Think about this before you go to bed

TRBON8R

Right now at this very moment somewhere in Iraq, Afghanistan or some other toilet of a country an American serviceman is in a firefight trying to survive, save the lives of his buddies and to preserve our freedom. He might be flying a helicopter at treetop level dodging anti-aircraft fire. Maybe he is working on an aircraft engine so a pilot can fly his mission tomorrow morning. He could be a lonesome seaman on an aircraft carrier with a new wife back at home. Maybe he is a tanker trying to get a couple hours sleep for the first time in nearly a week while his unit prepares to attack this morning. Possibly he is a B2 pilot flying another 36 hour mission from the U.S. to Baghdad.

Anyway, you get the idea. I know this is what I'll be thinking about when I go to bed tonight.

hmmm

i dont think i am really that depressed to be thinking like that, but i wish them the best and hope they come home safe and sound..

Re: hmmm

Originally posted by wiked87gn
i dont think i am really that depressed to be thinking like that, but i wish them the best and hope they come home safe and sound..

true, try to stay on the up and up. think that they will be coming home real soon, safe to their families and loved ones.

Originally posted by TRBON8R

Anyway, you get the idea. I know this is what I'll be thinking about when I go to bed tonight.

And it looks like Congress is going to be slashing the VA budget 15 Billion dollars in the next 10 years.

So the vets who do come home with problems can look forward to worsening health care. Nice deal.

I believe in what we're doing is right, and I think God for the young men brave enough to endure what they're doing and going to go thru, but it gets me when they get treated as a disposible whenit's over.

It only took 25 years to finally figure out the long term effects of Agent Orange, and now we're exposing the troops to depleted Uranium.

Excuse the rant.....

Re: Re: Think about this before you go to bed

Originally posted by bruce
And it looks like Congress is going to be slashing the VA budget 15 Billion dollars in the next 10 years.

So the vets who do come home with problems can look forward to worsening health care. Nice deal.

ARE THEY? LET'S NOT GET AHEAD OF OURSELVES. I'M WITH YOU ON THIS..........ALL OUR SOLDIERS AND VETS NEED TO BE TAKEN CARE OF AND ANYONE WHO IS FOR SLASHING VETERAN'S BENEFITS, SHOULD BE VOTED OUT.

Re: Re: Think about this before you go to bed

Originally posted by bruce
It only took 25 years to finally figure out the long term effects of Agent Orange, and now we're exposing the troops to depleted Uranium.

Oh the VA "figured it out", but denied it even existed, let alone admitted it was service connected .

They tried to do the same with the Persian Gulf syndrome, but on the heels of the Agent Orange catastrophe, were not successful, at least for that incredible length of time.

The key to receiving medical care at the VA is the service connected rating, (assuming their ailment has been rated service connected) which can span from 0% to 100%. It can be a real uphill battle for many to receive a fair rating. Those that are not successful in receiving even service connected status are subject to means testing. Not to mention the fact that subjection to chemical agents affects not only the vet, but quite possibly children born after their contamination. And I will not touch upon psychological issues as a result of wartime service.

The per diem and medication copay may not seem like a lot of money to those who work, but for disabled vets unable to return to their former jobs or secure permanent gainful employment, the amount can become overwhelming, not to mention dealing with an injury or chronic condition.

A real big 'Thank You' for serving from the government. (NOT)