The Only 3300 lb. Buick V6 in the 8s using...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already answered this question. Try to keep up. It was supposed to go away November 14th, but my boss said we would have it til the end of the year.
Why is it going away?! Why are they doing this to us?!!! Don't they realize what they're doing to us?! Help us. Please help us. You've got to have some pull with your boss. Make it stay! Please! I beg of you!! Don't let the mean corporations do this to us! You're an occupy kind of guy, right?! You've got to help us! Do a sit in on the roof or something!

So does this 71mm flow more or less than an old school T76?

I'm willing to bet,... mmm,... mmm,... wait for it,... mmmmmore? :biggrin:

So that means I was doing the same with a worse flowing, old school, Turbonetics T76. Interesting. Very interesting, indeed. And with less cubes, to boot.
Six years ago.

And, the best part is how much boost I was using. ;) Mwah ha haaaaaa.

Now go save the McRib. Pretty please.

Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive. :cool:

Stupid 8 second car. :(

I think that was a fly-by by Lazaris.
I'm going to assume that Lazaris is saying that the area of a 1.5" valve multiplied by 6 would need to be the size of the inlet and outlet of the turbine housing, not considering the turbine wheel, inorder for the turbine housing not to become a restriction in the exhaust flow side of the engine.

Don't think this logic is true since each exhaust valve is taking turns firing into the exhaust opposed to all flowing at the same time. The housing can probably evacuate gasses faster than the valves can replenish, as evidence from the back pressure readings.

Using this logic, the throttle body would need to be at least the same area of the intake valves...

Allan G.

Six years ago.

LOL! 6 years ago you were slow for a 76, now you're slow for a 91. Hopefully in the future you can step up and be slow for all the other turbo sizes as well.

Honestly though, even though you're slow, at least you are out there doing something and trying stuff. As clueless as you are, you're still way ahead of Mr. Street Lethal keyboard warrior :)

And don, I think your keyboard is getting ahead of you, you might want to slow down a bit. You always have to go back and edit every single post LOL. Relax man, this is the Internet, it's not that serious!

Don't think this logic is true since each exhaust valve is taking turns firing into the exhaust opposed to all flowing at the same time. The housing can probably evacuate gasses faster than the valves can replenish, as evidence from the back pressure readings.

Using this logic, the throttle body would need to be at least the same area of the intake valves...

Allan G.

Of course, but I'm sure these guys have already thought of that....that's how "pressure pulses" are made :D

Of course, but I'm sure these guys have already thought of that....that's how "pressure pulses" are made :D
Ahh. Sorry, frybrain. This post just fails big time.
Kinda like your big fail when you tried pressure pulse tuning with a turbocharged engine.

Allan G.
Yeah. I'm waiting for Lazaris to make his point about this.

LOL! 6 years ago you were slow for a 76, now you're slow for a 91. Hopefully in the future you can step up and be slow for all the other turbo sizes as well.

Honestly though, even though you're slow, at least you are out there doing something and trying stuff. As clueless as you are, you're still way ahead of Mr. Street Lethal keyboard warrior :)

And don, I think your keyboard is getting ahead of you, you might want to slow down a bit. You always have to go back and edit every single post LOL. Relax man, this is the Internet, it's not that serious!
Yes, you're right. I wasn't using all that old T76 had to give with that build. What a shame.

Allan G.

If the exh housing could evacuate the gasses faster there would be no back pressure. The housing remains the largest restriction.

If the exh housing could evacuate the gasses faster there would be no back pressure. The housing remains the largest restriction.
I don't understand how you're applying this to this discussion? I know. Discussion is not really the right word to use.

Ah. OK. I think I understand the point Lazaris is trying to make. Even though I've stated that I chose to have the valve sizes in the heads be the restriction for my project, the turbine housing is still presenting a restriction that can't be ignored.

Ah. OK. I think I understand the point Lazaris is trying to make. Even though I've stated that I chose to have the valve sizes in the heads be the restriction for my project, the turbine housing is still presenting a restriction that can't be ignored.

Sure it is a restriction, but also a constant between all our turbo cars that would put us on a level playing field with respects to flange area. Plenty of guys going fast with T4 flange turbos though.

If the housing was really a restriction with respect to combined exhaust valve area, I would expect the BP to get out of control.

From a complete system point of view, the housing is only creating a restriction when the boost to BP ratio gets away from 1:1. When the energy required to drive the turbo becomes much greater then the energy generated is when the housing is a restriction.

Allan G.

Sure it is a restriction, but also a constant between all our turbo cars that would put us on a level playing field with respects to flange area. Plenty of guys going fast with T4 flange turbos though.

If the housing was really a restriction with respect to combined exhaust valve area, I would expect the BP to get out of control.

From a complete system point of view, the housing is only creating a restriction when the boost to BP ratio gets away from 1:1. When the energy required to drive the turbo becomes much greater then the energy generated is when the housing is a restriction.

Allan G.

Sure guys are going fast on T-4's thats not the point. The BP ratio gets past 1:1 quite fast even during spool up. Point being is if a larger exh valve say 1.6" was installed in this combination I doubt you would see a performance improvement and not be the detriment the poster feels it is, especially at 224 cu in's. There many many turbo app's with 1.6" exh valves at 1800+ Hp.

Sure guys are going fast on T-4's thats not the point. The BP ratio gets past 1:1 quite fast even during spool up. Point being is if a larger exh valve say 1.6" was installed in this combination I doubt you would see a performance improvement and not be the detriment the poster feels it is, especially at 224 cu in's. There many many turbo app's with 1.6" exh valves at 1800+ Hp.
I see your point. So you feel the intake side will become the limiting factor much sooner than the exhaust side will?

Lazaris. Don't make me have to start pulling teeth. Tell us what's on your mind.

Yes, you're right. I wasn't using all that old T76 had to give with that build. What a shame.

Exactly, because you dont know what your doing...... whats the 91 rated for hmmmmm 1600+ what are you making 997 you failed again !!!!! The reason your not getting there little donnie is because..... well maybe you should call mommy and daddy and ask them to be honest with you this time and not tell you what you want to hear.......

Status
Not open for further replies.