Tire Poll

What type of tire should be allowed in a true daily driver , 93 octane heads up race

• Any DOT approved tire allowed

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • Only factory type daily driving street tires allowed

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Slicks & Any DOT approved tire allowed

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
Laz,

The 93 / street tire class is meant to be a class for those that can be competitive in that class.

That means me, Julio, scott, terry, etc, etc should NOT have to go up against you, Jeff Ro**** and Freddie who OBVIOUSLY have an unfair advantage.

Some of the things that we are talking about is 93 octane, DOT street tires, 3500 lbs minimum, one power adder (since most everyone has alchy anyway). I think we talked about full interior and A/C.

Most people coming to this event don't have stage motors or run 10's.

This class is so that those people, who are always left out, can be competivie too.

It looks as if there needs to be another class for those that either want to run slicks, or who don't fit the daily driver class.

1. TSM.
2. Outlaw.
3. 93 daily driver
4. ?????

Originally posted by laz
Ok so far it's street cars with dot's . I have a 10 second dot tired stage 2 93 octane buick i want to run as well as a street 109 gn that wants to run . I see no reason to limit engines because the 93 octane will limit the performance right ? Input?

Bring it on.. prove it does the number on pump gas ;)

But I really wanted to see a 109 block car do it. ya know keep the cubes in check. And it has to weigh the number.

BTW.. Laz.. call me. I need some advice :eek:

Tino, I dont care.. bring it on.

I did a little shake down pass on thursday nite.. ran 11.71 comfortably with a 1.75 60 foot. Come March.. 11.30's should be the there.. may even hit 10.9's. We'll see :)

I'm getting it ready.. I'll probably lose, cuase if it hits 10.9's they'll kick me out. :eek: .. ohh well

If you have a buick, are willing to drive it to the track and run on pump gas.....you should be allowed to participate.

I agree. That is what the class is all about.

If one of you guys drives up from Miami, clicks off 10's on 93 octane and BFG's, I want to know how you did it so I can do it to!:cool:

My sponsor is taking his money and heading for TSM... far less bickering. :D

Plus I'm sobering up and thinking tech'ng this class is going to be far worse than any other Buick class. :p

Sucks to run out of beer at 1125 pm. ;)

Betcha we could end up with 3 pages of rules for this class, if done right.
:cool: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by jsta6
I agree. That is what the class is all about.

If one of you guys drives up from Miami, clicks off 10's on 93 octane and BFG's, I want to know how you did it so I can do it to!:cool:

Yay brother. Finally someone looking for the reason to make this class happen. I want to know who the fastest guy on 93 octane is. I dont care how its done.. just do it.

Get your car ready, 11.99 is way possible

"Who is the fastest guy running full weight on 93 octane"

I may take the spare tire out and remove the sway bar :eek:

Razor, I ain't scaaaaaared. I just want to drive my car, spend some time with my son and have some fun with you guys. Shawn, I will be driving the driving car from Miami and I hope I will be driving it back. Not too sure now since Razor is pushing me to set it on kill. Either way.....It's all Good.

BTW Shawn, you are one step ahead of all us. When I was your age and my daughter was born, I had to sell the only toy I had ( 79 Chev Monza with a 400 CI ) to feed and cloth us. You are doing that and managed to keep your toy.... Congrats !

:eek: .. hehehe

That little dancing sheep was rite :)

Should do it on 20-22 PSI boost tops.

Plus there is a little added weight that ought to get it rite there no problemo.

Can you say scuba :D

Betcha we could end up with 3 pages of rules for this class

I agree.

I think there is a fine line between:

1. Just 93 octane.
and
2. Daily driver class.

I think the "daily driver" should have a competitive class to run in. If you drive your car everyday, dealing with traffic, dirt, depreciation, mainenance and upkeep, speeding tickets, insurance, risk of teft at local shopping mall, working out transportation when car is in the shop, and any other wear and tear. Not to mention dealing with FOUR kids like I have.;)

Why should I have to run against someone who only starts their car once a month, trailers it to the track, and runs 10's.

This puts you on the fence, Julio...:D

That little dancing sheep was rite

Now, Juilo, aren't you going to feel bad if you start cracking 10.9's, 10.8's, 10.7's and the rest of us "REAL" daily driver cars are still in the 12's?:D

Who invited the "white cars" anyway?;)

You are doing that and managed to keep your toy

Yeah.

You "bullies" running 10's with your stage motors go get your own class and leave us "po' folk with kids to put through college" alone...:D

PS: what is a monza?;)

Nope, no stage motor in my car. It's all 109, steel headed. The stage motor is in another car Laz works on. A Monza is kinda of cross between a camaro and vega. They came out around 75 thru 80. Chevy called it a Monza, Buick called Skyhawk and I think Pontiac had a model called a Sunbird. It looked like big Vega. Mine came acutally came with a Buick V6 N/A but Chevy's top of the line sports model called a Monza Spyder came with a 305. I bought those motor mounts, yanked the 6 and dropped in a 400 and sprayed it with 125. It was fast at the time and fun.

Anyway, I look forward to giving you guys good run at Bradenton.

Drag on.....

I like the '93 octane steel belted tire class. ET Streets aren't something you'd drive from the east coast to the west coast of Florida on and I'm no familiar with the M/T tires.

Originally posted by jsta6
Now, Juilo, aren't you going to feel bad if you start cracking 10.9's, 10.8's, 10.7's and the rest of us "REAL" daily driver cars are still in the 12's?:D

Who invited the "white cars" anyway?;)

Hey i'm just messing with the minds ;)

I'll be happy with my typical 11.6-11.9 pass. If it goes faster.. great. If it doesnt.. great. I dont have a cage/bar, so I need to keep it running 11.49 or slower to keep them from booting me. So if it runs 11.6-11.7 on stock stuff..wonder what it can do with nice heads, and a cam? I wish I could do what Chuck Leeper did.. 11.9 at 133 :D

Lastly, heres a tip on Bradenton, if your going to race, and be in the 11's.. better buy a jacket.. they'll let you play as long as you have a jacket and helmet in the mid 11- 12 second range. Dip into faster than 11.30's, you better have a bar, else ya get the BOOTS :eek:

Actually i'll be happy having the car ready for the event. A lot of wrenches are getting turned to make it happen.

Change your tires at the track, we want everone coming to be safe.. 1st and foremost..

Razor,

You have a PM.:)

:D ;) :eek: :cool:

Everyone can look for a New thread with the official rules and classes, within the next two days.

I want to thank everyone for their feedback and patience.

-Alex

good question Laz, as long as its on dot's and 93 oct.
let's have some fun!!!!!!
say hi to BOOOOST for me.thanks JD