the "why i carry a gun" thread made me post this.....for those that carry

Status
Not open for further replies.
all major swat teams in the country have went to larger caliber handguns --wonder why?

if Im not mistake, many of the different special forces also carry .45s rather than the standard issue beretta.

TTAfreak. This isn't directed towards you. You really seem like you want to learn. Good on ya, bud.

I didnt figure it was since I specifically stated im no expert and dont claim to be one.

I can only go by what I see deer hunting.

anytime a high powered rifle bullet passes through the subject at close range......the deer has run off and I have had to track it.....EVEN when the exit wound looked like a golf ball went through it.

at further distances, when the bullet stayed in the subject and never exited.......it knocked him on his arse right where he stood.

IMO, the bullet technology these days has changed so much that even the 9mm that no one wants anymore because of the introduction of the .40 cal is STILL A GREAT ROUND.

a 9mm hydrashock will plant somone on their arse just as quick as a 40 or a 45.

anyway.....if you want a great home defense round.....forget all this hand gun and rifle talk. get yourself a 12 guage. in a nervous moment, you wont have to be quite as accurate, and you also wont have to worry about buck shot penetrating as badly and hurting someone in another room...or outside.

And you don't need a "Federal permit" to own a full-auto. You pay a $200 tax stamp.

really?

thats completely INCORRECT. talk about spreading missinformation.

even a simple fire arms seller that owns a business has to have a "Federal Permit"

what do you think FFL stands for?

http://www.fortliberty.org/american-politics/nfa.shtml

right there in the very first paragraph it states.........
you MUST have permission from the Federal Government.

also.....feel free to read this information.....

http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/wbardwel/public/nfalist/nfa_faq.txt

to own class III weapons is a bit more expensive than your simple "200.00 tax stamp" assertion.

well I had to post this here.....because its just downright strange.

I got a pm from turbonatr......and here it is.

im not sure why he didnt just address me here.
-----------------------
My friend,

I know full wel what an FFL is as I hold a C&R (curio and relic) FFL here in PA. It is you who is the one spreading misinformation. It's also boarding on federal law at this point. A moderator has been notified.

Also, as far as knocking a person over...a shotgun/rifle/handgun CAN'T do it...it's simple physics. FOr every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. If a gun has the power to really knock someone over, the recoil would also knock the shooter over (assuming the round didn't fully penetrate the target, of course).

Whatever, like I said, links have been provided. You can read them and learn something or not to. Choice is yours. I suggest you run a search for me over at Glock Talk. I'm not exactly the "know-nothing" person you seem to think I am. I gotta admit, some of the stuff you guys were posting in that thread was pretty funny. Almost as if some of the guys posting were about 15 years old. LMAO!
----------------------------------------
the first part is mind numbing. all I did was post links to the information I read. so if thats breaking the law, and worth a mod being notified......well spank me and call me sparky!!!!

the second part isnt only mind numbing. its completely ignorant. to claim a shotgun cant knock someone over is just asanine.

and as far as searching you out on glock talk.....hey, if this is the best you can do.....ive seen enough already.

I never claimed you "knew nothing". but it certainly seems like you want everyone here to think the are the end all as far as gun information......and you are definately NOT.

oh, and im a tad older than 15.

if you wish to discuss this further, please do it here. im not going to respond to any insulting PMs and Id much rather you make yourself look foolish in an open thread.

:)

the first paragraph in the link I provided states VERY CLEARLY....

The National Firearms Act of 1934 makes it illegal for civilians to own machine guns without permission from the Federal Government.

so does it take federal permission or not?

notify a moderator of that and get back to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.