You can type here any text you want

Thoughts on Interior???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ms. FastNasty

K guys...looking for some feedback on the interior of my GN. Dad had the seats re-done...but I don't think the seats match the doors. They look bluish gray to me. Could be that the door fabric is 20+ years old and the seats aren't...but maybe not. Thought I would post this picture on here to get your thoughts. Do you agree these colors are WAY off, or is it just me???? If you think it's way off like I do, any suggestions on where I can get upholstery that REALLY matches the rest of the car's interior.
PS...forgive the horrible looking interior...think dad had a freggin party in that car at some point...BUT...that'll all be fixed soon!!!
Thanks guys!

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 232
Oh, one more thing...while we're on the subject...anyone know of a good place to get the rest of the interior??? The parts I need are pretty obvious in the picture (steering wheel, console, dash parts, etc).
Thanks!

G-bodyparts, Jax Seat covers, SE Turbo, Postons, Ebay.... I'd use vendor that carries as near to stock upholstery as possible (stock material is not available anymore)... My plan is to do leather on my Grey-T Regal, really not too much more expensive then goin less then politically correct stock anyway,

BT

I have heard the Jax covers are a few shades off so if those are the ones you have your not crazy the color is off i did see their leather interior and if mine rips im going with leather as far as the other parts you need as already said Gbodyparts.com SEturbo.com i would stay away from Postons for now cause the have issues right now you could also try Kirbins he may also have some of the parts you need looks like its comming along nicely now wash it and post some good pics:biggrin:

Yeah that color is definitely off but as you said, the fact that the rest of the interior is original and has 20 years of fading could contribute to the illusion.

Just curious, how does the rest of the car look?

Surprisingly, the rest of the car is okie dokie. Whoever painted it last sucked majorly at his job...but we'll be fixing that too. No major rust issues (which I hear is common with the T-Tops) and there aren't any dings or dents. Basically, just dealing with the after effects of it being a daily driver for so many years...and a guy that does crap paint jobs. Can't wait to go see Lee, will take pictures of the engine and post them. I'll try to get some more pictures of the work we've done so far on it.

Wow....I see what you mean! It does look sorta, kinda, a little, well....... bluish to me. I've heard nothing but good things about the GBODY covers and that's why i'm going with them. I think they're reasonably priced too! As for the steering wheel, there's always quite a few on Ebay if you want to go that route. You can also re-dye it as well along with the center console cover. Just go to your local auto body supply house and get some gray leather interior dye. Good luck.........Ken

Is that in a garage or in the sun light? If it's inside take it out side to get a better idea of the color diff. When I saw it I actually said "DAAAAHHH", it looked that bad.

K guys...looking for some feedback on the interior of my GN. Dad had the seats re-done...but I don't think the seats match the doors. They look bluish gray to me. Could be that the door fabric is 20+ years old and the seats aren't...but maybe not. Thought I would post this picture on here to get your thoughts. Do you agree these colors are WAY off, or is it just me???? If you think it's way off like I do, any suggestions on where I can get upholstery that REALLY matches the rest of the car's interior.
PS...forgive the horrible looking interior...think dad had a freggin party in that car at some point...BUT...that'll all be fixed soon!!!
Thanks guys!

did you buy the seat covers from a buick vendor.? if so where? does look blueish. or did the shop reappolster them.

Is that in a garage or in the sun light? If it's inside take it out side to get a better idea of the color diff. When I saw it I actually said "DAAAAHHH", it looked that bad.

Awwww...I no it looks horrible. One thing at a time though, we'll tackle the interior here in a couple weeks when the engine is done. Told you though...looked like he had a party in there! That picture is in the garage, with the garage door open. It looks the same when it's outside.

This should take care of most of your needs. Don't see it aske we probably have it.
GBodyParts.com Online

Thanks! I've already got a hefty shopping list made for you guys when I get the engine back. We'll be completely redoing the interior of that car...so it um, looks half way decent and you don't cringe when I post pictures of it on here. :biggrin:

The new covers are way too light. To combat this problem I took all of my interiro pieces to my local upholstery shop and had them use all of the same material. (My seats were rough and the interiro panels were worn out enough to warrant this extreme)

If you check elsewhere on this site you will find some cool posts on how to refurbish the steering wheel super cheap.

Back