Time to go Stage II!

What size are the Moran's? My local guy can get you the Atomizers. He's direct with the same guy Moran gets his parts from. Only difference is his come in black.

Bigger rubbers? Please leave that car on no bigger than a 29.5x10.5. There's no need for anything larger, just get the ride height down where it needs to be.
Big rubbers help to make up for bad track surface prep.

The Morans are 240 lb/hr each. Thanks for the contact lead. I'll look you up when I decide what I'm going to do.

Big rubbers help to make up for bad track surface prep.

Aint that the truth. Ran my can on the cheapest piece of crap shocks and was still able to hook the car after all these street radial cars ripped up the groove. I still wish I kept the car with stock rear suspension though.

Allan G.

I'm confident I could take a 29.5x10.5 and go down any surface in the country on stock suspension at the power level these v6's make. Black sheep on this board just went 5.40's on a back woods test and tune track on 275/60's and he's well over 3400#. Put it on a 29.5x10.5 and 5.20's would be easy....that's 7 second power. The key is the proper ride height. You can put a 33x10.5w on a car but if it sits up like a 4x4 it's not going to work optimally.

I'm confident I could take a 29.5x10.5 and go down any surface in the country on stock suspension at the power level these v6's make. Black sheep on this board just went 5.40's on a back woods test and tune track on 275/60's and he's well over 3400#. Put it on a 29.5x10.5 and 5.20's would be easy....that's 7 second power. The key is the proper ride height. You can put a 33x10.5w on a car but if it sits up like a 4x4 it's not going to work optimally.
What if the rubber build up and grooving in the track was only giving you 30-40 percent tire surface contact? Like my home track.

Tell them to start scrapping Don! LOL ;)
I'm not the only racer that's been telling them that. Even the big rubber guys have been bugging the owners to do something. Bottom line is, they don't have the proper equipment to manage the track surface the way it should be. Everyone that's faster than high 5s runs big rubber at our track.

I'm not the only racer that's been telling them that. They don't have the proper equipment to manage the track surface the way it should be. Everyone that's faster than mid to high 5s runs big rubber at our track.
I hear ya Don, but that is a safety issue in NHRA tracks! But hey to each of our own! run those big rubbers! ;)

I'll try to get a pic of the track surface just past the concrete launch pad one of these days. You'll be shocked. And, that's about the point where I have to make my 1-2 shift.

I hear ya Don, but that is a safety issue in NHRA tracks! But hey to each of our own! run those big rubbers! ;)
Exactly. We keep harping on the owners about the safety side of it. Unfortunately, the owners also race on the track with big rubbers and simply reply, "I'm not having any problem. Fix your suspension." o_O

Exactly. We keep harping on the owners about the safety side of it. Unfortunately, the owners also race on the track with big rubbers and simply reply, "I'm not having any problem. Fix your suspension." o_O

I feel ya brother! LOL

If it's that bad then it's the worst track in the entire country. From your explaination it sounds like your racing on train tracks. It comes back to having the proper ride height and center of gravity. A car with a low ride height and the proper front end travel will run faster on a smaller tire. For example last weekend. Track temp locally was 160 degrees which is like racing on grease yet the slowest pass on a 29x10.5 was in the 5.0's.

If it's that bad then it's the worst track in the entire country. From your explaination it sounds like your racing on train tracks. It comes back to having the proper ride height and center of gravity. A car with a low ride height and the proper front end travel will run faster on a smaller tire. For example last weekend. Track temp locally was 160 degrees which is like racing on grease yet the slowest pass on a 29x10.5 was in the 5.0's.
Dusty, I'm not disputing your input at all. I have been going to this track since around 2001. Except for the scraping they do to the concrete launch pad, the asphalt, which is the rest of the track, has not been scraped since I started going there. :eek:

If anyone has any suggestions for a cheap way to scrape an asphalt track without tearing it up, please chime in. The owners are scratching their heads for a solution. They do have tractors available. One of the owners drives for a rental equipment yard.

Has anyone ever been on a dirt road that had a washboard affect. Imagine the washboard turned lengthwise down the track. The rubber build up at the highest points has to be 3/8", if not more.
Even with the track this bad, I've been able to pull out a 5.5s on the 10.5s. Only once.
You guys have to remember the sort of boost curve I have to use to get down my track. It's rediculous. So much power being thrown out the window to maintain traction.

Has anyone ever been on a dirt road that had a washboard affect. Imagine the washboard turned lengthwise down the track.
Even with the track this bad, I've been able to pull out a 5.5s on the 10.5s. Only once.
You guys have to remember the sort of boost curve I have to use to get down my track. It's rediculous. So much power being thrown out the window to maintain traction.
If they have been neglecting it. I have no clue Don! Try this website, or old fashion elbow grease. Heat up a steel blade and scrape!

http://www.asphaltkingdom.com/asphalt-race-track-repair.html
keep me posted, have a safe fourth buddy!

If they have been neglecting it. I have no clue Don! Try this website, or old fashion elbow grease. Heat up a steel blade and scrape!

http://www.asphaltkingdom.com/asphalt-race-track-repair.html
keep me posted, have a safe fourth buddy!
They've tried that. If the person doing it is not careful, it pulls the asphalt up with the rubber. Not to mention the uneven surface you can end up with if a person is not really talented at scraping.
Same to you with the Fourth. Have a tea party for me.

Several of our local tracks are half or 3/4 asphalt. Sounds like they need to use the blow torch and flat hoe and some effort. If they can't provide me a safe surface I'd travel else where. Around here they use the torch to get the rubber hot then scrape it off.

Several of our local tracks are half or 3/4 asphalt. Sounds like they need to use the blow torch and flat hoe and some effort. If they can't provide me a safe surface I'd travel else where. Around here they use the torch to get the rubber hot then scrape it off.

guys if they just spent time to seal it properly and money it would save all trouble. feel for you guys! :(

I thought I'd throw this pic in the mix. I think it's pretty cool.

IMGP2609rs.jpg