Time to go Stage II!

I'm going to be devils advocate here and point out that the "neck" area is very much like the B4black intake and turbo foot. You might try some flow scenarios to see if it throws the air to one side rather than distributes it evenly.
There will be an internal flow vane at the curve after the throttle body that will help with that. It will extend to around 3 inches from the front of the main plenum body.

The Y plane template is almost finished.
Power bump to the MAX!
I may lift that rear slope for the top cover to more match the shape of the power bump in the hood. Why not? :wacky:
2014-02-20 17.10.03.jpg 2014-02-20 17.08.40.jpg

Last edited:
It's funny Norbs you keep asking Donny all about his car and his been at the track doing 8s and you can't get out of your parents drive way for the past 11 years, You should be asking your self what are you doing wrong.

I like it.
I bet the Millennium Falcon was powered by a Buick V6.
Large single turbocharged, I'm sure.

Last edited:
It's funny Norbs you keep asking Donny all about his car and his been at the track doing 8s and you can't get out of your parents drive way for the past 11 years, You should be asking your self what are you doing wrong.

Nothing wrong in asking Donnie about his car, if he does not want to share his info he would not be responding. These comments of yours are just myths and are really not contributing to his thread so lets get back on track.

Don't worry, Norbs. Anyone is welcome to ask and/or state what they wish. I'm a big boy.

Donnie, since your basing everything off of pressure pulse tuning, wouldn't the right half of the intake tract need to start hour glassing a little after the left side, being that the left side of the intake ports under the plenum are a tad closer to the throttle body? Here is a pic to embellish, can you see what I did to the shape, the hour glass is no longer even on both sides, but the drivers side starts curving outward a little after...

a2bd0433-6245-4636-9187-fbb90990540e_zpsf2c444ca.jpg

I like your thinking.
The problem I have with your example is the extreme angle you've created on that driver's side wall. Any large angle change can create turbulence. As it is, the angle I'm using is higher than I would like. You're proposing making it even larger.
Keep in mind that I'm trying to cancel out pressure pulse tuning in regards to the plenum with the larger than usual plenum volume. The shape has nothing to do with pressure pulse tuning considerations.
The mission here is to slowly expand and slow the flow of intake air by the time it reaches the first intake runner. The slower the flow, the less chance of creating turbulence and varying pressure pockets around the intake runners.
Also, the idea is to expand out as quickly as possible in order to end up with as much plenum volume as possible , but not so fast that turbulence is created.

Also, keep in mind that I plan to add a dividing flow vane, or two in the turn, after the throttle body.

Last edited:
Screw the hood. The intake plenum design is going through a re-design. No compromise

The next step will be to build up (glue into place) more wood pieces to have something to work into the true shape