Time to go Stage II!

Cal why don;t you convince Donnie to go XFI, it would be so much easier to tune??

Cal why don;t you convince Donnie to go XFI, it would be so much easier to tune??
Maybe it would be easier for you. Having already worked with the TEC system, it's a piece of cake for me. I don't understand why you feel it's so difficult.

Brainstorming on the intake with the throttle body repositioned.
IMAG0518.jpg IMAG0519.jpg IMAG0520.jpg IMAG0521.jpg IMAG0523.jpg

Don't rush on my part. I'm anxious to see what kind of ET you throw down when she's back together. Although, the longer you take the faster everyone else is getting. It's a good thing you and Tony never locked anything up.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
I thought you'd be grateful that I gave you guys a chance to catch up. :p
When Tony backed out, I lost interest in getting her back together right away. I need incentive sometimes

Last edited:
I'm thinking the front section of the intake will need to be flange mounted to the main body for serviceability

Maybe it would be easier for you. Having already worked with the TEC system, it's a piece of cake for me. I don't understand why you feel it's so difficult.

If your satisfied with it, stick with it, but I don;t think it has traction control and a slew of other features. Which is what your going to need for the new setup....

Norbs. Did you know that there is a very good traction control system that can be added to the TEC system?
And what slew of other systems do you think I will need?

Well timed based nitrous control, different A/f targets using NOS, fueling, timing retards, wideband o2, etc., 24 sensors of data logging..3 rpm limiters.etc

Well timed based nitrous control, different A/f targets using NOS, fueling, timing retards, wideband o2, etc., 24 sensors of data logging..3 rpm limiters.etc
Just because a system has a bunch of gadgets doesn't mean you have to use every gadget.
What gadget do you feel I will not be able to get by without?

I only use the nitrous full bore for 1.5 sec at the most. Don't need time based nitrous control.
I don't use fueling correction, so I don't need a different nitrous a/f target.
TEC has nitrous retard control.
TEC uses wideband.
Don't need 3 rev limiters. Though the TEC has 3 rev limiters.
I could always use more data logging channels, but the latest stand alone dataloggers look like a lot of fun.
And, the TEC unit still has the BEST ignition system. If I want an ECU to be the best at anything, I want it to supply the most powerful and accurate ignition system out there. The rest is just frills and fashion

Last edited:
In Norbs's case...you HAVE to use all the gadgets.

You are correct, and loving it.. For your setup Donnie I would say the traction control and the wideband with +-25% correction would be the key features you need.

You are correct, and loving it.. For your setup Donnie I would say the traction control and the wideband with +-25% correction would be the key features you need.
Traction control will be added.
Correction? Nah. I'm not a correction kinda guy.
Norbs. Why do you think the TEC unit has no wide band correction? You should study the system better before criticizing it.

Last edited:
Here are a couple different configurations. I'm trying to strike a compromise between design appeal and functionality. The main functionality concern being to provide a stable air supply to each intake port runner.
The first design is using a 14 degree included angle to taper from the front to the main plenum body.
I'm preferring the second design, even though it is using a steeper taper angle after the turn from the throttle body. I also plan to add an internal flow vane or two at the turn after the throttle body.
IMAG0524.jpg
IMAG0525.jpg

Last edited:
I see the increase in plenum volume, but how does it play into the role of long vs. short runner lengths. This tosses that theory out the window doesn't it. I was wondering about the difference between the carb vs. the tunnel ram ( short vs. long runners) and was pretty much talked out of using the tunnel ram for the sake of torque. Keep up the good work.

I see the increase in plenum volume, but how does it play into the role of long vs. short runner lengths. This tosses that theory out the window doesn't it. I was wondering about the difference between the carb vs. the tunnel ram ( short vs. long runners) and was pretty much talked out of using the tunnel ram for the sake of torque. Keep up the good work.
Tuning of the intake runners is separate from the plenum volume, unless you're attempting to use the plenum volume to enhance your pressure pulse tuning.
I am trying to dampen that enhancement with the large plenum volume

I'm going to be devils advocate here and point out that the "neck" area is very much like the B4black intake and turbo foot. You might try some flow scenarios to see if it throws the air to one side rather than distributes it evenly.

What about all the trapped heat at the turbo collector, are you not concerned its going to heat up your air ducting quite significantly? Who's traction control will you be using?