Times and combos with billet turbos

If youre spraying alky in there and running oxygenated pump gas id drop that target down some. 23* with 28psi on 93/alky is pretty aggressive. Them cylinders are going to be getting hot.
i was running vp 103 non leaded. Also running dual nozzle with 2 M10's instead of 1 M10 and 1 M15. Does that help? Still learning.

It's starting to come together!:cool:
6265 DBB 18psi / 5 psi fb launch
60ft - 1.695
1/8 - 7.266
mph - 97.204
et - 11.349
mph - 118.710

It's starting to come together!:cool:
6265 DBB 18psi / 5 psi fb launch
60ft - 1.695
1/8 - 7.266
mph - 97.204
et - 11.349
mph - 118.710

You'll go 130mph @ 30psi. Those new wheels really seem to start singing at the higher boost levels.

You'll go 130mph @ 30psi. Those new wheels really seem to start singing at the higher boost levels.

I'm not sure you will make it, but if you can reach 30psi you should go a lot faster than that. On a stroker motor, around 25psi should be enough for 130. I have a customer who just ran 10.54@129.11 with a setup very similar to what 87WE4BOOSTED has. Our car was at 22psi and only has the 62 exhaust wheel.

I'm not sure you will make it, but if you can reach 30psi you should go a lot faster than that. On a stroker motor, around 25psi should be enough for 130. I have a customer who just ran 10.54@129.11 with a setup very similar to what 87WE4BOOSTED has. Our car was at 22psi and only has the 62 exhaust wheel.
Agreed. More like 137-138mph if everything is working like it should and its not out of compressor. Mine started making heat around 28psi on a stock stroke but the engine was really efficient with the cam/heads i ran. Hit roughly 78lbs/min before it fell off though. 696whp. It seemed really happy between 2.5:1 and 2.7:1@75lbs/min. A lot of potential with that little compressor. The engines ability to swallow the potential seems much more important based on the posts in this thread.

i was running vp 103 non leaded. Also running dual nozzle with 2 M10's instead of 1 M10 and 1 M15. Does that help? Still learning.

I think two 10's is a good option and I also have found that the halo nozzles seem to be more effective.

Agreed. More like 137-138mph if everything is working like it should and its not out of compressor. Mine started making heat around 28psi on a stock stroke but the engine was really efficient with the cam/heads i ran. Hit roughly 78lbs/min before it fell off though. 696whp. It seemed really happy between 2.5:1 and 2.7:1@75lbs/min. A lot of potential with that little compressor. The engines ability to swallow the potential seems much more important based on the posts in this thread.

Last sentence really fits with my experience. Stroker kit and a 218/218 roller cam kit versus a stock stroke, 212/212 flat tappet cam with several flat lobes yielded a quicker ET of .2 seconds and 5 MPH on 19#'s of boost instead of 28#.

Had a couple of events that happened that gave me cause to pause so I haven't raced in a few weeks. One was that I found out how many RPM's it took to run 109 MPH in second gear on 28" tires, 6970 is the number for those who are interested, but the engine does not seem to have suffered any damage. Second was a fellow racer was killed at the track on the following weekend and another one was busted up pretty bad the weekend after that.

ProStreet night last Friday night and no accidents so questions about track conditions are gone so I'm back in racing mode. Will put in the race gas and turn up the boost and make sure the tranny is firmly locked in 3rd gear.

Thanks for the info, still learning. Good to know though and nice to see these results. I haven't seen many going that fast yet with this turbo. Guess I won't be getting one either until I can get a motor put together to take it. I don't think I want to push my stock bottom end to 130+mph, regardless of what anyone else has done, but I'll be working my TE44, on the hotside at least, to get to 120mph and that's my goal, and limit I've set for my stock motor. Thanks again Cal and Bison for posting.

Thanks for the info, still learning. Good to know though and nice to see these results. I haven't seen many going that fast yet with this turbo. Guess I won't be getting one either until I can get a motor put together to take it. I don't think I want to push my stock bottom end to 130+mph, regardless of what anyone else has done, but I'll be working my TE44, on the hotside at least, to get to 120mph and that's my goal, and limit I've set for my stock motor. Thanks again Cal and Bison for posting.

My customer had the same turbo on his stock engine while the good engine was being built. It worked great, we were just careful not to push it too hard. He ran a best of 11.64 with that combination. If you plan on using this turbo, don't be afraid to try it on your stocker. It's better to only buy once and just exercise some caution. If you never plan on going that fast, there are other, cheaper turbos out there.

Great info ! Im stuck between the 6265 BB and the 6262 Std b. As I have a 3200 stall in my car but its a stock block heads and cam for now. I really just want to buy one so maybe best with the 6265BB???? and hope I can keep from turning it up to far lol. Id like to go high 10's on the stock motor as I have a running bet with a buddy it cant be done :D

Keep in mind the 6265 (or 6266) should be a 9 sec capable turbo with the correct parts. It might not get there with stock parts now.... but the potential is there down the road.

1987T said:
Great info ! Im stuck between the 6265 BB and the 6262 Std b. As I have a 3200 stall in my car but its a stock block heads and cam for now. I really just want to buy one so maybe best with the 6265BB???? and hope I can keep from turning it up to far lol. Id like to go high 10's on the stock motor as I have a running bet with a buddy it cant be done :D
6265 on a stock engine. Lol.. Good luck with boost control on that one. The 6262 has been 10.5x on a stock engine already so he already lost that bet.

Keep in mind the 6265 (or 6266) should be a 9 sec capable turbo with the correct parts. It might not get there with stock parts now.... but the potential is there down the road.
Yes I know and when we do an engine it will be 9 sec. capable :)
What I really want is instant boost and to be able to control my launch PSI on the Transbrake with the throttle and launch rpm. Plus I want be able to scare the crap out of all my friends :) I have been low low 8's so its not an issue with me :)

Anyone else think this would be an issue?
Looking to get a turbo soon :)
Nope. I run an ext gate DP w/electric cutout and I get 1 psi over the rated spring. With the dump closed = 1psi Dump open = 3psi. I like that idea of getting 2 psi worth of boost and sounding like monster by just opening the dump. :cool: As far as your turbo selection goes, your goals along with budget should dictate that :) . I broke my stock motor with the 6262 with run away boost. :eek: That's when I was using a TA 3" internal gate DP. My goals dictated my new build and turbo selection. GL!

Why would you spend the $ converting to an external wastegate so that you can run a compressor that will support 200hp more than your engine can make? Why not save the $ for a converter and order a 5862 or an old cast 60-1/62 journal turbo. Both of which will still support way more mass flow than your engine would use with stock heads and cam and then when you decide to do heads and cam you can sell your turbo for about 70% of what you paid for it and by the correct one and have your converter adjusted for the new power band?

Bison would run away boost be a problem with the 6265 and the d5 still in the car? If i go ahead and put this ptc 9.5 i have in what would be the best means of boost control i have a rjc controller and gonna use the hd wastegate...and a cas v2 front mount....the only reason the converter isnt in the car yet is im having a hard time with the idea of putting a $1000 converter in a 25 year old trans...hopefully ill have a janis tranny by mid summer:cool:

Why would you spend the $ converting to an external wastegate so that you can run a compressor that will support 200hp more than your engine can make? Why not save the $ for a converter and order a 5862 or an old cast 60-1/62 journal turbo. Both of which will still support way more mass flow than your engine would use with stock heads and cam and then when you decide to do heads and cam you can sell your turbo for about 70% of what you paid for it and by the correct one and have your converter adjusted for the new power band?

I would like to see dyno results from a 6262 .63 with external gate dumped. My 38mm is dumping some serious exhaust(judging sound) after the turbo spools fully and since that exhaust doesnt have to travel through the housing.