Tire Poll

What type of tire should be allowed in a true daily driver , 93 octane heads up race

• Any DOT approved tire allowed

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • Only factory type daily driving street tires allowed

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Slicks & Any DOT approved tire allowed

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
I voted DOT tire but with that it should be at minimum a drag radial. When you say 93 octane you emphasize daily driver. How many guys run M/T cheaters and 93 octane on the street.

Originally posted by CopGn
I voted DOT tire but with that it should be at minimum a drag radial. When you say 93 octane you emphasize daily driver. How many guys run M/T cheaters and 93 octane on the street.

I do all the time..what when you run 30 PSI boost on the street..ya need tires.. I mean 15 psi boost:rolleyes:

DOT tires baby.. if its got a DOT sticker they should be good enough for a street tire no?

How bout a tire rental at the track ;)

:rolleyes: hehe

Drag Radial class, I'll be swapping to them from the Blizzaks.

Must not rain much down there in sunny FLA. ;)

No cheaters. :)

I think TTA's should have their own class too. :D

Built it and they will come, still think this is gonna be the race class of the future. :cool:

Do it right the first time.
:p

Anyone see a problem with running ET Streets everyday? As long as you can afford the $$$ in replacing tires..WTF

I'll be running on drag radials.. so no matter to me.

TTA's should be outlawed

;)

Julio
You are right TTA s should be outlawed or made to run regular radials when every one else can run what ever. You have too much of a aero advantage......:eek: :D

So it's unanimous, ban him. :D

He'd be perfect for tech. inspector and the guy who hands out the trophy. ;)

Originally posted by salvageV6
So it's unanimous, ban him. :D

He'd be perfect for tech. inspector and the guy who hands out the trophy. ;)

I have no problem doing the tech and handing out the trophy. I have a certain edge that doesnt make things fair..so I'll watch and help..

I will do some runs on the car, but leave ya guys with getting the trophy. "Buick Southern Nationals Fastest Street Car"

That has a nice ring to it :D

Being involved with the cars and community like I am, it would be my pleasure to help the event out in any way I can.

And I too agree.. this will be the class to watch, since in involves the majority.

I have a question that might make Razor sad. When you say 93 octane I am guessing you are also saying no alcohol? And not to make matters difficult does that include injecting water?

Also if I run a full slick but write DOT on it can I run that?:p That is what M/T does. Hey if you want I will even cut a grove in the middle to channel water for the street.:rolleyes:

Hey I was just joking Razor. Unless you win that is. :p

It's a pump gas and adder class, alky., NOS, propane, water, NO RACE GAS. :)

Wonder if all the race cars running slicks are gonna get a bit P.O.'d due to all that radial rubber the coolest class is gonna run. :eek:

Another issue..... guess all the street cars are gonna have to stick together. :)

Is this a Buick only event or is the track running the regular program as well???

Originally posted by CopGn
I have a question that might make Razor sad. When you say 93 octane I am guessing you are also saying no alcohol? And not to make matters difficult does that include injecting water?

Also if I run a full slick but write DOT on it can I run that?:p That is what M/T does. Hey if you want I will even cut a grove in the middle to channel water for the street.:rolleyes:

No sadness..

If you look at the initial post, the idea of the class is to be creative with 93 octane in the tank. Similar to what Hot Rod is doing with a better twist. Allow any injection. My suggestion on rules was pretty simple, 3500 lbs minimum, 10 gallons of 93 in the tank, and we have the tires issue.

So alcohol, propane, NOS, nitromethane, hydrogen peroxide, acetone, beer, water, U name it..as long as 93 or less octane is in the main fuel tank.. u'r good to go.

Lot of us have seeked alternative fuel enrichment.. how many Buicks now run an alternative enrichment system.. thats where this class ROCKS!!!

So.. run it like the car is normally driven.. If you want to run on 93 by itself..great..if you wanna spray it with XYZ..good too.

Hows that :) may the most consistent fastest guy win... on 93 ;)

QUESTION.are there going to be bracket classes like there was last year to go along with the 93 class,so the rest of us that want to race on slicks can have some compation. thanks

Ok so far it's street cars with dot's . I have a 10 second dot tired stage 2 93 octane buick i want to run as well as a street 109 gn that wants to run . I see no reason to limit engines because the 93 octane will limit the performance right ? Input?

I have a 10 second dot tired stage 2 93 octane buick

Wow.

Do you drive it to work every day?

Can you drive it from Miami to Orlando?

Is it 10 second capable at every traffic light on the way to the grocery store?

Do you own your own business working on turbo regals?

The 93 octane / street tire class is for the "common" turbo regal owner.

Meaning; you drive your car every day, it is your only car, you use it for everything and your name is not Cal, Laz, Jeff, Freddie or Rick.;)

The fastest car in this class should be mid 11's.

I am guessing the class would be comprised of low 13 to mid 11 second cars.

Hmmm, My name is not Laz, Cal, Freddy or Rick and I don't have a stage motor. My car will take me to grocery store if needed. It will be driven from Miami to Bradenton and will stop at stop lights as needed. A month ago my daily driver was in the shop and I drove the GN for two weeks. It was the first time driven in close to a year. The car is garage kept and under cover at all times. It's far from a show piece and has more dings, dents and scratches than I feel confortable to look at, but it's my car and I choose to baby it as I see fit. I don't understand why I would be excluded from participating in the class and from taking this rare opportunity to enjoy time with my car and my son. My car fits the class and do anything yours can do. As far as can tell, the only difference between both our cars is the tax bracket of the owner. I'd encourage you guys to re-evaluate the rules and leave economics out of this. If you have a buick, are willing to drive it to the track and run on pump gas.....you should be allowed to participate.

I await the dabate.....

thanks,

This only goes to show what people will do to win a 12" high cheap trophy. :D

Boy I wish I was making the rules. ;)

That being said, hey Jesse how much to sponsor the trophy and make the rules for the Class?

Take the heat off you too. :cool:

I would like to see two classes, one stock 109's with stock heads and cam, and the other TBD.

Gonna heat back up now. :)

Shaun this is input, good .To your questions no ,yes,yes ,no at this time. I tune friends cars for fun and some coin some times . I raced this staged buick on the street after driving it over 100 miles to the race to be honest it ran 10.80s@130 AT 13 pounds of boost on bfg street radials and drove to and from the track . I wanted to know if it would be legal as i have not heard any block rules that would make it illegal. I know that if you guys want we will have a few cummins powered trucks we could race as there is a diesel drag race the same day saturday . I know a few guys going to this race and they could run low 11 on pump gas so make the rules now and they can follow them accordingly. Two classes is ok if you have car count make one 109 one power adders and 93 outlaw alcohol, nitrous, stage blocks what ever. Laz