real gun stories you'd like to discuss?

Kevin.

Wow, baadgn, you must be such a "Man About Town" you must have seen/touched/felt all there is in this world to the point you felt your board name was/is worthy of lower cased interpretations, good for you "FOCKEL" Nuts.
Who ever you think you are, you are probably wrong, or did you have some real gun stories you'd like to discuss?

Kevin.

Damn........ and all this time I thought i was part of the "fools"

Damn........ and all this time I thought i was part of the "fools"

Hard to interpet "sign" language anymore, I may have misunderstood your explanation, did you have something of "Value" to offer besides Exhaust Gas Recirculation and it's effect on combustion? or was that just "bad gas"?

Kevin.

uh .... yea right...........
500 hp more? according to a couple of calculators the cars you have shown--- flywheel hp is 1346, RWHP is 1212
so donnie only makes 700- 800hp?
hmmm maybe you been smoking to much wacky tobacky!
or is that east coast numbers? (you know -counting on yer fingers and toes)

Don,

Since you cant figure how to hook a 1000 hp i put up a couple of videos for you to study, study, study, these are cars that make at least 500 hp more than yours but the interesting part is these "fools" figured out how to do it on radials.

Dusty Bradford ORTC.m4v - YouTube

Dave Fiscus 7.97 e.t. - YouTube

Tony Gomes at Norwalk - YouTube

It seems that this thread has found an "Over-rev", Donnie, as much as I know you are attemping to enlighten many here with what you have found to be "Un-Tapped" power, the general population of TurboBuick and other forced induction investigators can(and will, if they pay attention) learn if they so desire, but I for one .

Why do you say Donnie was trying to enlighten us. He was looking for answers. Here's is the original post

1.835" intake and 1.5" exhaust valves. How is this possible? :confused:
Looking for answers.

He posted several times in this thread asking "why". A few "fools" offered opinions in an attempt to help him. Are you saying this thread was just a ruse and he really came here to boast about his combination and enlighten us?

If you have followed any of his other threads, you will see that even when he was running slower, he was "doing the impossible". Several people said he wasn't and that there was plenty left in the car. When he goes faster, it amazes him in spite of others saying it should have been faster.

uh .... yea right...........
500 hp more? according to a couple of calculators the cars you have shown--- flywheel hp is 1346, RWHP is 1212
so donnie only makes 700- 800hp?
hmmm maybe you been smoking to much wacky tobacky!

Do you even know the weights of those cars ? Ill give ya a hint 3500 lbs. Don is at 3300 176 mph vs 158 mph

and here is the calculater Racing Calculators - TCI® Auto

Ill wait for your response......................

You have made a couple comments about "East Coast", please explain what geography has to do with anything. I live about 6 miles from the Atlantic Ocean and must be at the EXTREME limit of your comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.