You can type here any text you want

took a beaten

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bb's turbo t

was cruising around the other night and got lucky and got a red light next to a subaroo sti. guy looks over and gives me the nod so i knew it was on. Light turns green and i got a good jump on him, at least a car , but he took me on the top end by about 2 cars. I'm only running 15lbs of boost on the street so its time to purchase a alky kit. you win some and you lose some but damn it sucks losing to a ricer ( big wing and all ). This was my first real street race in this car and it wasnt the outcome i was hopeing for. Alky kit and 24lbs of boost and the roo kid will be in for a rude awakening.

Yup...call Razor and get that Alky on there.
You'll crush him with a liuttle more boost on tap.
You wont need 24lbs to kill him...but...it'll be fun.

better luck next time
on another note, why are you running a 3.23 gear?

NOTACARLO well put but WHY do they keep doing it????

Everyone PLEASE REPEAT AFTER ME 10 times.
I WILL NOT RACE WITH LESS THAN 18 lb BOOST.

REMEMBER - without boost, it is just a 231 6 cyl.

The previous owner put the 323's in. I think he said he was running out of gear at the the top end or something like that. i was wondering the same thing when he told me.I always thought that 342's were a perfect gear for the car. i bought the car off this site ( turboxan). Stand up guy. Car has been everything he said it was. I see most of you guys have a alky kit installed, I was just wondering if there is any tuneing you have to do after a alky install?

As far as takeing a knife to a gun fight. I'm not one to turn down a race ( i think meanchicken and myself share this same condition), i would rather race and lose then wuss out and not race at all.

The previous owner put the 323's in. I think he said he was running out of gear at the the top end or something like that. i was wondering the same thing when he told me.I always thought that 342's were a perfect gear for the car. i bought the car off this site ( turboxan). Stand up guy. Car has been everything he said it was. I see most of you guys have a alky kit installed, I was just wondering if there is any tuneing you have to do after a alky install?

As far as takeing a knife to a gun fight. I'm not one to turn down a race ( i think meanchicken and myself share this same condition), i would rather race and lose then wuss out and not race at all.

Yup. Gotta tune for the Alky, but it's not hard.
...and...Yup...never walk away from a gun fight without taking a stab at the other guy first....his gun might jam.......

first race was my 72 challenger 340 vs 70 mach 1 mustang. First of many mustang beat downs. And it was the first day i had my license. Alky kit will be coming soon.

tru dat! I will race anything with anything...
alky inj. is awesome for turbo cars. i was running 100 octane with 19# max boost. now i am running alky with 93 octane and 23# boost. i can get more boost but i need to change over to a hd actuator.

I think before you run off and get a alky kit, you need to look at what you have. Even at 15psi you should easily crush a suby. I think that gear set is killing you, and when you combine a stock torque converter, the engine can't get into it's torque range with those highway gears. Just my .02

Not a fan of the 323's either but the car does have a 3200 stall converter. No one was more surprised to lose to a sti then me, so i defin agree with ya. the previous owner did run a best of 11.30's @ 118mph.

Get alky and you'll never look back..... call Eric at Turbo Tweak for a alky chip, and you'll be all set.

Chuck

GSTOY

I think before you run off and get a alky kit, you need to look at what you have. Even at 15psi you should easily crush a suby. I think that gear set is killing you, and when you combine a stock torque converter, the engine can't get into it's torque range with those highway gears. Just my .02

Well, not all Subys are alike. May be able to crush a stock one but not a tuned and upgraded one. A friend of mine has an 06 Subaru Imprezza STi. He has 380 crank HP from a flash tune, larger inter-cooler and dual exhaust. Very fast with AWD from a dig. He did not know about the GN's so I informed him of the Dark Side. So he is now informed of what to look out far and not to take them for granted. Oh, he did beat a Harley from a roll, 90-130 by two car lengths.:eek: He said he has not taken it over 150 so far.

was cruising around the other night and got lucky and got a red light next to a subaroo sti. guy looks over and gives me the nod so i knew it was on. Light turns green and i got a good jump on him, at least a car , but he took me on the top end by about 2 cars. I'm only running 15lbs of boost on the street so its time to purchase a alky kit. you win some and you lose some but damn it sucks losing to a ricer ( big wing and all ). This was my first real street race in this car and it wasnt the outcome i was hopeing for. Alky kit and 24lbs of boost and the roo kid will be in for a rude awakening.

props for getting him off the line..those Sti's usually launch pretty good with awd...he must have some mods b/c those cars only make about 300bhp stock

If you have a stock block and heads and only run 15lbs of boost you can't expect to run away from much these days...More boost with the same exact mods would have been all the difference especially seeing you got the AWD Subi off the line!!!

Your Christmas short wish list should be a Razor alky kit! I'd abstain from any street encounters until you have it installed and tuned. Good luck.

bb's turbo t said:
I'm only running 15lbs of boost...

Boost is meaningless, it is a measure of resistance. No alky needed, just open those heads, intake and throttle body up, drop in a much better camshaft, burn the right prom, then run 15-pounds of boost and try him again. That EVO won't have a prayer....

props for getting him off the line..those Sti's usually launch pretty good with awd

My car does get off the line real good. Previous owner had a 1.56 60 ft with slicks. Still no alky kit but i did have another encounter with a different STI. This time it was a dead even race so i know for a fact the first STI definately had some work done. I am going to fill er up with some C16 so I can have some fun. I've had the car for 6 months and haven't cranked the boost up yet. That's not like me. I usually max out a new car within the first 24 hours I have it.

Yup. Gotta tune for the Alky, but it's not hard.
...and...Yup...never walk away from a gun fight without taking a stab at the other guy first....his gun might jam.......
Chicken this may belong in the political section but I think that any Buick owner getting beat down & disgracing the marque should receive 20 lashes like they do the women who are caught driving in the middle east.

Back