You can type here any text you want

Took her for 1/8 mile trip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jicaju

Jicaju
After trying to find a false knock for about a month I gave up and unhooked knock sensor. Suppose to have a 3400 stall but at 0 pounds of vacuum I'm at 2450 rpms. The time below is what she ran and the question is how many rpm should I have the torque convertor loosened up? Came off the line like a dog but if you look at the mph you'll see she still can bite!!!! This was at 23 pounds of boost with a little help from Julio. ;) .497 2.159 5.546 8.107 97.432mph Oh and that was with 0 knock :biggrin:

Holy Bat Crap... :eek:

Not bad for a rookie :biggrin:

get some tires under that "thing" in a hurry... that should have been a 7.10-7.20 easy

How does she feel from a 40 MPH roll in second :eek:

Sorry.. saw 97 MPH and got all distracted :biggrin:

I usually leave the line at 3400-3600 RPM's.. so your converter is way too tight.

Drop me a call next week.. i'll guide you on that part.

Jicaju said:
After trying to find a false knock for about a month I gave up and unhooked knock sensor.

Excellent idea, last guy i knew who did that splattered his motor all over the pavement and poked 20 holes in the cars underside from that one little wire being "unhooked"

Sometimes, even when you think everything is right, it really isnt, and utter destruction shows its face.

At least hook the wire back up and default the knock down low, might need it on the top end..... Damn TTa's and the unibodies :biggrin:
BW

Well you might think I'm crazy for unhooking the Knock sensor but first let me give you a little history. After rebuilding motor and reinstalling I have a knock that shows up under 0 boost as high a 11 degrees at WOT I have 0 knock. So first I pulled oil pan and found that pick-up tube was hitting oil plug bung o I made clearence and took it for test drive (same knock). Next put in my original tranny and torque convertor (same knock). Replaced knock sensor with a new sensor torqued to 14 foot pounds(same knock). New coil pack and module and wires(same knock). Fabricated pipe which came off of short section of HDP went straight up while hood was off(same knock). New tranny mount (same knock). Car has new poly motor mounts and new fly wheel with no visable cracks. After all this I remove engine again pulled front timing cover and had no issues with timing chain. Removed pan again and there were no issues there either. Crank has .008 end play. While driving car there is absolutely no SPARK KNOCK to be heard. So after all this you say by unhooking a little wire I could find a big problem HELL THAT WAS THE PLAN! If you rev engine up in park there is no knock. Had it up on stands and ran it through the gears to 80 mph with all the brake it had no knock. While engine was out also pulled valve covers no issue with rockers either. Engine runs smoothly at idle with no valve train noise nor when it is reved up. So if anyone has any other ideas they would be appriciated.

Hey, Razor she got the same tires you got but I could'nt build any boost off the line the convertor would not let me. She did'nt get spooled up until she was a 100 foot down the track. There was a Ford lightning truck beside me on this pass about 6 or 7 car lengths in front of me until it got spooled up and she got to hear the THUNDER. And sorry Razor I put some 110 feul in it til get this damn knock issue figured out, but I still sprayed her to. O2 were at 781 through the traps. I'll call you this week.

I dont know if this would help or not...But I remember some complaints about mystery knock after Installing A double roller timing chain,They were going nuts trying to find it...And finally changed the chain back to a stock style setup...Knock Gone.Being that you said this started after you rebuilt the motor....It might be a possibility.I have run a double roller in every 231 I rebuilt without a problem.But I always use the Rollmaster.

And the problem with the chain isnt something that you can see....It seems to be something about harmonics of certain double rollers at a certain RPM that causes it.

Either way..I hope you figure it out.

Good Luck,
Shawn

Back