You can type here any text you want

thinking gn1

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

v62go

have a few questons,i have 86 t type with a 206 atr roller cam stock ported big valve heads 63 turbo 50 pound injectors stock rockers hardened shafts 200 auto 3200 vigalante stock intake throttle body with rjc powerplate im thinking of buying a set gn1s and roller rockers just curious about the benefits and what u do with the grounded wires on back of the heads? also push rod length performance gain etc.the car has ran 6.70s 102mph thru the eigth and 10.60s 124 in the qtr 1.50 short time off the foot break on 104 octane 23 pounds of boost..im having to replace the head gaskets anyway..any advice would be appreciated

I don't think you will gain anything from gn1's with your combo. 50 ound injectors are not big enough to safely run 10's. Invest that money in injectors and roller rockers for your ported irons and an alky kit.

would i be better off with a gtq 70 and 72 pound inj. i just want to pick up 3 4 tenths also have a turbo 350 with ptc 10 inch conv been thinking about putting in..thanks for any info from going to turbo 350 from a 200

as for the grounds on the back of the head i just put a stud in the last hole of the intake on the passengerside and stacked all the grounds there that way there is one attatchment and i know they stay tight and not having to worry about 3

I don't see it really being a great thing to do with your combo, you are already hitting 124 mph which is fantastic. If you wanted to raise the bar to a new level the cost would be enourmous. I mean, it would involve a big turbo, big injectors, diff. tune and then things just start breaking. 124mph is flying, any faster and the car will live its life on jack stands demanding a constant money flow.
Just another opinion,
Mike
86 GN

I don't see it really being a great thing to do with your combo, you are already hitting 124 mph which is fantastic. If you wanted to raise the bar to a new level the cost would be enourmous. I mean, it would involve a big turbo, big injectors, diff. tune and then things just start breaking. 124mph is flying, any faster and the car will live its life on jack stands demanding a constant money flow.
Just another opinion,
Mike
86 GN

I respectfully disagree with that statement. My previous motor was in my car for 8 years and never skipped a beat. Never even blew a headgasket in that time frame niether. The secret to longevity is good tunning. My car ran low 10's for a good majority of that that too, then ran in the 9's. Stock crank, rods with steal caps and a hydr roller cam. I drove my car everywhere. On the street where my car spent 98% of its time, it was not set on kill. It lived on pump gas and 17 to 20pounds of boost. I know my car would mph 128 to 130mph in street trim with that setup. If you stay on top of your car and respect whats under the hood, it will live with good maintainace.
You know we are all full of s h i t. I used to say I would be happy running 11.50's then got bored. Now I am running high 9's and bored again. If you have a good base, then everything you do from that point forward is just a add on. Aluminum heads will not hurt a thing and he will gain more tolerance with detonation with aluminum heads over stock. It also frees up some unneeded weight up front of our already heavty cars. If its in the budget, go for it, it can only help down the road when boredom sets in and you have that need for speed to go faster.
FWIW I use the top tranny bolts for my grounds as it goes into the block.

how about switching to the turbo 350 and ptc 10 conv.how many of u done that and if so did it help....

almost forgot how about the 70 gtq turbo and 72 pound inj would that be a better way to go for 3 or 4 tenths my 63 spools pretty quick with the conv i got now leaving on 10 pounds is not a problem.i dont know the spooling moods of the 70gtq but think the 72 pound injs would be a good ideal anyway...

almost forgot how about the 70 gtq turbo and 72 pound inj would that be a better way to go for 3 or 4 tenths my 63 spools pretty quick with the conv i got now leaving on 10 pounds is not a problem.i dont know the spooling moods of the 70gtq but think the 72 pound injs would be a good ideal anyway...

Id stay with a smaller p-trim BB turbo like a 66 or 67 and get a 9.5" PTC. A GTQ requires a lot more converter especially if its a journal bearing. Your under cammed for a 70 GTQ imo.If your going 124mph then you will drive through the 10". To be safer id go with more injector. Id also remove some weight from the car. Gn1's would just probably run the same as you are now at 20 psi of boost instead of 24.

Just another opinion,
Mike
86 GN

I disagree also...I've got around 100+ runs at 128-130 MPH on my motor...the key is tune for ZERO detonation...that's why I only run VP C-16

I disagree also...I've got around 100+ runs at 128-130 MPH on my motor...the key is tune for ZERO detonation...that's why I only run VP C-16
I have over 125 runs to over 125mph through 3rd in my 140K+ stock short block. I totally agree about the zero detonation. Zero means zero. Not even .5 degrees. I always ran a minimum of 110 octane. It runs the best with Q16 and a lot of alky.

thanks for all the input i think im going with the 72 pound inj and alky kit 1.65roller rockers i geuss they are a direct bolt on 9441 pt fel pro and tune up a little at a time ...thanks again!

i love my gn1 heads.they give you more room to grow than the iron heads but i do agree there are things that could be done first other than heads. they sure are pretty though

Back